the LC style Azuma Shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Scotty
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

the LC style Azuma Shirt

Post by Scotty »

Hey everyone -
This be my first post outside of me trying to sell a Christy's and a WPG shirt in the Cairo Bizarre. Neither sold (by the way). I'll try again someday.

I wanted to see who else has a LC Style Azuma shirt. I was really surprised that there is only like one mention of this shirt on here. It's a great shirt. So, let's get the ball rolling shall we? Unfortunately I don't (at this moment) have a way to post a picture of my shirts, but I know somebody has to.

I personally own the following shirts:
Todd's
WPG
Noel Howards
Magnolli
Azuma LC
Adventurebilt

I just ordered my second Azuma LC. The material of the Azuma is closest to the NH shirt. That's right kids. I don't know exactly how "SA" it is, but it has the indy look for sure. I know that when I corresponded with Azuma he said that he would be changing the buttons on the next run. So it seemed his only reservation was the buttons. I think it looks great. I didn't have to alter the shirt by way of the tailor at all. Outside of the NH (fit already perfect) and the Magnolli (which was made to my measurements), this is the only shirt which didn't need alterations.

Most of the shirts being manufactured seem to want to stuff as many people into the shirt as they can (which is good business). However, the cut of the shirt sometimes suffers.

Let me quickly rank these shirts in my opinion form best to (least best).

1. Noel Howard raiders (feels right. has the right cut, color, and clarity. holy grail of shirts)
2. Azuma LC (Closest to the Noel Howard shirt. However I have never owned an LC NH shirt. Affordable too.)
3. Adventurebilt (a bit pricey. Needed alterations to fit my slim/lean build. Not completely crazy about the material. Feeles a little papery, but looks great.)
4. Todd's (a little bit less stiff than the Adventurebilt. Costume shirt. needed alterations, but a great shirt with even jeans un-tucked. Did I mention it is a little short tucking in.)
5. Magnolli (pricey. more of a dress shirt in my opinion. Great shirt though. Make sure you order it correctly. Good guy too. Tony that is.)
6. WPG (yikes. this thing could fit over a winnebago. enormous shirts. Did I mention these shirts are big.)

O.K. well I hope to see some of the big hitters on this thread and some of you not so well known guys too. let's see photo comparisons if you got em and so forth.

Your friend,

Scotty
Scotty
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: the LC style Azuma Shirt

Post by Scotty »

What a jack#$$ I am. Just saw that the thread is in full effect.
Now I know why I never chime in.

What a help I am....
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

I have the Azuma LC Shirt as well and completely agree! It comes VERY close to my NH shirt! I have owned 4 different Indy shirts in my time, and I have since sold off all but my Noel Howard shirt and my Azuma shirt, as I like those the best. Here are the shirts I have owned:

Noel Howard Raiders Shirt
Adventurebilt
Todds
Azuma LC

I plan on ordering at least one more Azuma shirt in the future, as I prefer to wear that one over my NH (I don't want anything bad to happen to that shirt!).
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

Scotty, is there any chance you could take some pictures of all your shirts next to each other?
Scotty
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Scotty »

I'm gonna see if I can't make that happen. It will be fun anyway to see how I #### that up.

Scotty
Indiana Jake
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Seated in a Pan Am Sea Plane, flying over a map of Glendale, CA

Post by Indiana Jake »

Check out this photo. I think these shirts are great!

Here are some recent pics of two Azuma shirts being worn at the recent QM in Long Beach, CA

Yes, I am wearing the 7/8 bag strap I've been fussing over.

It's over here.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=42262&start=100

Indiana Jake
azuma
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by azuma »

Hi Scotty,

Thank you for posting this. I want to thank for those who appreciate my shirt. Once again I want to say that we really spent a lot of time before we make it possible.

Medium and Large shirts are all sold out for now. Only a few Small sized shirts in stock, . We will try to restock them once our tailors are available for this.

Best regards,
Azuma