G & B vs. Wings: Price Gap Closing?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Lao Feng
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

G & B vs. Wings: Price Gap Closing?

Post by Lao Feng »

I just visited the US Wings page as I was contemplating purchasing an Indy goat and I see the price is now $422.00. Still a little cheaper than G & B. But the price gap is closing. :-k
Indydawg

Re: G & B vs. Wings: Price Gap Closing?

Post by Indydawg »

Well....yes, and no. Probably what's going to happen is price increases on just about everything we buy at all. Perhaps some commodities more quickly than others, but due to the price of leather going up exponentially within the last couple of months, and the increased labor costs in China, I think we can pretty much count on everyone's prices to go up. So....while it might seem that the price gap is closing now, when G&B have to raise their prices in the next little while, the price gap will likely return.

Regards!
Indydawg
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Indydawg wrote:Well....yes, and no. Probably what's going to happen is price increases on just about everything we buy at all. Perhaps some commodities more quickly than others, but due to the price of leather going up exponentially within the last couple of months, and the increased labor costs in China, I think we can pretty much count on everyone's prices to go up. So....while it might seem that the price gap is closing now, when G&B have to raise their prices in the next little while, the price gap will likely return.

Regards!
Indydawg
And during a global recession...great! :roll:

But hey, what has to be done for the China laborers so they're not working for peanuts; I know what extra they get won't make them rich by any means. Unless its the factory owners that will get the extra revenue. :-k
Lao Feng
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Lao Feng »

Interesting. I thought the standard Indy goat was made in the U.S. Confused.
Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Post by Band Director Jones »

Lao Feng wrote:Interesting. I thought the standard Indy goat was made in the U.S. Confused.
I believe the increase in price is attributed more the the increase in the demand, and thus cost, of leather and not necessarily the labor costs involved.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Wings jackets, yes...but there are quite a
number of other jacket manufacturers whose factories are in China..