Todd's Standard Help Question

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

AuburnIndy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Todd's Standard Help Question

Post by AuburnIndy »

Hey Guys, I'm new here and had a quick question. I'm putting together a Halloween costume and have everything but a jacket because I wanted to make sure I made a solid choice. I have always loved Indy's jacket and would like something not too heavy that I could also wear with a pair of jeans. Todd's standard seems like an affordable choice but I would like to distress it a bit. Has anyone distressed a Todd's standard and have any tips or even just general comments about it? Any and all feedback would be much appreciated.

-Dave
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Todd's Standard Help Question

Post by RCSignals »

Not too long ago one was shown here that had been distressed and worn for about a year. Looked good.
It might turn up in a seaarch
IndianaBogart
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: ...listening to a tinny piano playing in the parlor downstairs....

Post by IndianaBogart »

Yeah, I've seen several threads where people had distressed their Todd's Standards, and very well too. I remember one had very LC-ish distressing and it looked pretty good. I haven't done anything to mine aside from letting it get drenched in the rain, which takes the shine off and gets some good wrinkles in it. Good luck woth your jacket.

-Bogart :TOH:
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I know IndyFalco distressed the heck out of his standard. It held up fine and looked great.
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Just wet it and forget it! Wear it in the shower or hold it under water for a minute. Wear it while wet, scrunch it up while doing so. After it dries, add a little Fuller's Earth powder with a make up brush (also available from Todd's) and you're set. The Fuller's Earth will wipe off with a damp rag after Halloween and you have yourself a nice, lightweight, screen accurate, Raiders jacket! Have fun!

Regards, Dr. J
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Yes, that's the easiest way to distress it, especially if it will be be worn more so as an every day jacket. Acetone, alcohol and sandpaper have a lasting effect.
gi_canuck
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by gi_canuck »

Yeah, if you are looking for a costume jacket / light leather jacket, Todd's is THE choice. Check out my older post for the distressed look.
http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43064 Hope this helps.