Raiders behind the scenes

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

HWaltonJonesJr.Phd
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Raiders behind the scenes

Post by HWaltonJonesJr.Phd »

I haven't seen this footage until now...and what Raiders jacket is HF wearing at 3:41...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdgchLvOqIA
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Re: Raiders behind the scenes

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

If I understand correctly, and anyone please correct me on this if I am wrong (which I am definite someone here will ;) ), that jacket is Harrison Ford's "Last Crusade" jacket, which apparently he kept after filming was finished.

Harrison wore the jacket when he and the leading ladies from "ROTLA" Karen Allen, "TOD" Kate Capshaw and "LC" Alison Doody reunited for an event which I am not sure of. The reunion was many years before "KOTCS".
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Well, It certainly doesn't look like the Raiders jacket...I'd say either TOD OR Last Crusade...
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

According to _ it was his LC jacket. Wish I could find the thread in which he said that, but can't seem to find it (maybe it was in one that was deleted?).

Regards, Geert
HWaltonJonesJr.Phd
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by HWaltonJonesJr.Phd »

When I saw the big side vents I ruled out a ToD and thought it was some old Raiders....

I forgot about his LC jacket because this one looks drapier and darker to me. and I know nothing about the LC

thanks,

H
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Yes, it was his LC jacket

Kyle
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Han Jones you can help build this bridge.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

I know Riley was in Hawaii, maybe he's not back yet.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Apart from a CS jacket I consider myself "done" jacket wise. Unless the copy of Ford's personal LC would become a reality that is. Here's hoping that everything gets sorted out and that it will [-o<

Regards, Geert
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I've talked to Riley very briefly about getting a ToD in the Happy Cow. I know that getting paid orders completed was the major concern for him and he's been working crazyily busy for long hours to make that happen.

But back to the actual topic of the thread, thanks for posting this video. It had a couple of snippets I hadn't seen before!
theman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by theman »

I know it takes me a few days to get back to emails, sometimes a week plus depending on what's going on...life gets crazy busy, that is for sure. Much worse when a crisis occurs and adds to it. I would imagine Riley is still working out logistics and contacts of the business and Tony's mind in the way it worked in that business, I am amazed he can even take new orders this soon.
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

Alao keep in mind that Tony rarely even looked at anything here, Bryan typed most of his stuff. I can't figure out why people think Riley has to go through mods to get his word out. People seem to be happy with his jackets without him getting stunk into the COW vortex. Mabye Riley just wants to make jackets for people who simply call and order an not get involved in the debates that rage here. Tony just worked the jackets, he always just wanted me to spread the word.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Go through the mods to get the word out? Stuck in the "COW vortex?" :? We have never said that vendors are required to make their announcements through the staff, but one thing is beyond certain, Tony had the courtesy, appreciation, respect, and desire to have a relationship with the administration of this site, regardless of "business" or the political jacket wars that erupted by his mere making of Indy jackets. All we ever did was extend an open hand to Riley from the beginning, but it seems as if he is the one turning his back to us. If there's any "vortex," it's from the membership, not from the staff who offer such vendors direct access to a target buying audience in the first place.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Like I posted above and tried to make clear, even though I didn't speak with Riley concerning this place (it didn't come up), I know his whole impetus was to try and check with Tony's customers who had already paid for orders and fulfill those orders if they still wanted their jackets. I applaud him for that commitment to the paying customer. :clap:

While no one can ever replace Tony in my eyes, I felt right at home talking to Riley, however briefly, and can say I don't see customer service slipping one iota.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

I don't know any circumstances but if he's still in Hawaii and was working long days/hours to fulfill old orders while taking on Tony's business, shouldn't he be given the benefit of the doubt?
Nowakpadawan
Vendor

Post by Nowakpadawan »

Hey guys!!! Sorry for the long lead time, I FINALLY found some time to make it to COW. Thank you for your patience, I've been trying really hard to get here, but been swamped at the factory, up to this point I've only been able to return calls regarding past orders, I have finally found time to talk new stuff. I know some of you are still waiting for your paid orders, thank you for the continued patience. NEW ORDERS, thank you for trusting me to carry out your jacket dreams. Look forward to hearing from everyone.
Best regards,
Riley
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Well, welcome aboard Riley! If we seem a little nuts to you, we are, or at least I am ;)

Regards, Geert
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Welcome, Riley. We are VERY pleased to see you finally make it to the forum. :TOH:

If you have ANY questions, or require ANY help what so ever regarding issues here at the site, please do not hesitate to contact any moderator or administrator with your problem. We will help anyway we can.

Inspite what you may have heard or read from individuals about this site, 'we' have absolutely NO designs on you OR your business. We never have, and never will. We only want you and your business to be a success.

Once again, welcome, and the BEST of luck in your endeavor.

HIGH regards! Michaelson :M:
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Welcome Riley, I hope you don't find us all crazy around her on COW. Thanks for at least making contact with COW on your own time. Thanks for making available new orders and I hope to order a jacket from you in the near future. Keep up the good work.

IndianaChris
Treadwell
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Treadwell »

ProfessorHenryWJonesJr wrote:Harrison wore the jacket when he and the leading ladies from "ROTLA" Karen Allen, "TOD" Kate Capshaw and "LC" Alison Doody reunited for an event which I am not sure of.
It was a promotional event for the trilogy coming out on DVD, held October 14, 2003.
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

Thank you, COW member "Treadwell." The information verifying concerning the event is much appreciated. :TOH:

To COW member "Nowakpadawan", Welcome to "Club Obi Wan", Mr. Barrie. :TOH: :tup:
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

:x

I'm trying to answer this with as much restraint as I can…
Han Jones wrote:Alao keep in mind that Tony rarely even looked at anything here, Bryan typed most of his stuff. I can't figure out why people think Riley has to go through mods to get his word out. People seem to be happy with his jackets without him getting stunk into the COW vortex. Mabye Riley just wants to make jackets for people who simply call and order an not get involved in the debates that rage here. Tony just worked the jackets, he always just wanted me to spread the word.
…and I think this is where people need to stop speaking for the departed.

I know for FACT that Bryan didn't do all of Tony's postings here, especially in the beginning during the flare up with Peter. I PERSONALLY helped Tony with things he wanted to express and had conversations with him on what I had to edit out and what would best suit his needs/image when not getting into a pissing match with another vendor and what would be best expressed in our family-friendly environment here.

I fear that other motives or misinterpretations have made their way back to Riley when our intent was never anything but sincere, and I am personally disappointed in that.

I'm done with it. So lets cut the carp and get this thread back on the rails.

To Riley: the staff here really does wish you the best.

Mike
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Every single post made under 'Tony Nowak' was done by Bryan under Tony's direction.

I also posted items fro Tony at his request from his emails, just as you did Mike a couple of times in the initial incident with Peter, stamped leather etc.
(and I was accused by some of trying to cause trouble by doing it too, but it was always at Tony's request)
That was before Bryan convinced Tony he should participate under his screen name, and Bryan helped him do that.

That's the way it was. Now Riley has the reins and I'm sure will post more here himself when he has the time.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

I am currently on the phone with Mike (who is offline) and am posting this on his behalf:
I never denied Tony had people writing on his behalf
I know for FACT that Bryan didn't do all of Tony's postings here
I never said Tony didn't use proxies to make some/most of his posts. All of this chest thumping and "I knew Tony better than you" ends now. All it's doing is degrading the man's memory. As I said...again... I'm done with it. It ends NOW.
End transmission