Some big US Wings Indy jacket news

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Some big US Wings Indy jacket news

Post by knibs7 »

Any chance the USW jacket will EVER get SA pockets?

Kyle
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

Forrest For the Trees wrote:I've seen this chart before, and I really think a Small would fit me better. 24 inches across the chest for a Medium seems really excessive. That would equate to a size 44 (44 chest plus 4 inches of room), yet their sizing guide suggests a Medium for size 38 through 40 :-k . Thoughts?
Exactly
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Well, I don't understand the new chart at all. I understand it's intent, but it does not make sense with what I have learned about measuring a jacket. Although, I appreciate the Sarge's efforts, as well that of members who have been working with him on this.

SOLUTION: Stop trying to interpret charts and measurements. Phone your order in and explain your sizing needs. If it ends up too big or too small, the error is US Wings' not yours, and you exchange it. Wings just makes too good of a jacket to get tripped up by something like this.

And as far as length goes, you are not going to see Raiders-like lengths on these jackets. Period. Harrison Ford is all legs, which means a short torso. A pattern designed to fit the most customers well is not going be based on those proportions. A short jacket might be SA, but it looks... well... too small on most men over 5'9" tall.
When you call in your order, ask them to pick out a jacket that runs on the short side of the tolerance range. A 5 second measurement is all it will require.

crismans, we wear the same size, and all of my Wings jackets are XXL. However, the fit is bigger with each newer jacket. No exaggeration. I plan to discuss this with them when/if I order again, just be safe.
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:
SOLUTION: Stop trying to interpret charts and measurements. Phone your order in and explain your sizing needs. If it ends up too big or too small, the error is US Wings' not yours, and you exchange it. Wings just makes too good of a jacket to get tripped up by something like this.

And as far as length goes, you are not going to see Raiders-like lengths on these jackets. Period. Harrison Ford is all legs, which means a short torso. A pattern designed to fit the most customers well is not going be based on those proportions. A short jacket might be SA, but it looks... well... too small on most men over 5'9" tall.
When you call in your order, ask them to pick out a jacket that runs on the short side of the tolerance range. A 5 second measurement is all it will require.
:clap:

Travis
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Couldn't have said it better myself, Chewie!
:TOH:
Indydawg
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

I'm wouldn't want to look like the screen hero, I just wouldn't want to look like a kid wearing his dad's over-sized coat.

This comes to mind as what one would want to avoid.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Mountaineer wrote:When I asked my question in the other thread about where the back length measurement started, I wanted to follow it up with a thanks to you two, Indydawg and Michaelson, for answering that question. Unfortunately it had been locked as I had typed away on my cell.

Anyway, thanks.

I agree that this measurement probably goes from the top of the collar to the hem of the jacket. If so, that makes this jacket a very strong possibility.

For that, my wife curses it...
Sorry I fell off radar, but until my home PC is 'fixed', I only have access to the internet during the day.

I measured the back of my Wings 'large' VIP last night, and based on info I received before I left work yesterday from Wings, they are measuring from the bottom of the collar stand to the bottom of the jacket to get the 27 inch lengh. I compared that to a standard Wings offering (my VIP measurement), and I came up with exact 27 inches as well, so the length of these new jackets are exactly the same as the current Wings jacket line.

Hope that helps.

Regards! Michaelson
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Thanks for the clarification and confirmation on that, Michaelson.

The back length of the Wings jacket does NOT include the collar stand and collar....
:TOH:
Indydawg
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

Thanks for clarifying Michaelson.

This sums up that bit of news for me.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Well, not sure why that would deter you. In comparison, it's the same length as my TN and G&B size 44L. It's just longer than my G&B 42R custom I measured yesterday, and like I said, it's a custom. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

It's a bummer because on me, a 27-inch length would fit almost like a sportcoat, not an Indy-ish coat.

A similar thing happened when I tried on this style coat at Cabela's about 7 years ago. Just too long to look "right".
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:
crismans, we wear the same size, and all of my Wings jackets are XXL. However, the fit is bigger with each newer jacket. No exaggeration. I plan to discuss this with them when/if I order again, just be safe.
That is interesting. I had a CE and own a peacoat and Black Label A2 and they have fit fine. I would definitely discuss it with them.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Mountaineer wrote:It's a bummer because on me, a 27-inch length would fit almost like a sportcoat, not an Indy-ish coat.

A similar thing happened when I tried on this style coat at Cabela's about 7 years ago. Just too long to look "right".
Understood. :M: :tup: Sounds to me like your best bet will be a custom jacket from one of the other custom producers like Todd's, Magnoli, G&B, or Wested. I don't think an OTR jacket is going to suit your purposes.

Regards! Michaelson
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

That's the hard part to wrap my head around, because the two Todd's standards (small and medium "b") do fit fine.

Hence my confusion. I better just hush up on the whole thing and let this go on without dragging it off topic.

Thanks for the input anyway.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Todd's jackets are based on Raider specs, which is a shorter jacket, where Wings are closer to LC/TofD/CS specifications. If you're looking for a Raiders jacket, then you're right, this will be too long. It all depends on which version you're wanting.

Regards! Michaelson
Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Post by Band Director Jones »

I emailed USW last night the following:

"I am interested in ordering the Antique Cowhide Indy-style Adventurer Jacket, but I am curious as to which size to order.  I wear a 42R suit/sports coat, my weight averages between 165 and 170, my shirt size is 16.5 in the neck and 33-34 sleeve.  Can you please tell me which size I need to order?"

Less than an hour later, I got the following response:

Hello,
I would order a size Med.
Regards,
Sgt. Hack"

Now, that is not exactly what the size chart on the website states, but it is also not out of the ordanary either. I have ordered several jackets/coats online before (not USW) where the size chart didn't jive with reality. My advice is to call or email your physical specs and let them see what is best. After all, they deal with jacket sizing every day.
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

Mountaineer wrote:That's the hard part to wrap my head around, because the two Todd's standards (small and medium "b") do fit fine.

Hence my confusion. I better just hush up on the whole thing and let this go on without dragging it off topic.

Thanks for the input anyway.
That's my conclusion, too (to hush up). It's just not Indy jacket specs (for many builds imho), you can get a better one in that regard from any standard off the rack from Magnoli to Todds. This is more of the same old same old from Wings, not impressed. :- :cry: Ok, still trying to convince myself to hush up completely, but I'm sure someone can offer some words of encouragement. ;)
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

bigrex wrote: but I'm sure someone can offer some words of encouragement. ;)
Yeah...Hush up!!! JUST KIDDING. :CR: I find that Red Camel jeans don't fit me very well. I don't like their cut and they are uncomfortable. While the jeans I get from Levi's and Old Navy are very comfortable. Now, I would assume that Red Camel sells quite a bit of jeans because they are still in business. Meaning that they must fit someone well...Just not me. What can I do about this? :-k That's right, I buy Levi's and Old Navy jeans. I don't think that the cut of these jackets are for everyone, but there are a plethora of other vendors out there who will be more than willing to sell you a jacket that is perfectly cut for you. I am 6 feet tall and a fairly lean 190 lbs (broad in the shoulders and chest) and the raiders jackets I have tried on have fit miserably on me. I just don't think they are the right cut for me. This will be my first wings jacket and I might eat my words, but I believe that this jacket will be right for me. Not for everybody, but right for me.
I really look at it like this...What a GREAT time to be a Gearhead!!!!! There are soooo many options out there for virtually every piece of gear that there is bound to be one suited to everyone at this place. Whether your goal be diehard SA, or adapting Indy's gear to your particular needs (the camp I happen to fall in). We are all covered!!! Isn't that great?!?! Now lets all join hands as we sing Kum By Ya! :- :TOH:

Travis
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Forrest For the Trees wrote:I've seen this chart before, and I really think a Small would fit me better. 24 inches across the chest for a Medium seems really excessive. That would equate to a size 44 (44 chest plus 4 inches of room), yet their sizing guide suggests a Medium for size 38 through 40 :-k . Thoughts?
The main two measurements that I consider are the pit measurement and the back length. Sleeves also, when it is possible. I'm normally a 44, so according to the chart, a Medium is 24" across the pit, or 48" total. Back length on this jacket is for the most part, standardized at around 27". If it doesn't fit, you can always exchange it, but never know until you try. ;)

'M' is right. This will be a good representation of the LC jacket, the longer back length, visible snaps on the storm flap, etc. as compared to the Raiders jacket style. My main interest is the leather. I'm guessing it is quite the vintage material.

Think of it as the modern day offering of the early 90's "Indiana Jones" jacket, only better quality leather and much cheaper, if you consider the time value of money. Didn't those jacket retail for around $300 back then? Still made to tough specs.

All kidding aside, thanks for the chart, guys! :tup: Atta' way ta' post 'em up!
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

Hollowpond wrote:
bigrex wrote: but I'm sure someone can offer some words of encouragement. ;)
Yeah...Hush up!!! JUST KIDDING. :CR: I find that Red Camel jeans don't fit me very well. I don't like their cut and they are uncomfortable. While the jeans I get from Levi's and Old Navy are very comfortable. Now, I would assume that Red Camel sells quite a bit of jeans because they are still in business. Meaning that they must fit someone well...Just not me. What can I do about this? :-k That's right, I buy Levi's and Old Navy jeans. I don't think that the cut of these jackets are for everyone, but there are a plethora of other vendors out there who will be more than willing to sell you a jacket that is perfectly cut for you. I am 6 feet tall and a fairly lean 190 lbs (broad in the shoulders and chest) and the raiders jackets I have tried on have fit miserably on me. I just don't think they are the right cut for me. This will be my first wings jacket and I might eat my words, but I believe that this jacket will be right for me. Not for everybody, but right for me.
I really look at it like this...What a GREAT time to be a Gearhead!!!!! There are soooo many options out there for virtually every piece of gear that there is bound to be one suited to everyone at this place. Whether your goal be diehard SA, or adapting Indy's gear to your particular needs (the camp I happen to fall in). We are all covered!!! Isn't that great?!?! Now lets all join hands as we sing Kum By Ya! :- :TOH:

Travis
Good analogy and well said Travis, I always end up buying loose cut and boot cut jeans because anything tighter (even just relaxed fit) makes my legs look skinny, because they are. So, of course Wings will fit some people, just not others so well. Ok, :#:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

:tup: :TOH:

Travis
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

It's all about an item's place in the market, bigrex. Wings jackets are more of a mass-market concern, with a design to match. Guys like Todd and Magnoli are a bit more specialized in what they do, and have their own place in the Indy Jacket market. I guess I'm just saying that Wings isn't doing a poor job (which you comments somewhat imply), but are simply not suited to your tastes and needs, along with many others. But for every person who finds Todd's jacket a slice of heaven, there's a guy like me who can't squeeze into one comfortably, and finds solace at US Wings! [-o<

Also, quick point of order: There is no such thing as an off-the-rack Magnoli. [-(
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:It's all about an item's place in the market, bigrex. Wings jackets are more of a mass-market concern, with a design to match. Guys like Todd and Magnoli are a bit more specialized in what they do, and have their own place in the Indy Jacket market. I guess I'm just saying that Wings isn't doing a poor job (which you comments somewhat imply), but are simply not suited to your tastes and needs, along with many others. But for every person who finds Todd's jacket a slice of heaven, there's a guy like me who can't squeeze into one comfortably, and finds solace at US Wings! [-o<

Also, quick point of order: There is no such thing as an off-the-rack Magnoli. [-(

Very well said. As has been said many times before, we are truly in a golden age as gearheads (sadly a little less of one now, but I digress). Everyone has different needs/tastes and we have a good selection of vendors to find a product to mesh with that.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

So I went through all three threads; did I miss the answer to what kind of lamb will be used? I'm not interested in a smooth fashion lamb, but I would be all over an 80's style course lamb with striations.

The naked cowhide is tempting, though.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

So I went through all three threads; did I miss the answer to what kind of lamb will be used? I'm not interested in a smooth fashion lamb, but I would be all over an 80's style course lamb with striations.
Being as I can't stop bugging the poor man :lol: , I've sent an email asking Sgt. Hack about the striated lamb. While the new lamb he's described to me sounds fantastic, I'm with you that I would absolutely LOVE to get one made in the striated lamb like the old Coopers and Wings came in.

It will mean buying two more jackets instead of one but would definitely be worth it. :H: :lol:
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:It's all about an item's place in the market, bigrex. Wings jackets are more of a mass-market concern, with a design to match. Guys like Todd and Magnoli are a bit more specialized in what they do, and have their own place in the Indy Jacket market. I guess I'm just saying that Wings isn't doing a poor job (which you comments somewhat imply), but are simply not suited to your tastes and needs, along with many others. But for every person who finds Todd's jacket a slice of heaven, there's a guy like me who can't squeeze into one comfortably, and finds solace at US Wings! [-o<

I realize all of the above, I'm just implying it's more of the same old same old (as I said) which for them is, yes, mass marketing. We all know Wings have their place, some of Todd's products and Wested's are also too tight fitting for me as well. :TOH:
Sorry, I heard my name, thus more blathering from me.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Tibor wrote:So I went through all three threads; did I miss the answer to what kind of lamb will be used? I'm not interested in a smooth fashion lamb, but I would be all over an 80's style course lamb with striations.

The upcoming lambskin will be striated. Stay tuned.

Still holding out for horsehide. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

Maybe there is room for 2 more in the closet :-k
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

As nice as that new naked cowhide jacket is, I'm going to have to pass on it for the striated lamb. I need a good looking Raiders leather in my closet. I already have cowhide from them, and yes I know its different type of cowhide, but that lamb looks really appealing. I hope I can make space in my closet for one.

Dave
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

I am on the fence about this jacket, I agree with Bink earlier when he said the pockets on this $199 COW jacket look square. I would rather have the pockets like on the CE jacket and pay more for that one than get this $199 jacket only for COW members only. The leather looks great and I am sure USW nailed the quality of this jacket, but like knibs said will they ever get SA pockets on these. I will hold out for the raiders one myself, but I was thinking about pre-ordering one of these. Probably not going to get the COW LC style jacket here, but it is sure tempting, would probably get it if they had the right pockets.

IndianaChris
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Probably the best thing to do is wait until folks get their jackets in hand to see what shape the pockets really are. How many times have we seen photos of pockets from the same jacket photographed from different angles and they all look different? :-k

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

IndianaChris711 wrote:I am on the fence about this jacket, I agree with Bink earlier when he said the pockets on this $199 COW jacket look square.
No, I said quite the opposite. The pockets on the CE look more square than what the picture portrays of the new jacket. I prefer the squarer pockets.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

binkmeisterRick wrote:
IndianaChris711 wrote:I am on the fence about this jacket, I agree with Bink earlier when he said the pockets on this $199 COW jacket look square.
No, I said quite the opposite. The pockets on the CE look more square than what the picture portrays of the new jacket. I prefer the squarer pockets.
I was not sure what you were meaning by square, I thought you meant the overall pocket shape. Looks like I had it backwards. #-o The internet a world of misinterpretation. :[
Last edited by IndianaChris711 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Just clearing it up, that's all. I do like the looks of this new jacket, but my personal preference is to have the bottom of the pockets less rounded on the corners. My problem is thinking whether I need another Indy jacket or not. :-k
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Michaelson wrote:Probably the best thing to do is wait until folks get their jackets in hand to see what shape the pockets really are. How many times have we seen photos of pockets from the same jacket photographed from different angles and they all look different? :-k

Regards! Michaelson
That is true, probably by the time they release the Raider lamb, people will already have these jackets. I think I am in the waiting group. Still USW makes great jackets, I have seen some really nice ones in the jacket section IMO.

IndianaChris
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

binkmeisterRick wrote:Just clearing it up, that's all. I do like the looks of this new jacket, but my personal preference is to have the bottom of the pockets less rounded on the corners. My problem is thinking whether I need another Indy jacket or not. :-k
I see what you mean now after looking the jackets on the site. I love the look as well, just not sure about the pockets and well not really sure what to do as far as an LC jacket is concerned. This is a good option, just unsure. :-k Thanks for the clarification.

IndianaChris
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Michaelson wrote:
Tibor wrote:So I went through all three threads; did I miss the answer to what kind of lamb will be used? I'm not interested in a smooth fashion lamb, but I would be all over an 80's style course lamb with striations.

The upcoming lambskin will be striated. Stay tuned.

Regards! Michaelson
This is what I've heard as well. Sgt. Hack says he is making the jacket in the striated lamb. Here it is again to refresh your memories on an old US Wings jacket. Again, the picture here is appears small but you can download it and blow it up to see the texture of the lamb.

Image.

Sgt. Hack said that he will be making 100 of these in his Hong Kong factory for $295. They will be in Neil Cooper's old pattern that he used 25 years ago (meaning the side straps go into the side entry pockets like on the Blue Label). So you are getting a leather that is very close to at least one screen used jacket used in Raiders (think Flying Wing scenes) in a pattern from Neil Cooper that made one of the Raiders jackets. Pretty cool stuff here!
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

crismans wrote: Sgt. Hack said that he will be making 100 of these in his Hong Kong factory for $295. They will be in Neil Cooper's old pattern that he used 25 years ago (meaning the side straps go into the side entry pockets like on the Blue Label). So you are getting a leather that is very close to at least one screen used jacket used in Raiders (think Flying Wing scenes) in a pattern from Neil Cooper that made one of the Raiders jackets. Pretty cool stuff here!
$295? He told me $195 just a few days ago.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

You sure he wasn't talking about the naked cowhide? The $295 price is what I've heard on the striated lambskin too.
:-k
Regards ! Michaelson
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Well, that makes up my mind.. sort of. Haven't decided if I'm going to get another jacket yet, but if I do it will be the naked cowhide. I'm not a fan of the striated look. However, I have very happy for all the fans of the striations who will finally have an option! :clap:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

I think USW makes a good LC/CS likeness.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

From the size chart, does "Chest (in half)" equal what we often call "pit to pit"? In other words, does a medium that measures 24", make it 48" inches total?
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

JC1972 wrote:
crismans wrote: Sgt. Hack said that he will be making 100 of these in his Hong Kong factory for $295. They will be in Neil Cooper's old pattern that he used 25 years ago (meaning the side straps go into the side entry pockets like on the Blue Label). So you are getting a leather that is very close to at least one screen used jacket used in Raiders (think Flying Wing scenes) in a pattern from Neil Cooper that made one of the Raiders jackets. Pretty cool stuff here!
$295? He told me $195 just a few days ago.
It was my understanding (and I've checked with a few people and they think that I'm on the right track) that we are talking about two different jackets here. There will be a "light" lambskin jacket (a true lambskin jacket as opposed to sheepskin) that will debut at $195, same as the antique cowhide has. This lambskin is the one that Sgt. Hack said was incredibly soft. He said you wouldn't want to take it to the woods but if you went out on the town, you'd have the nicest jacket around. The normal weight of a US Wings jacket is around 5 pounds. This new lambskin will weight around 2 pounds.

In addition to this jacket, there will be a limited run of 100 jackets available in the striated lamb (like the picture I've posted a couple of times). This jacket will feature a lambskin similar to that of at least one Raiders jacket (again, look at the jacket during the Flying Wing scenes and others) and will be made in Neil Cooper's old pattern (straps going next to the handwarmers ala the Blue Label jacket). This jacket will sell for $295.

So, if you're like me and like a grain to your jackets (I'm salivating over the striated lamb) or like a "buttery-soft" jacket that will look great on the town, you are covered!
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

:TOH: \:D/

This is the email I received from Sgt Hack early this morning.

"I will be making two new Lambskin Indy Jackets.. One will be the same leather as our A-2 and G-1 Lightweight and yes the 1st will have a button on the top and bottom of the storm flap! The 2nd will be the same style and leather I made 25 years ago from Neil Coopers Pattern.. This Jacket was and will be made from my other Factory in Hong Kong.. Same Factory.. same people! Now for the time line.. the lightweight 60 days ETA lambskin Striations.. 90 days. The Cowhide we just put up on our main page 45 days.

Regards,

Sgt. Hack"
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

ProfessorHenryWJonesJr wrote::TOH: \:D/

This is the email I received from Sgt Hack early this morning.

"I will be making two new Lambskin Indy Jackets.. One will be the same leather as our A-2 and G-1 Lightweight and yes the 1st will have a button on the top and bottom of the storm flap! The 2nd will be the same style and leather I made 25 years ago from Neil Coopers Pattern.. This Jacket was and will be made from my other Factory in Hong Kong.. Same Factory.. same people! Now for the time line.. the lightweight 60 days ETA lambskin Striations.. 90 days. The Cowhide we just put up on our main page 45 days.

Regards,

Sgt. Hack"
Thank you, Sir! :H: That clears up a lot of the confusion I think.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

From the horses mouth... Thanks Proffesor!!! :TOH:
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

Okay I am a bit slow when it comes to jackets so please be patient with me.

I am getting interested in the striated lamb in the Neil Cooper pattern. I think most people say (and it is my opinion as well) that US Wings makes an excellent LC/CS style Indy jacket... since that is what it is based off of (correct?). So will the striated lamb be completely and 100% Raiders?
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

No problem, everyone. Always willing to share information that will benefit all us. :)

But, my "tip of the hat" :TOH: goes to "Michaelson", "Indydawg" and "Crismans" for the all information they provided to COW concerning the new US Wings offerings. :notworthy:

I await in eager anticipation for my Antique Cowhide U.S. Wings jacket along with the two lambskin jackets. =P~ \:D/
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Thanks as well to you Professor, Indydawg, crismans and Michaelson. I just got this reply from Sarge. BTW, its his birthday today. Happy Birthday Sarge! \:D/

Hello Jim,

We will be doing the lightweight Indy the same leather as our lightweight A-2 and G-1 that is on our main page.. The leather is very lightweight and soft as butter and smooth as silk.. I was wearing an A-2 tonight.. I honestly love that jacket.

I will keep the price at $195.00 as long as I can.. The other Lamb Indy will be the same as I made 25 years ago and it is the striated Lamb and as you know that leather is heavy and the price will be $295.00 now that pattern is way back when about 25 years plus ago!

Now for some better news.. today I turned 70 years old and still here.

BTW I would jump on the Cowhide I will have out in about 45 days or so..That one will be a home run and then some.

Regards,

Sgt. Hack
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

I am so sold on the lamb! A 25 year old pattern! $295 is still an incredibly good price.