Does the Goat Go Grey??

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

SurfinGorilla
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Does the Goat Go Grey??

Post by SurfinGorilla »

Forgive a newbie to the forum, I have read some stuff in the distressing section and some things here and I am getting some conflicting information. Does the Goatskin turn Grey when distressed? or does it turn a lighter shade of brown? I recently ordered my first Wested jacket (Crusade, Goat, Brass, D-rings, Dark Brown) and read almost every post in this section prior to ordering. (Thanks for all the valuable info, I had a long list of special requests after reading everything) I choose the Goat because I live in Florida and have an active lifestyle. It seemed the best choice due to the weight, durability, and water resistance. However, I don't know if I will be very happy if the thing starts turning Grey on me after it gets some good use. So anyone.....perferably someone that has a goatskin jacket give me the skinny does it turn grey or not....please help!

Thanks,
Jon aka Reggie the Snake
MK
Admin Emeritus

Post by MK »

We all go grey when we get older.

Peter's gost used to look grey from the start to me, but he switched the color to match what he used back in the day. I have not kept up, but I am sure that someone will give you a proper answer......not like the one I am giving you now. :wink:
SurfinGorilla
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by SurfinGorilla »

MK,
Uhmm.....Thanks I think, I figured the Lord of Distessing would be able to give me an answer a little less distressing. j/k

Thanks, for any help you can give me.

Reggie