U.S. Wings Antique Cowhide 'Hero Jacket'

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: U.S. Wings Antique Cowhide 'Hero Jacket'

Post by Indakin »

John Vaughan wrote:27" is what I was told about the back length, in a reg that is, don't know about a long. Come to think of it I can't recall where or who told me that :-k

is that 27 inches from the base of the colar where it attaches to the body? If so thats def a big difference and id love that extra size.
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

Realistically, I wouldn't look for it until the 15th.
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

Indakin wrote:
John Vaughan wrote:27" is what I was told about the back length, in a reg that is, don't know about a long. Come to think of it I can't recall where or who told me that :-k

is that 27 inches from the base of the colar where it attaches to the body? If so thats def a big difference and id love that extra size.
I know the nice lady I talked to at USW told me the sleeves are (from center of collar over the shoulder and to the end of the sleeve) 36" on the large and I'm thinking she is the one that said 27" but I didn't ask if it was from the base or anything. I was more concerned about sleeve length. I'm truly sorry about not being able to give more info due to this swiss cheesed memory of mine. It's not what it used to be :oops: But if I get mine before you order yours I'll bust out the tape and give ya the numbers :TOH:
John
Last edited by John Vaughan on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

191145 wrote:Realistically, I wouldn't look for it until the 15th.
:-k Ya. thats kinda what I'm thinking too. [-o< I can always hope. [-o<

John
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

:-s :shock: :( :-0 Just read a PM I'm not feeling so good now
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

191145 wrote: Man, that's what I hope is true. I'm definitely not tall (5-8, 175), but the Wested is just too short in front - I'm sure that the problem is my 'barrel' chest more than the jacket. If the sleeves turn out too long, it's simple to take them up - any tailor shop can do it.
I have the reverse build to you - a big gut! :lol: It ate up what little length my Wested had. I love to show a comparison pic, but I the few pictures taken of my in my Wested were posed, and I tended to adjust it before hand. However, for illustration purposes, here is the shortest USW I own, with a 50 inch stomach in XXL. Also, I have short legs and a long torso (but not enough for a 'tall' size).

My Wested COULD look this long, but only if I stood still. One move and the front who come right up to the belt.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

John Vaughan wrote:
191145 wrote:If you used PayPal they had to follow-through. The merchant has no way of delaying the posting of the charge as they do on a regular card purchase. In other words, PayPal basically takes the money from your bank and pays the merchant (minus fees), so the charge would be posted to your card account very shortly thereafter. I'm sure USW has your order marked as 'pre-paid' and you most likely will be among the first recipients.
:-k Sounds good, and it would explain whats going on, problem with calling is I work 10 hour days at a place where cell phone use is a fast ticket home. can't call untill friday. Hope by then I don't have to, and I'll be sporting a new jacket, or at least lookin' at an email sayin' I'll be sportin' it soon, :TOH:

Thanks

John
Yes, if you use paypal then you are charged immediately, that is the way paypal works.

John US wings has a toll free number you can call from a land line to check on your order status.
What was your bad news via pm?
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

:clap: Bad news just got turned into gold! :clap: I can now say Never doubt the Sarge!!!! never, all is right in the world and life is good! And on my part anyway, I now have a new friend. :TOH:

Thanks

John

PS, God I love this place!
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

GREAT news, John! GLAD to hear it! ;) :TOH:
Regards!
Indydawg
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Patience is always a virtue around this place. ;)

HIGH regards! Michaelson
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Ain't THAT the truth! ;)

Regards!
Indydawg
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Well, the bonus gift Sarge is giving us has popped it's way onto the USW site... it's mighty nice of him too!!!! :TOH:

I needed another one, mines been misplaced with the move :D
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Just got this email
We wanted to notify all pre-order customers that this jacket has been delayed in shipping until around the 16th of June. There was a delay in production that has moved this date back. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but will notify you the moment they are available for shipping. We also wanted to let you know that the Khaki Web belt that is being offered now with this jacket will be sent with all of the pre-orders that have been made. Thank you for your understanding

Thank You,

Myke Redpath

General Manager
US WINGS, Inc
Travis
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:
191145 wrote: Man, that's what I hope is true. I'm definitely not tall (5-8, 175), but the Wested is just too short in front - I'm sure that the problem is my 'barrel' chest more than the jacket. If the sleeves turn out too long, it's simple to take them up - any tailor shop can do it.
I have the reverse build to you - a big gut! :lol: It ate up what little length my Wested had. I love to show a comparison pic, but I the few pictures taken of my in my Wested were posed, and I tended to adjust it before hand. However, for illustration purposes, here is the shortest USW I own, with a 50 inch stomach in XXL. Also, I have short legs and a long torso (but not enough for a 'tall' size).

My Wested COULD look this long, but only if I stood still. One move and the front who come right up to the belt.

I love everything about this jacket. it screams LC to me. just ad the snaps and your good to go!

nice jacket!
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hollowpond wrote:Just got this email
We wanted to notify all pre-order customers that this jacket has been delayed in shipping until around the 16th of June. There was a delay in production that has moved this date back. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but will notify you the moment they are available for shipping. We also wanted to let you know that the Khaki Web belt that is being offered now with this jacket will be sent with all of the pre-orders that have been made. Thank you for your understanding

Thank You,

Myke Redpath

General Manager
US WINGS, Inc
Travis
Yeah I got the same message ](*,) :cry:

even still, it's one great deal another week or so won't kill me!!!!
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

talked to them and seems like a LARGE was suggested for me for the lighweight model. Looks like ill be ordering soon. WEb belt is a nice plus, i needed to pick a khaki one up.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Indiana Holt wrote: I love everything about this jacket. it screams LC to me. just ad the snaps and your good to go!

nice jacket!
I agree, which is one of my attractions to the USW jackets. They just seem 'right'. The one in the pic, a black goatskin, gets a lot of wear.

I was disappointed by the delay at first, but I shrugged it off when I realized that I won't be wearing it for several months, anyhow. Especially since I'll need to have the sleeves altered, I wouldn't even get to wear it for the Summit if it shipped on time. So, no worries for me. Great that they let us know, though! :H:
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I am glad they let us know as well, same thing happened with the 'lil Indy jacket a couple pf years ago but the communication was horrible.
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

I dont care, I'm still VERY happy! Very happy indeed! \:D/

Thanks again

John

PS thanks Dawg! :TOH:
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

No worries! Glad to help!

Regards!
Indydawg
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

From the USW site: 'During the month of June, all orders will include one free US Wings American Style Cap (our choice of color)! These high quality caps feature a fully embroidered US Wings American Style logo on the front and an adjustable back strap for a custom fit. A $14.95 value. Embroidered in the USA.' And: 'Receive a free khaki web belt with the purchase of any adult or kid Indy-style jacket. These belts are genuine military-issue and feature a brass buckle and a cut-to-size length of 54".'

So....do you think we get both, since we're buying Indy jackets in June????
riothamus
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by riothamus »

I sure hope so! I noticed the hat during May as well and was hoping to get one. I can always add another cap to my collection! I know, I know, a CAP collection?! Well, I started it when I was a kid when I'd buy a hat, wear it a while, then buy a new one and hang the other one up on the pegboard. They may not be vintage or fedoras, but they're cool to me! And I don't wear them now anyway... Unless its raining and my fedoras are getting resized that is! :x

Excelsior!
Riothamus
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Sarge says the cap AND the belt will be coming!!!! He's thinking of going through July with this as well!

And _...HOPEFULLY, you'll be seeing one "in the flesh" pretty soon...if not, at least one of the product from the future projects going on!

Highest Regards!
Indydawg
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

Just waiting for an email reply on sizes before I pull the trigger on this sucker - my first new Indy jacket purchase in nearly 20 years! :o ( the extras aren't bad, either ) Image
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

well a LARGE is what i should get in the NZ lamb. But after reading through all these posts today, im not sure if i want that jacket now, or this possible other Raiders lambskin coming out?

Also after talking with Todd, i found out his sizes changed and got bigger.... Im planning to take a trip up there, maybe this friday and try stuff on.

Sooooo.... What is so special about the NZ lamb up for sale right now? Is it the COOPER pattern?

Just an older memeber trying to catch back up on everything goin on!!! Wanna get a different jacket then a raiders again.... Might want a new todds and the NZ lamb..... Which id like because im guessing his lamb is a bit heavier in quality. But im not too sure about that Redish coloring.... looks pretty good in the stock photos... but i dont know how much i like those flashed out pics. Im all set to get a TOD costume going too, so im not sure what to do. I know TOD used raiders jackets too so.... hmmm ... Help someone. #-o
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

Okay, just thought I'd say something about sizes here. I'm 5' 9" and 170 lbs I had ordered a large due to my chest size. I was told by a very good source that the large would just hang on me,(they run large for freedom of movement), and now my order is for a med. Hope this helps and I can't wait for it to get here. It's hot outside here in Kansas right now but I have central air so I'm turning it down just so I can wear it inside. :TOH:

John
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

Order sent! \:D/ Let the waiting commence.... ](*,) Image
IndianaSean
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndianaSean »

Indydawg wrote:Just posted an update in the vendor section, guys....should be shipping to you in the next ten days....

And, just as a thought on this Memorial Day eve....I don't think Sarge would mind if I shared this with you...he and I think enough alike about this that I might as well be posting my own thoughts...
You know I really don’t know what SA really is because we make jackets to not only feel and look good but hold up to the test of time! It is a stone fact that Disney for the past 20 years have been buying our Cow Indy Jackets and giving them to their major stock holders.. You have to ask yourself a very simple question.. Why ? Most are aware I am a business man and to me that is smart business. I and Neil think a like when it comes to all the back and forward who made what.. Bottom line is.. What you see on the screen and what is in the real world is not the same thing.. Today I put up a link on my main page today and that link is the Wall.. Those that gave their all so we as Americans can be free and we all should never forget that.
Now back to the Indy Hero Jacket.. They will be sent to all that wish to receive them in the next ten days.
I've got some thoughts about this SA thing lately...and I'm trying to figure a tactful way to present them...but I don't know how tactful it's going to come out. But, regardless, know this-when you're buying Wings...you are buying a REAL Indy jacket. About the only other jacket that I have ANY personal experience with, that I would also put up against a Wings jacket, is Gibson and Barnes' Expedition.

Just a few thoughts, guys...don't mean to offend anyone who is completely into the analyzing of screen accuracy when it comes to the jackets-I was there myself, once upon a time. But guys-let me leave you with this thought....if your Indy jacket is sitting around in your closet, or (heaven forbid) on a mannequin somewhere in your study (yes, I had one that I had JUST for my mannequin once, too)....are you living a life worthy of the man who wore that jacket?

I believe we've heard it enough in the last couple of months..."It's just a fu$%in' jacket!!!!" What's important are the adventures you have in life. Get out there with that jacket and get it some REAL distressing! Get in a bar fight in it and get thrown against a brick wall (did that once); get thrown off a horse wearing it (yep, did that, too), heck..just go walking through the woods in it, let the tree branches rub against the leather, scratch it up some...then Pecard the dang thing and get back out there for more!!!

Live your lives, gentlemen!!! We only get to do this thing once....but, if we do it right, once should be enough!!!!

Highest Regards!
Indydawg
Indydawg- I could not have agreed more. I for one have never been so much into screen SA. I will take quality over SA any day. It's about the journey. That is why Indiana Jones has always appealed to me. The adventure. Get out there and live the Hemingway life! Do it for real.

Regards,
Sean
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

IndianaSean wrote:Get out there and live the Hemingway life! Do it for real.

Regards,
Sean
...well, I'm all for living the adventure and share your view on SA but hopefully your not talking about the last bit of the Hemmingway life :-k :shock:

;)

-TS
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

:-s Ya that would tend to be a bit messy
IndianaSean
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndianaSean »

Tennessee Smith wrote:
IndianaSean wrote:Get out there and live the Hemingway life! Do it for real.

Regards,
Sean
...well, I'm all for living the adventure and share your view on SA but hopefully your not talking about the last bit of the Hemmingway life :-k :shock:

;)

-TS
Lol...fair enough!! I wouldn't want that either. :D :o

Sean
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

John Vaughan wrote::-s Ya that would tend to be a bit messy

Yeah, at least take off the fedora before.....

interesting side note, I read that he bought the shotgun from Abercrombie and Fitch....back when they were a sports retailer
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

backstagejack wrote:

interesting side note, I read that he bought the shotgun from Abercrombie and Fitch....back when they were a sports retailer
Must be why whenever I go by an Abercrombie and Fitch, and see their type of clientele walking out, I kinda want to do the same thing. :TOH:

Travis
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Hollowpond wrote:
backstagejack wrote:

Must be why whenever I go by an Abercrombie and Fitch, and see their type of clientele walking out, I kinda want to do the same thing. :TOH:

Travis
I'd rather see them shopping at A&F than Hot Topic anyday!!!!
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Can we get back on track please?
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

JC1972 wrote:Can we get back on track please?
Sorry.

...still waiting.....

is that better?
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

Just got this from the man himself " 150 Indy Style Hero Cow jackets have been made and set aside for Shipment this Fri. or before!! "

Thanks Sarge, :TOH:
John
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

maboot38 wrote:
JC1972 wrote:Can we get back on track please?
Sorry.

...still waiting.....

is that better?
Yeah, sorry me too. Just that each time I saw there was a new post I thought it was about the jacket.
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

I can't wait to see eveyones jackets! \:D/
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

John Vaughan wrote:Just got this from the man himself " 150 Indy Style Hero Cow jackets have been made and set aside for Shipment this Fri. or before!! "

Thanks Sarge, :TOH:
John
Thanks for the update John!

I really can't wait for the call!!!
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

when they come in I would reaaallly love to see some pics.
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

I'm not even getting one and I am excited. only thing that wasn't clear to me was the lining, and if it's the same lining as the higher priced lines.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

sorry if this was asked already. But the leather for this jacket is Cow.... but described to be supple like Lamb. Is it also a lighter cow in weight? Im debating on what to get right now still, and this is a beauty for sure.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

It is lighter in weight than any of their standard cowhides, that's a fact.

Regards! Michaelson
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

:-s Why do I feel like a child on the night before Christmas?
Can hardly wait :TOH:

John
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Michaelson wrote:It is lighter in weight than any of their standard cowhides, that's a fact.

Regards! Michaelson
Hey M, can you confirm with Sarge that the collar we went over with the prototype is the same as what's on this batch? I only ask this because it's been asked before and no definitive answer has been given.

I'd appreciate it :TOH:

-TS
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I'll ping him and see what he says.

Regards! Michaelson
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

His reply:
Hello M,

The Lining is the same as we use on our Current Issue A-2 and the leather is type A and the Collar is the same collar and weight as the Indy Hero you received!

Now back to the Indy Hero Cow.. Yes I made this Jacket for the COW members in mind.. We have 150 hand made( NOT MADE ON THE LINE) and when I can call all The Fans first I will ship all of them at the same time ! Tomorrow I will be out of town and Fri. I will ask Myke to start calling and e-mail COW Members first.. I will not send any jackets out to any other customers first .

The Lightweight New Zealand Indy will go out the first week of July.
Regards! Michaelson
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Alright, I did it. I was debating between a wonderful replica of a roman gladius or this jacket. Then I saw that its just the "introductory" price and might be more expensive in the future so, I did it. Ordered my jacket. My first new Indy jacket in 10 years.

Now, I'm waiting with the rest of you. LOL! :TOH: