Indy's Holster Storage

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Indy's Holster Storage

Post by Indiana Neri »

Looking through my "The Complete Making of Indiana Jones" book, I happen to flip to the on set photo of Indy's closet (it's in the KotCS of the book, pg 280) and I happened to notice the weapon belt hanging off the wall. What I wanna know is how the heck is the holster flat against the wall and what is that strap to the right of the holster? :-k

;)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Re: Indy's Holster Storage

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Can you post a pic of it?
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I don't have a picture handy to post, but I do have my Making of book to look at.

I think you could get a holster to lay flat against the wall like that if you twisted the gun belt the right way. That's what it looks like to me in the picture. Not the most natural way to hang up a belt/holster since you'd have to fiddle with it quite a bit, but it does look prettier for pictures.

The strap to the right to which I assume you are referring (not the strap to the MkVII) has been speculated to a map case similar to this.
http://www.ostfront.com/militaria/prods/GRFG-0019.html

It's also been thought the Fedora character wore one in the opening scene of LC.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

I wish I could post a picture of it Bink, but I don't have a scanner ](*,)

Jeff, the strap in question is on the belt itself. However, that MK VII strap looks to be wrapped around the hanger bar, yet another "unnatural" way to display the gear. :-s

;)

EDIT: That's the best that I could do with my crappy camera-phone
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Oh, I see. The strap hanging from the gunbelt is the whip holder.

I agree, it would take 10 minutes to get your MkVII on and off the hanger bar that way.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Neri »

Thanks, Michael for posting a better pic. Do you guys see the "other" strap on the right side of the holster?? What's that all about?? :-k The whip holder is on the left to the holster. I try to do the same with my belt, but the holster just tilts forward. I was just trying to get ideas on displaying my gear when I stumbled across this picture.

Jeff, could you imagine trying to get your MKVII packed with it hanging like that #-o :lol:

;)
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Absolutely correct, makes no sense to hang your MKVII that way.

As to the gun belt, now I really see to what you are referring (after two false starts). The small loop of leather tightly around the belt with what looks like two rivets. Looks to me to be the belt keeper, slid down next to the holster.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I have the book too and I always assumed it was the whip holder :-k

Kyle
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Indiana Jeff wrote:Oh, I see. The strap hanging from the gunbelt is the whip holder.

I agree, it would take 10 minutes to get your MkVII on and off the hanger bar that way.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Why would it be hard to get your MKVII off? It's clearly just on some sort of hook or hanger.

Kyle
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Look more closely. :Depp: The MKVII is wrapped around the bar. It looks like the strap is over the bar and the bag is fed through the strap. Not a convenient way to hand your bag, especially if there's any gear in it.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Ok now I see it- Sorry, I was going off of the pic you posted. I was too lazy to go look in MY book, but now that I have, I see what you're talking about and you're right- it is a very strange way to hang the bag.

Kyle
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

As to the holster, the belt appears to be cinched really tight so there's not a lot of play for the holster to tip forward.

And yes, that bag/strap configuration does seem unnecessarily complicated! :-k