4 hats @ RMS

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Snapbrim76
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

4 hats @ RMS

Post by Snapbrim76 »

By popular demand - a photo taken of 4 hats at the recent visit to the Royal Masonic School in Rickmansworth. Its a line-up of (from left to right) Adventurebilt Deluxe, Penman, Akubra Federation Deluxe IV and Herbert Johnson. They are arranged on the stage in the Great Hall (where Indy is informed of the dig in Tannis - Raiders) and sadly i didn't get any more pics of these hats - i was too busy cracking JTW's bullwhip! To find out more, check out the full report on "2009 Visit to Royal Masonic School - Friday 14th August"
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: 4 hats @ RMS

Post by Kt Templar »

But.... there wore only 3 of you there.....

RMS haunted?

:anxious: :Dietrich:
enigmata_wood
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by enigmata_wood »

I think it shows there's little to choose between the Adventurebilt, Penman and Federation. The Herbet Johnson looks taller but perhaps it's the more tapered bash?
inexpensive_jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by inexpensive_jones »

Wow that Penman looks fine! :clap:
I wish there was a regular AB in the mix but this is still a great selection.
Thanks for the pic. :H:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

To me, the overall shape of the Fed is spot on, as is the color of the AB. Very nice looking hats in the mix. :tup: Its a proportion thing...of the width & height of the body in relation to the brim, I think.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Texan Scott wrote:To me, the overall shape of the Fed is spot on, as is the color of the AB. Very nice looking hats in the mix. :tup: Its a proportion thing...of the width & height of the body in relation to the brim, I think.

Thats funny because the fed looks a bit pink to me. It's really hard to tell color just from one photo.
Snapbrim76
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Snapbrim76 »

Its funny you should say that John, it does have a tinge of pink to it. But it only seems to go pink on areas that have been bashed, pinched or got wet.

P.S. The sweatband on the Penman is beautiful. I was expecting perfection it on the ABD but i was suprised by how nice the Penman is.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Snapbrim76 wrote:Its funny you should say that John, it does have a tinge of pink to it. But it only seems to go pink on areas that have been bashed, pinched or got wet.

P.S. The sweatband on the Penman is beautiful. I was expecting perfection it on the ABD but i was suprised by how nice the Penman is.

I don't think the Fed is pink but the photo is of poor quality and you can't base an opinion on color off of it. Thats all.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

I think the Penman actually looks best in that shot. Of course a lot has to do with the light and the bash.
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

Old AB-Dlx. there. Just not what we make today ;)

Regards,

Marc
Snapbrim76
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Snapbrim76 »

BendingOak wrote:
Snapbrim76 wrote:Its funny you should say that John, it does have a tinge of pink to it. But it only seems to go pink on areas that have been bashed, pinched or got wet.

I don't think the Fed is pink but the photo is of poor quality and you can't base an opinion on color off of it. Thats all.
Its my Fed, John. I always thought it had a pink hint.
Indycrazy5187
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indycrazy5187 »

I'm not surprised that the nicest of the four is the ABD and the Penman IMHO
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Snapbrim76 wrote:
BendingOak wrote:

Its my Fed, John. I always thought it had a pink hint.

I'm not saying thats not possible. I can't re-block any of the Akubras like I do my own. They can't take it. They bleed to much.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Indycrazy5187 wrote:I'm not surprised that the nicest of the four is the ABD and the Penman IMHO
I second that. The color of that AB Deluxe has faded into tht beautiful Raiders color. That Penman looks beautiful. I love the crease!

Dave
Garzo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Garzo »

Marc wrote:Old AB-Dlx. there. Just not what we make today ;)

Regards,

Marc
I wonder how different my old AB-Dlx is compared to your new ones. . . :-k
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

mmmmmmmmmm....like Mitch said on another thread....

"they look like warm yummy brownies" (or something like that).

I like the penman.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I like the shape and look of all of them (well, maybe not the HJ so much, sorry! :CR: ).

I'm impressed about the deep center dent you got in the Fed. I know I'm a broken record (and I suppose it's just a reaction of my head shape and the Fed block) but I can't get that deep a center dent in a Fed. I really like the hat but it's the only one I've had this problem with.
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

Snapbrim76 wrote:By popular demand - a photo taken of 4 hats at the recent visit to the Royal Masonic School in Rickmansworth. Its a line-up of (from left to right) Adventurebilt Deluxe, Penman, Akubra Federation Deluxe IV and Herbert Johnson. They are arranged on the stage in the Great Hall (where Indy is informed of the dig in Tannis - Raiders) and sadly i didn't get any more pics of these hats - i was too busy cracking JTW's bullwhip! To find out more, check out the full report on "2009 Visit to Royal Masonic School - Friday 14th August"
My two favs are the AB and Penman, hands down. But the AB has a much tighter pinch than Penman. Is the Penman supposed to be a Raiders or something different? It looks like a Raiders, but that AB pinch is razor sharp.

DHW
jones the whip
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jones the whip »

crismans wrote:I like the shape and look of all of them (well, maybe not the HJ so much, sorry! :CR: ).
I totally agree with you which is why this "Poet" is going into hat hospital on January 30th.
I've decided to leave it in the capable hands of Lock & Co of St James St, with all specs provided of course.

Cheers,
JTW.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

RaidersBash wrote:mmmmmmmmmm....like Mitch said on another thread....
"they look like warm yummy brownies" (or something like that).
I like the penman.
:anxious:
I... don't think I've ever been quoted before... COOL, RB... Thanks for that!
:TOH:
I feel I should mention though, that I myself have heard (read) others here at C.O.W. make hat related chocolate or brownie references before... On the Penman Thread I believe (no surprise there... those hats of John's are just as delicious looking)...

:-k
That...
was... an odd sentence to write...
:?

;)