GOT MY WESTED TOD TODAY ! And.....

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

JerseyJones
Vendor

GOT MY WESTED TOD TODAY ! And.....

Post by JerseyJones »

It's is AMAZING :shock: :shock:

It fits like I stood there and had Peter measure it in person and the new Goat is so soft it feels more like lambtouch. Light as air and tough. I am acting like a 10 year old in my office right now !

What strikes me is how proportioned it is to me. The collar width, the side straps, the length. I am just thrilled. The only thing I didn't have him do was a name tag (my fault). But its cotton/satin lined and just smooth and neat. I am glad I picked the TOD since I think a raiders would have been too short on my short thick frame.

Wheeee !:D

Pix on all my new Gear will follow as soon as my cousin gives me back my *)&$*@ camera !!

Peter, Gerry....you and the gang RULE !

Peace
Ken "JJ"
Last edited by JerseyJones on Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
indybill
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indybill »

Sounds just like the one I have. You're going to enjoy the goat; it's
very tough yet light and easily worn in moderately warm weather.

Can't wait to see your pics...enjoy!
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

The name tag isn't really your fault. Wested doesn't do it anymore.

But it sounds like you love the jacket, regardless, so that's the important thing.
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

Mr. Das wrote:The name tag isn't really your fault. Wested doesn't do it anymore.

But it sounds like you love the jacket, regardless, so that's the important thing.
:D :D It actually makes me look taller. ME !?!

"JJ"
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

Now I'm drooling - My LC Goat just cleared customs today - hopefully it will arrive anyday now.

Mike
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

Update - My daughter just called me - she just came home for Christmas Break and sitting on the doorstep is an Airborne package from England - what could it be :o - Arrrgh - I'm here until 5:00pm - I don't know if I can make it.

Mike
indybill
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indybill »

Indy Mo,

You sound like you may be coming down with somthing. :roll:
I think maybe you should head home right away before it
gets any worse. :wink:
TreasureHunter
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by TreasureHunter »

Congrats on your new jacket! I hope mine turns out as good as yours. Can't wait to see some of your pics.
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

BTW, which Pecards should I use on the authentic Goat ? I have lotion and the classic "Glop."

Also, I don't know what everyone else's experience is, but this goat drapes amazingly well and is butter soft. It is not stiff in the least, almost as if Wested conditioned it before they sent it. Could I have gotten lamb by mistake ? :? How would you know, if you did ?

Ken "JJ"
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think the general consensus is lotion over the "glop" as the glop tends to add weight to the jacket over time. But I've used both through the years and you can't go wrong with either.

Mike
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Pecards 'Glop'. Bet I know why they never used THAT descripter for one of their products. :shock: :D Regards. Michaelson
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Mr. Das wrote:The name tag isn't really your fault. Wested doesn't do it anymore.

To my knowledge Peter still does the nametags (my jacket I got just over a month ago has a nametage).

Ken
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Ken, I read in another post that the machine is broken at the moment.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Ah my apologies. I knew it was broken a while ago, but then I got mine done so I presumed it was fixed. Sounds a bit tempremental to me.

Ken
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

Indiana-sith wrote:
JerseyJones wrote: Also, I don't know what everyone else's experience is, but this goat drapes amazingly well and is butter soft. It is not stiff in the least, almost as if Wested conditioned it before they sent it. Could I have gotten lamb by mistake ? :? How would you know, if you did ?

Ken "JJ"
I don't know how you would know, but you can probably relax. My first wested cowhide was so soft when I received it that I wondered the same thing, but I'm 99.9999999% sure that it was cowhide. :wink:
Peter, if you read this, it is NOT a slight to Wested. I am just amazed at the supreme softness of such a notoriously tough hide ! :) :)
Wested rules !

Ken "JJ"
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

Michaelson wrote:Pecards 'Glop'. Bet I know why they never used THAT descripter for one of their products. :shock: :D Regards. Michaelson
I like Glop ! I have a quick pasta dish called, affectionatley, Glop ! :wink:
JerseyJones
Vendor

Re: jacket

Post by JerseyJones »

INDIANAMIKEY wrote:I suppose it IS possible you got lamb by mistake,,,,,,,,,I can't believe the the goat is butterysoft ,,,,,,,maybe we can help when you post pics,,,,,,,,,,lucky buck!!!!!! :-&
Ok, maybe not buttery in comparison to lamb, but in comparison to what I see passed off as quality goat or cow leather jackets in stores, it is like butter.

Better ? ;)

K
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

If you believe the goat is buttery soft, try feeling the Lambskin. Sometimes, I'd just be walking or standing still and I'll rub my fingers on the cuff of the jacket just to feel the soft leather.
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

I just opened my little surprise when I came home - Wow - This LC Goat is just amazing. The texture, color and way it drapes is just fantastic. The measurments were right on - again I went with Westeds instructions, no extra dimensions to confuse things. I cannot ask for a better fit.

As mentioned above, no name tag was inside as requested but, that is surely something I can have done on my own. The only real glitch which is so minor I hate to even mention is that the Certificate of Authenticity was not with the Jacket (I was careful not to miss it in all the packing). I just emailed Peter to see if he will send one too me.

Thanks to Wested for doing such a fine job and to all my pals at COW - the feedback, ideas & suggestions really made this a pleasant experience.

Mo
billy3ci
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by billy3ci »

no certificate for me either!!!
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Maybe the certificate only comes with the Raiders style?

Ken
billy3ci
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by billy3ci »

Indiana Ken wrote:Maybe the certificate only comes with the Raiders style?

Ken
i doubt it since peter made the jackets for all 3 films.
AntonioPastor
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by AntonioPastor »

I ordered the Raiders wested, and let me tell you I am getting nervous, I ordered on November 23, I know it gets 4 to 5 weeks to delivery and things must be busy this part of the year, but I just cant wait. [-o<
To be honest I trust a lot in Peter, and dont think the certificate should be necessary, coming from a very serious person. :notworthy:

Regards
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

antonio wrote:I ordered the Raiders wested, and let me tell you I am getting nervous, I ordered on November 23, I know it gets 4 to 5 weeks to delivery and things must be busy this part of the year, but I just cant wait. [-o<
To be honest I trust a lot in Peter, and dont think the certificate should be necessary, coming from a very serious person. :notworthy:

Regards
It will be worth the wait, believe me. I did get a Certificate for a Raiders Jacket from Temple of Doom ! Cool Bonus :)

Welcome

J.J.

P.S. Your avatar is REALLY biiiiiig ! :shock:
Shalimar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Shalimar »

Cool! :D

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my own goat.. and patience is not a virtue! :twisted:

Again Peter and Gerry of Wested's show what true customer service is alla bout. They goofed on my shipping charge.. found the error and immediately refunded the proper ammount. And sent yet another very polite email to inform me of the correction(s). Too bad other vendors don't take lessons from Wested's eh? :evil: