new guy here...

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

billy3ci
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

new guy here...

Post by billy3ci »

i started out simply looking for a brown leather jacket...

i ended up looking at A-2 flight jackets (i was a student pilot before i was basically grounded due to a deviated septum). the us wings indy jacket caught my eye and somehow i found out about wested leather. then i clicked a link and ended up at indygear and now to this forum. i didn't realize there was so much hype around the indy jacket!!!

anyhow, i ended up ordering a wested TOD jacket in pretty much stock form. i am not a huge indiana jones nut (i do love the movies) but reading a lot of posts here kinda got me a bit more interested...i like the indy look.

...oh, and for ~$50 i had to buy the j crew boots since they look pretty cool as well. :wink:

so, hello
billy3ci
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by billy3ci »

oh well, i guess i'll say hello to myself. :wink:
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

'sup.

Regards, Daryl.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Hey! Welcome aboard. A little advice, QUICK, Run while you still can!!!
You will be stunk in forever! RUN! :wink:
billy3ci
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by billy3ci »

thanks for the welcome. i am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my TOD jacket. i still can't get over how inexpensive these jackets are. it makes little sense to me. i mean, high quality lambskin leather jackets are pricey enough let alone a jacket that has so much movie history (not to mention one sitting in the smithsonian by the same maker as the one i ordered from). when i heard about the wested indy jacket i figured it would be like $500 minimum...and people would pay that. one can possibly see leather jackets in stores that look so boring for over $500!!!
Indiana Philip
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Philip »

A belated welcome to you billy!! BTW-I have a lambtouch Wested, and IMHO-I think it's a bit on the thin side (not that there's anything wrong with that). I ordered my son a New Cow jacket last Christmas and every time I see it I wish that I had ordered that one (it's thicker and, of course, heavier). I plan to order another in the near future.
Best regards,
Indiana Philip
billy3ci
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by billy3ci »

i was a bit concerned about lambskin being too thin but i want this to be a 4 season jacket and its easier to add layers in the winter than wear a coat that is too warm in the summer. i think lambskin is more dressy and wears in well.

...plus, it was all lambskin in the films if i am correct :D