Ltd. edition AB bullwhip - taking orders now

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Cullenman
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Re: Ltd. edition AB bullwhip - taking orders now

Post by Cullenman »

I have been away for awhile, so I was surprised the see this forum take on such a commercial tone. In the past, as I recall, people trying to sell merchandise, or plug a product, have been directed to the vendor's site. Will I be allowed to list/promote some of my whips for sale?
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Cullenman wrote:I have been away for awhile, so I was surprised the see this forum take on such a commercial tone. In the past, as I recall, people trying to sell merchandise, or plug a product, have been directed to the vendor's site. Will I be allowed to list/promote some of my whips for sale?
Whip makers and other vendors have always been allowed to show off their work/wares and with that some general promotion is acceptable, However; continuous blatant product plugs and “for sale” posts are still discouraged in the general area interest forums such as this one.

There are specific areas of COW designated for that purpose, such as the Cairo Bazaar and Vendors announcements area. These areas are specifically designed to give members & vendors a place to properly list and promote items for sale, including whips.

If you have whips you wish to list for sale that is the place to do so. If you have whips that you wish to show off, discuss, encourage opinions and or conversation about, then this is still the proper place to do so.

Dan
DetectiveJones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by DetectiveJones »

Hey Paul, will the new super whammer jammer whips look something like this? I'm thrilled to death with it. It just came yesterday. Not bad for a newbies first whip heh?
congratulations on this new endeavor Paul.
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

For the money, I hope it came with the fan. ;)

Just kidding, that whip looks beautiful! Happy cracking!
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

Where do you get such big zip-locks?!
DetectiveJones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by DetectiveJones »

Tundrarider wrote:
DetectiveJones wrote:Image
Hey Paul, will the new super whammer jammer whips look something like this? I'm thrilled to death with it. It just came yesterday. Not bad for a newbies first whip heh?
congratulations on this new endeavor Paul.
Just for clarification, Detective...Your new whip is one of the Ltd Edition AB Bullwhips?!?!? :shock:

Michael :TOH:
No Sir, just a regular one. He had it in stock so I snapped it up.
DetectiveJones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by DetectiveJones »

Canuck Digger wrote:Where do you get such big zip-locks?!
I was thinking that myself. It IS the biggest zip loc bag in existence.
Last edited by DetectiveJones on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

Sorry for digging out the 2 years old thread, but I'd like to know if other beauties have been made? Can anyone upgrade this thread?
whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

Did anyone ever get one of these?
indydude18
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indydude18 »

Same question here, It would be totally awesome if we could still order one!
Wolfie
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Wolfie »

Well the address on the pictures in the first post still work...

they led me to http://midwestwhips.com/IndyWhips.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Hummm. Then if THAT'S the case, the answer is 'yes', you can still get 'them'....just not with the AB middleman involved if you go direct. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
midwestwhips
Vendor

Post by midwestwhips »

Its seems as though there is a little confusion here, so I'd like to just make clear the few things that I do know.

First, the AB whips are a specific style of Indy Whips that Marc ordered from us to match the specs that he decided were most important. All of the AB style whips he has ordered from us to this date have been made and shipped to Marc. We are not involved with any communication or shipping to his customers after our job of making and shipping the whips to him is complete, so I cannot comment on whether the people who originally ordered from Marc have received their whips yet, although I assume that by now they probably have.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, nothing else in our agreement with Marc has changed. As far as I know, AB style Indy Whips are still available to order through Marc. The AB Indy Style whips are exclusive to Mark and AB and are not available from us directly, but as most of you all know, we have always offered both standard and custom (to the customer's specs) Indy whips directly from our MidWestWhips website.

If anyone has any further questions specifically regarding the AB whips and their availability, the best avenue would probably be to contact Marc directly.

Regards,

Paul Nolan
MidWestWhips
indydude18
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indydude18 »

midwestwhips wrote:As far as I know, AB style Indy Whips are still available to order through Marc.
:tup: This is wonderful news!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

No confusion on my part, Paul.

My suggested point was that someone could either order an AB version from Marc, or get one of yours direct (non-AB), hense the 'quotation' marks around my 'them' in my post above.

They're both high quality whips...one is just the 'AB' model, and only available from AB, but it's the provenance and particular style that's the difference, but they're both made BY you, and therefore folks can expect the same high quality craftsmanship in both.

No different than the AB Alden 405 boots and standard Aldens boots. One has the extras that Marc contracted Aldens to make, and the others are the standard....but they're still Alden boots, and both made of the same high quality material and by the same craftsmen.

Am I not right? :-k

Couldn't you read my mind? :-s :lol: ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51977" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;