Indy's glasses case?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Indy's glasses case?

Post by djd »

Daft question time. I recently picked up a pair of close-enough indy specs (Hugo Boss for $19.99 on ebay) and I was wondering whether we see Indy's glasses case in any of the films?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: Indy's glasses case?

Post by Michaelson »

Not that I recall.

We see him take his glasses out of his shirt pocket when he studies the head piece in Cairo, and in all the other films he's already wearing them.

Regards! Michaelson
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Here is Indy's glasses case :lol:

Kyle
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

This is the best looking case I could find so far

Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

You're probably not far off. Hard cases are mainly what they used back then. Most vintage cases I have seen are tiny, and very flat. Troll the flea markets and such come spring and summer, and keep the glasses with you. You might be luck enough to find something. But as far as seeing anything on screen, I don't think they show Indy's. Maybe, if you have a good tv, you could check in LC, when Marcus and Indy look at the Map with no names in the diary. Maybe it's in there somewhere, but I don't think so.
indyelviskenobi
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by indyelviskenobi »

I've always wondered about this.

As a lifelong glasses wearer, I can imagine a pair of frames surviving being dragged behind a truck without a hard case. :lol:
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

You can find hard shell cases on ebay. Vintage ones are easy to come by if you want to be true to the period. I got a pair of glasses that I had my Rx put in & they came with the case. It's a steel case covered with a faux leather on the outside & velvet inside. The case even had the Doctors name and the city on them. So, for the mst part you can find vintage 30's & 40's eyeglasses, even the Panto type, with the case or just the case alone fairly cheap on ebay as well. Again, my frames are 12K gold filled & I got them for $9.00.
Keep an eye open & you'll be sure to find exactly what you want for your glasses.

Cheers! :TOH:

Dan