Indy Fedora in Goonies

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

moviematt1989
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Indy Fedora in Goonies

Post by moviematt1989 »

Hey guy's,

I was just watching the goonies commentary and Richard Donner mentioned Spielberg lent him the Indiana Jones fedora for Jake Fratelli character. Did you guys know that?....looking at it it's pretty much strait out of the indy films but cleaner.

I tried to find a picture to include on here but couldn't...sorry : (

I'm sure this discovery has been made before, but just in case somebody missed it, I thought it was a fun fact to include. Does anybody know what film it came from? It defiantly has the shorter crown... and the movie came out in 85' so Temple?
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Indy Fedora in Goonies

Post by nicktheguy »

There are threads on this subject from the past. I think the general info was that it was from TOD. Not sure. A search will bring it up.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

It had to have been recreased because I seem to remember the Fratelli fedora having a tear drop top crease. I don't think that story is true. I think I heard it on the commentaries of the DVD, but you never know.

Dave
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yeah, the Goonie's fedora did have a teardrop crown (AMC played the film just last night ;) ), but the story stood for years it was 'lifted' from the TofD set.

There were so many HJ's and Stetson's laying around after TofD, that story never made me lift my eyebrows.

True or not, it's one of those stories told that held water.

Regards! Michaelson
DetectiveJones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by DetectiveJones »

What a coincidence, I was just watching Goonies with my kids this morning on AMC. My 4yr old noticed it the same time I did! Robert Davi is the actors name, I think. He played a good Bond bad guy.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i was looking at a screen grab of that very hat this week.....yup....she had a teardrop bash on top. i thought it looked pretty good still.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

DR Ulloa wrote: I don't think that story is true. I think I heard it on the commentaries of the DVD, but you never know.

Dave
Well, if recent history is any indication, comments made about costuming on DVD commentaries (especially those involving hats in SS productions) should be taken with a grain of salt.

I wonder what those guys over on gooniesgear.com think?

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Inbanana
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Inbanana »

:-k
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

the brim doesn't look to be dimensionally cut on fratelli's (sp?) fed.....hence the more 'hooded' look.

i could be wrong.....it's hard to spot that 1/8" trimming.....most the times ;)