CostumeBase Holster and Belt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Mojo Turbo
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

CostumeBase Holster and Belt

Post by Mojo Turbo »

EDIT: I changed my post to a more rule abiding subject, sorry

I looked through the forums first and didn't see the answer to my question.

The costume base weapons belt actually said it is leather [which surprises me] but my question was about the holster - I am guessing it is NOT leather. Does anyone know?

Also in their pictures it looks like the leather is "stamped" with the costumebase name on the tongue? Is that true with what you are mailed?

So if their holster is pleather - is it any better than just getting the toy holster sold with some kits?
Last edited by Mojo Turbo on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
starks_6
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Current Gas mask bag auctions

Post by starks_6 »

You should probably read the forum rules, no links to ebay pages are to be made so you may want to remove them as I wouldn't want to see you get in trouble off the mods as I can see your pretty new.
To answer your question though, yes they are the real thing.
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: CostumeBase Holster and Belt

Post by jlee562 »

I got a costume base Han Solo belt for a Halloween outfit...and it's ok, but I suspect the better value would be Todd's. The leather is real stiff and scratches real easily.
starks_6
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by starks_6 »

If you need something for a price, TODDs is great value for the money, and isn't expensive.
You can also buy reproduction MK VII gas mask bags from him too, have a look
http://www.toddscostumes.com/parent_cat ... iana-Jones
RaiderZee
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RaiderZee »

For this gear, on a budget, DEFINATELY go with Todd's. Why take chances when you know you've got a good product for the money? ;)

RaiderZee
IndianaSean
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndianaSean »

Exactly!! And Todds isn't cheap quality. If your on a budget...Todds is the way to go. Welcome to the site. You will meet a lot of great folks with tons of knowledge and experience.

Sean :TOH:
Treadwell
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Treadwell »

Fully agreed about Todd's, but no one has actually answered Mojo Turbo's question. Does anyone indeed know what the costumebase holster is like?
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

Knowing costumebase, it is more than likely the thinnest leather possible. It wouldn't look right, and there is no way of knowing if the photo matches the actual item. In Star Wars costuming land we learn early on to avoid them. They've even recasted some armor from a friend of mine.

Go with Todd. Not only will it be great quality, decent price, and come quickly, you'll get customer service, something you wont get with costumebase.
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

Treadwell wrote:Fully agreed about Todd's, but no one has actually answered Mojo Turbo's question. Does anyone indeed know what the costumebase holster is like?
Like I said above, if it's anything like my Han Solo gun belt - and I have no reason to suspect it would be any different - than the quality is not the best. One of the rivets fell off when I pulled it out of the box.
IndianaYames
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by IndianaYames »

I have the Costume Base holster/belt in dark brown. I got it on sale for under $30 shipped about 1 year ago and It is 100% leather. I would say the quality is middle of the road. It's better than a cheap costume gunbelt, but not strong enough to hold up against real nazis. The Costume Base logo is NOT printed on the belt.

IndianaYames
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by IndianaYames »

Sorry bad link
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

IndianaYames wrote:I have the Costume Base holster/belt in dark brown. I got it on sale for under $30 shipped about 1 year ago and It is 100% leather. I would say the quality is middle of the road. It's better than a cheap costume gunbelt, but not strong enough to hold up against real nazis. The Costume Base logo is NOT printed on the belt.

Not bad for the price!

Travis
Jameth
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jameth »

I have Todd's Raiders holster, Gunbelt, Whip Holder and Web belt. Sandbag, TOD sword and Gloves. It's not only great stuff for the price, it is great stuff period.
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

The holster looks nice. I think I'll go with Todd, but it's your call. Absolutely nothing wrong with starting small, and upgrading over the years. Plus you can sell or trade your old gear here.
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

I very much like my Costume Base rig. I may upgrade one day, but it works just perfect, looks good, and carries my full weight Schofield just fine.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Indiana Joyce wrote:Knowing costumebase, it is more than likely the thinnest leather possible. It wouldn't look right, and there is no way of knowing if the photo matches the actual item. In Star Wars costuming land we learn early on to avoid them. They've even recasted some armor from a friend of mine.
Maybe for the Empire and you troopers ;) , but the Jedi stuff I had gotten was good enough and I had no complaints.
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

JC1972 wrote:
Indiana Joyce wrote:Knowing costumebase, it is more than likely the thinnest leather possible. It wouldn't look right, and there is no way of knowing if the photo matches the actual item. In Star Wars costuming land we learn early on to avoid them. They've even recasted some armor from a friend of mine.
Maybe for the Empire and you troopers ;) , but the Jedi stuff I had gotten was good enough and I had no complaints.
True enough, and come to think of it, I got my Anakin pouches from them. I guess like all things it comes down to personal preference. Im just tweaked because they don't make and Imperial Officer suit in my size:)