Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Getting another Wested!!!

Post by kwad »

Hi y'all,

After lucking out and finding a standard Raiders in authentic lamb in the clearance section that fit me perfectly, I decided to order an LC to go with it!

Well, I ordered my second jacket from Wested on 1/28/10.

Nothing too fancy,

-Novapelle antique brown
-Size 44
-Sleeves 25"
-Back 26"
-X-box stitching with sliders.
-5 gauge nickel zipper
-1.25" deep action pleats
-Gussetts
-full cotton liner

Not going for SA, just a jacket I like.

I can't wait for it to get here!

Anybody else have a jacket made out of the Novapelle antique brown that cares to share a picture?
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Getting another Wested!!!

Post by Kevin Anderson »

May I suggest you go with no gussets? Wested's LC already has good large armholes; add the gussets and they might be too big.
I had three LC's, all with gussets. The bottom of the armhole was way too far down the jacket. Without the gussets, they probably
would have looked and fit nicer.
The Novapelle is fantastic by the way. I don't have any pictures, but it shouldn't be too hard to find some here on the site.
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Oh well, I think it may be too late to ask them to not add the gussets.
I'll email Gemma and ask about it.

Thanks for the heads up. :tup:

Edit: Just sent them an email, have to wait to see what they say.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Kevin Anderson wrote:May I suggest you go with no gussets? Wested's LC already has good large armholes; add the gussets and they might be too big.
I had three LC's, all with gussets. The bottom of the armhole was way too far down the jacket. Without the gussets, they probably
would have looked and fit nicer.
The Novapelle is fantastic by the way. I don't have any pictures, but it shouldn't be too hard to find some here on the site.

I agree. I have a LC Novapelle that I ordered about a year ago and even without gussets, the armholes were still HUGE.......resulting in the infamous "flying squirl effect." Novapelle is still the best looking Wested leather however.
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

I emailed Wested and told them I want the jacket to fit closer in the armpits and to nix the gussets if need be. I'll have to wait to see what they say.

Either way, I'm sure I'll love the jacket (even my standard Raiders has a bit of "flying Squirell")
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

I had a suprise for me when I got home today, my new Jacket!!

It arrived exactly as I ordered it. (Gussets, x stitching, 1.25" deep pleats, nickel zipper).
I was a little woried about the gussets at first, but now I'm glad I got them.
The gussets (along with the narrower action pleat depth) actually bring the armpit in closer and eliminate much of the "flying squirrel" effect of my lamb Raiders. (there's still a little "squirell-age", but not much).
ex
I could not be happier about the way this jacket fits!

I was sort of going for a KOTCS look, and was pleasantly suprised to find that the shoulder seams had all been double stitched (which I did not ask for).

The collar (which is another thing I was fretting over) exceeded my expectations.
Right out of the box, it layed perfect!

Here's a few shots of me in my new jacket (the novapelle looks much darker in the pics than it actually is)....

Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

very nice! :tup: congrats!
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Wow is that is an LC. :o =P~ Beautiful jacket, looks very nice, Wested did a nice job on that LC, absolutely beautiful. Man I think I would like an LC, but still deciding between Wested or a Nowak. This jacket may have just leaned me toward a Wested, absolutely stunning.

IndianaChris
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Indianachris............I wouldn't want to tempt you but Tony is at the 'Arnold Classic' in Columbus Ohio, if that's not too far away..... ;)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Is he there now? That could explain why he's not answering emails at the moment. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Michaelson,Yes, now is my understanding..........probably into weekend.........
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Hatch wrote:Indianachris............I wouldn't want to tempt you but Tony is at the 'Arnold Classic' in Columbus Ohio, if that's not too far away..... ;)
Gosh darn, wish I saw this earlier. Too late now. Columbus is not that far only 4 hours to there, plus another 4 hours back. Maybe next year though, I forgot he goes to the Arnold Classic. Maybe next year.

IndianaChris
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Great looking jacket kwad! It looks like it fits you perfectly!
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Hatch wrote:Indianachris............I wouldn't want to tempt you but Tony is at the 'Arnold Classic' in Columbus Ohio, if that's not too far away..... ;)
Actually anyone wanting to go to the Arnold Classic, its this coming weekend in Columbus, OH Starts March 5th I believe, a friend of mine is going, I probably won't go. Anyway nice LC jacket and wear it well.

IndianaChris
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Chris, If you are looking for an LC, I think Wested's standard pattern for the LC jackets is pretty darn good (much better than their standard pattern for their Raiders jackets). However, if I could afford it, I'd get a TN in a heartbeat! ;)

Zombie, When I first got the jacket, I was a little worried as it seemed too stiff and a little tight. But, after wearing it non-stop for a few days (yeah, I slept in it a couple of times), it now feels like a jacket I've had for years. Soft and comfortable.

I've gotta say that their Novapelle is an AWESOME hide! It really captures the Indy vibe without needing to break out the sandpaper and acetone. It's even starting to drape like my lamb Raiders.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

kwad wrote:Zombie, When I first got the jacket, I was a little worried as it seemed too stiff and a little tight. But, after wearing it non-stop for a few days (yeah, I slept in it a couple of times), it now feels like a jacket I've had for years. Soft and comfortable.
It just needed a little tenderizin', that's all. ;)
kwad wrote:I've gotta say that their Novapelle is an AWESOME hide! It really captures the Indy vibe without needing to break out the sandpaper and acetone. It's even starting to drape like my lamb Raiders.
I agree with you. I got my Novapelle Raiders jacket from Wested in 2008, and it immediately became my favorite leather jacket. Mine fit exactly the way I wanted it to the first time I tried it on, and it just gets better every time I wear it.