Whip Prices

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

ecwhips
Vendor

Whip Prices

Post by ecwhips »

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that my prices will be going up as of December 15th. The new pricing won't be wallet busting, but it will be a fair increase. Anyone who has an order in already will get their whip at the original price. Any order placed from the 15th on will be at the new price. I'm still working out what the increase will be at this time.

Happy Holidays,
Jim
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Hey Jim, I LOVE the red and blue Spider-Man whip on your site. Really cool, and a great pic!!
sab04
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician
Location: now, or when you read this......what? ooooooh, Lebanon CT

Post by sab04 »

Phew, got my order in just in time :lol:
Xhiwar
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Xhiwar »

Well... I just hope you're not going up with the prices for the "budget indy", 'cause it should remain a "budget" indy whip... (and because I'm still saving to buy one! :cry: )
IndianaCollins
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaCollins »

sab04 wrote:Phew, got my order in just in time :lol:
yeah, me too. Just got my order in a couple of weeks ago.
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

Did the budget indy go up? it looks like it, cuz now it dosent really look "budget"
ecwhips
Vendor

Post by ecwhips »

Indiana wrote:Did the budget indy go up? it looks like it, cuz now it dosent really look "budget"
Yes, the prices went up for the Budget, too. 8ft. went from $145 to $165, 9 ft. went from $165 to $190, 10 ft. went from $195 to $215. An increase of $20 on the 8 and $25 on the 9 and 10. Not exactly a "bank breaking" increase in my opinion when compared to how much more roo hide now costs me due to the lack of good hides because of the draught in Australia, and the fact that the Australian dollar has gone from roughly .5 to .75 against the US dollar. Maybe you can find a better deal on Ebay.

Jim
jerryrwm
Vendor

Post by jerryrwm »

Well, just to stick my nose in - $20-22.00 /plaited ft is pretty darned reasonable I'd say. Especially for a quality whip.

As Jim said and I said in an earlier post, the price for 'roo has gone up nearly 17% in the last 8 mos. So the price for finished goods goes up. Pure economics plain and simple. And if you do the math that increase is about 15% give or take. Pretty fair I'd say.

And I don't think you will get a better deal on ebay. I sell a number of whips there and they have all brought good prices for me and the buyer. Usually around $30.00 / ft for a 12 plait whip.

So, the budget whip is still a good deal at the price. Heck, send your name in to Jim and maybe you'll win the whip. I know I'm gonna enter the drawing. Heck, I might even work out a trade with Jim, One of my 8' whips for one of his.

Keep 'em crackin'

Jerry R
ecwhips
Vendor

Post by ecwhips »

jerryrwm wrote: Heck, I might even work out a trade with Jim, One of my 8' whips for one of his.

Keep 'em crackin'

Jerry R
Hey Jerry,

I've wanted to get my hands on one of yours for a while now. Send me an email and we'll see if we can hammer something out.

Regards,
Jim