AB shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

AB shirt

Post by BendingOak »

I just got my AB shirt in the mail today. I knew anything that Marc would put the AB logo on had to be of the highest of quality and again he nailed it. I just love the dang thing. I'm wearing it today. \:D/

the fit is just perfect. Its about the best fit I ever had in a shirt. Most of the time there is way to much room in the lower half of the body of the shirt. I received a Indy shirt this past x-mas from my sister and it was one of the low end deals. In this case you do get what you pay for. The low end deal felt like it was stiff or a bit of polyester in the material, color was of to my eyes. I do know right from the start where the quality is. It's with the AB shirt all the way.

I'm sure by now you guys and dolls know I do like to go quality right from the start now a days because I spent way to much on lesser stuff just to be disappointed. Not this time. Thank you Marc, now how about some pants so I can round of my gear. :whip:

I know I have no pics right now because my family is out on vacation and got the camera. Kidds not around either. Where the heck is that guy when I need him. :roll:

Ok, I'm going to go play Indy now. :whip: Just don't tell my sister I got another shirt. :[

Ok, ok, I'm going to go make hats.
Greatdane
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: AB shirt

Post by Greatdane »

The AB shirts are truly great. It's one of the very first things I got as I was able to purchase a used one from a member here.
It's the best shirt I ever had, the cloth is very comfortable, thin and light. It makes it a perfect summer shirt as it keeps you very cool, and you look cool too!
I'm going to Australia this December and there's no doubt in my mind that this shirt is going to be my primary shirt along with my Penman Raiders. Speaking of which, how's my hat coming along John? :D
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Greatdane wrote:The AB shirts are truly great. It's one of the very first things I got as I was able to purchase a used one from a member here.
It's the best shirt I ever had, the cloth is very comfortable, thin and light. It makes it a perfect summer shirt as it keeps you very cool, and you look cool too!
I'm going to Australia this December and there's no doubt in my mind that this shirt is going to be my primary shirt along with my Penman Raiders. Speaking of which, how's my hat coming along John? :D

:-k :anxious: :-k :anxious: :-s #-o :-k

I don't know, when did you order it? I'm working on april orders. They all should go out by the end of Aug. the latest.
alphared6
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by alphared6 »

Can you post a link?

Mike
Greatdane
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Greatdane »

BendingOak wrote:
Greatdane wrote:The AB shirts are truly great. It's one of the very first things I got as I was able to purchase a used one from a member here.

:-k :anxious: :-k :anxious: :-s #-o :-k

I don't know, when did you order it? I'm working on april orders. They all should go out by the end of Aug. the latest.
3rd of July.
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

alphared6 wrote:Can you post a link?

Mike
http://www.adventurebiltdeluxe.com/accessoires.php

no pricing information though.....would anyone mind chiming in on the going rate for the AB shirts?
squidkidd
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by squidkidd »

BendingOak wrote:Kidds not around either. Where the heck is that guy when I need him. :roll:
I don't know, if you see him, let me know, that guy owes me some money!

:BD:
david3000
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by david3000 »

69 Euros including shipping. The only way to get it is to PayPal Kim. kim@flugel.dk
He's a great guy to do business with. It took only 5 days to get the shirt (I'm in USA).
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

The AB shirt is great, perfect colour, and details. But the only one problem with them is that the epaulettes sit slighty forward, but a tailor can easily fix that problem. When I ordered my it was a Thursday night, Kim said Friday it shipped, and Monday afternoon it was in my hands (Amazing!).
alphared6
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by alphared6 »

david3000 wrote:69 Euros including shipping.
:shock: WOW ... $98.00 US. Does the shirt make coffee? Whistle Dixie? :- Massage your back as you wear it???? Just seems a little pricey to me. :BD: I'm sure I'm alone.

:-s Mike
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

alphared6 wrote:
david3000 wrote:69 Euros including shipping.
:shock: WOW ... $98.00 US. Does the shirt make coffee? Whistle Dixie? :- Massage your back as you wear it???? Just seems a little pricey to me. :BD: I'm sure I'm alone.

:-s Mike
Well if it eases your mind, that does include shipping from Europe as well... ;) and very quick shipping I may add :)
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Pics or it didn't happen! :lol:
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

whipwarrior wrote:Pics or it didn't happen! :lol:

I don't understand your statement.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Does anyone buy quality anymore. It's not a walmart shirt.

It was pricey for me when Marc first came out with them but after having a low end one and I'm sick and tired of low end stuff. I shelled out the bigger price tag. Now after receiving it, I can see why it has the bigger price tag on it.
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

BendingOak wrote:Does anyone buy quality anymore. It's not a walmart shirt.

It was pricey for me when Marc first came out with them but after having a low end one and I'm sick and tired of low end stuff. I shelled out the bigger price tag. Now after receiving it, I can see why it has the bigger price tag on it.
I can completely agree with John here on this one. I myself had made the mistakes of purchasing some lower end gear (mind you it was a last minute detail for a last minute costume but I thought it would be good enough until it came) but even when I purchased a Cowhide whip, I then upgraded to a Del Carpio. I lost $ on the cowhide when I sold it to help fund the DC whip which I wouldn't have lost if I bought quality in the first place. From that point it was go for quality right out of the gate, and you won't spend EXTRA upgrading until your happy.

I think Adventurebilt is the one of the few companies where you're NOT paying for a name, you're paying for QUALITY. Same goes for the Penman hats and products. Again priced higher, but you're paying for top quality products (not saying the Penman NAME isn't worth anything because it is and I'm a proud owner of one of his hats. He has brought us some very nice and unique hats and products that will put him on map for sure, and these are not available anywhere else eg: the hatjack). Even Wade's leather products are priced higher, but when you actually see and feel them, its the quality you're paying for. Plus these companies are just as dedicated to the films and details are most of its consumers, so you know that you're getting some quality and very special.

All in all, like John said, go big from the get go, maybe save a little to get there, and you'll be happy you did.
david3000
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by david3000 »

TheExit148 wrote:The AB shirt is great, perfect colour, and details. But the only one problem with them is that the epaulettes sit slighty forward, but a tailor can easily fix that problem. When I ordered my it was a Thursday night, Kim said Friday it shipped, and Monday afternoon it was in my hands (Amazing!).
Marc placed the epaulettes slightly forward on purpose (the epaulette is centered on the shoulder seam). If you watch Indy talking to Sallah in Cairo you will see that this is Screen Accurate.

Marc has done an incredible job with this shirt (and everything else he touches). It is well worth the money for me.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Speaking for myself, it's the only brand 'Indy' shirt I personally own. :M: :tup:

Regards! Michaelson
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

david3000 wrote:
TheExit148 wrote:The AB shirt is great, perfect colour, and details. But the only one problem with them is that the epaulettes sit slighty forward, but a tailor can easily fix that problem. When I ordered my it was a Thursday night, Kim said Friday it shipped, and Monday afternoon it was in my hands (Amazing!).
Marc placed the epaulettes slightly forward on purpose (the epaulette is centered on the shoulder seam). If you watch Indy talking to Sallah in Cairo you will see that this is Screen Accurate.

Marc has done an incredible job with this shirt (and everything else he touches). It is well worth the money for me.
Why by gosh, there isn't anything wrong with this shirt then. But my only problem (and this is a personal problem) is that the size small isn't small enough for my size, I still had to get it brought in a lot to proper fit, even in the arms as well.
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

So which is "the shirt"? AB or Magnoli?

Or maybe they are both "the shirt" but for different reasons.....
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

It's a jokey way of saying ;0
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Well... thats a tought one. The AB has the perfect Raiders colour IMO, but its an off the rack shirt, where the Mags shirt is custom for that perfect fit, but I'm not sure of which colour of his is the best for Raiders. He recommends Stone, but I think his new Light Khaki is actually better for Raiders according to his pics, but thats my opinion. I think whatever one you choose, you can't go wrong with either.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

The shirt I love is the AB, the other shirt my sister gave me as a gift is a low end from someone here but I'm not going to tag the person.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

The AB is the king of the castle. Noel's was before and his shirt was thinner silkier and had a slight pink tan hue. It was a direct copy of a screen used shirt. That shirt may have been a ToD. I've noticed the pink hue in the rope bridge scenes. However, you also see that colour on board the Bantu Wind, so who knows.

But you can't get a NH shirt any more so the AB wins.
Jens
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Jens »

I'll join the "AB shirt" camp, too. Tough piece of wardrobe, which definitely will stand "real world adventures".
kiltie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by kiltie »

I'd like to have a comic strip bubble coming out of my head with this quote permanently stamped in it ( just with blank spots for inserting whatever product or thing you happen to be talking about at the moment ).
I don't have this shirt and, in fact, it's not even on the front burner ( not even on the stove, really... ), but if I had all the cash back from bits of junk I've spent money on just to replace ( multiple hats... shoulda gone custom out of the gates, etc... ), i'd probably have enough for all original costume from original makers - including that $6000 WG at Collector's Firearms.
I can't testify to this shirt in particular, but I can say if you're gonna do a thing you may as well do it right.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

kiltie wrote:

I'd like to have a comic strip bubble coming out of my head with this quote permanently stamped in it ( just with blank spots for inserting whatever product or thing you happen to be talking about at the moment ).
I don't have this shirt and, in fact, it's not even on the front burner ( not even on the stove, really... ), but if I had all the cash back from bits of junk I've spent money on just to replace ( multiple hats... shoulda gone custom out of the gates, etc... ), i'd probably have enough for all original costume from original makers - including that $6000 WG at Collector's Firearms.
I can't testify to this shirt in particular, but I can say if you're gonna do a thing you may as well do it right.

THANK YOU :notworthy:
GeordieIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by GeordieIndy »

Would love to see a few pics of this shirt!!!

GeordieIndy
Jens
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Jens »

Have you tried the search function? Not to advertise my own threads too blatantly (I'm just too lazy to look for more and different threads), but here you will find some more pictures of it. ;)
GeordieIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by GeordieIndy »

Stupidly after I asked the question a did find a few pics!! :oops: Must of missed your thread though Jens. It's a great looking shirt which hopefully one day will be on my list!

Thanks!

GeordieIndy
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

I've got the AB shirt on my DO WANT!! list, where it's been for some time.

In reply to the comment about the epaulets during the Sallah's house scene, I hadn't noticed them being forward. But don't doubt it.

Randy
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

WOW ... $98.00 US. Does the shirt make coffee? Whistle Dixie? Massage your back as you wear it???? Just seems a little pricey to me. I'm sure I'm alone.
I try to buy quality. But it's not always an option. Still, for a non-Indy shirt there are lots of quality options under that price. But for an actual Indy, I think all we have is WPG. I really didn't like mine. :(

I used to feel as you do, alphared. Still kind of do. But I realized a while ago that I wasn't going to find anything satisfactory that actual fit my mutant body. So, instead of sinking $98 into an AB shirt, I blew $99 on a Magnoli. I'm still waiting on the coffee, though. ;)
So which is "the shirt"? AB or Magnoli?
Or maybe they are both "the shirt" but for different reasons.....
Bingo! I wish I could actually fit into an AB shirt. Otherwise, they seem like exactly what I would want in an Indy shirt. But the sizing is not for me. That's where Magnoli comes in. IT BLOODY FITS! \:D/ I should note that I somehow managed to squeeze into a Noel Howard. To this day, I can't figure out how. So that is, in my collection, "the shirt."
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

;0
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Guys, I tried to order the AB shirt by sending payment via Paypal to kim@flugel.dk

However, Paypal says that's not a valid email address because it's not in the corect format: name@domain.com

Is there a work around for this?
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

;0
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

PSBIndy wrote:Guys, I tried to order the AB shirt by sending payment via Paypal to kim@flugel.dk

However, Paypal says that's not a valid email address because it's not in the corect format: name@domain.com

Huh, worked for me around Sept of last year, just checked my records. ](*,)
david3000
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by david3000 »

PSBIndy wrote:Guys, I tried to order the AB shirt by sending payment via Paypal to kim@flugel.dk

I double-checked and that is the correct email address. It worked for me yesterday.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

david3000 wrote:

I double-checked and that is the correct email address. It worked for me yesterday.

I copy and pasted that email address in the Paypal send money box but it still says not valid. :(
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I've had a lot of trouble copy/pasting addresses in Paypal lately. Type it by hand, see if it works.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:I've had a lot of trouble copy/pasting addresses in Paypal lately. Type it by hand, see if it works.

Hey it worked! That's so odd.

Thanks!
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

I own the shirt. I've had it for quite a while. I do agree that the color is perfect. I really love how it looks and feels. Considering it's a bit "pricey" compared to other shirts it's worth every darn penny.

I do have one small gripe and that's the epaulets....Now I know it was mentioned above that the placement is supposed to be SA but I'm not a particular fan of where they rest....I personally prefer where the rest on my Todd's Indy shirt, which is right on top of the shoulders.....With the AB's resting a little below the shoulder it kinda gives off the impression that your slouching somewhat....

Like I said though it's just personal taste on my part and it certainly wouldn't keep me from buying another one from Marc. :TOH:
Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Satipo »

Have the epaulettes been corrected length-wise? I seem to remember the first ones were too short to be Raiders SA.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

That's a good question and I don't know the answer. I do believe my shirt is from the first "wave" Marc had made. I wonder if mine are to short. Actually, even if they aren't correct for SA they're still alright and nothing that's going to cause me to go "Ugh, I'm not wearing this again". :lol:
Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Satipo »

I hear you, but it's funny how the epaulettes can bug. I have an MBA Raiders that has the epaulettes positioned slightly forward on the shoulder seam, which really gives that slouching look you mentioned earlier. When I watch Raiders, the epaulettes appear to sit square on top of his shoulders, but maybe his shirt is riding back slightly (does the back of the collar hang back away from the back of his neck?).
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Yeah, I think it does. The next time I put it on I'll have to double check and look. I do know that I'm always tugging on it to bring the epaulettes up square on my shoulders.

I'd have to go back and watch the movie again and pay particular attention to the shirt in all the scenes. I always *thought* they were supposed to be square with the shoulder. :?

Actually, if your Noel Howard shirt had them like this then the shirts were designed that way since he created them so Marc's shirt would be correct.
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

I find it odd that they would purposely design a shirt with such an odd epaulet placement. :-k Wonder why they'd do that?

When I get my AB shirt [someday] I'll have them moved to rest atop the shoulders, or else, I'd be doing what Pitfall Harry does, tugging it up there.

Randy
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

The difference is only a quarter of an inch if that. Funny how MUCH difference that makes.
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

It really is amazing. Especially would have a visual effect if someone slumped their shoulders or else had no shoulders. [See Christian Bale, I was really surprised while watching The Dark Knight at how slumped/nonexsitent his shoulders are]

Randy
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Well, for reference here's a shot of where the epaulettes land on my shoulders wearing Todd's shirt. On me I think it personally looks better than having them land just below my shoulders like the AB does....

If only I could merge both shirts together then I'd have a perfect shirt for what I wanted. :lol:

Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

I wonder what the AB shirt looks like? :-k Anyone have a picture? Maybe a full body shot?

Thanks
indyzane
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

I'm looking around to see if I've still got any clear shots of me wearing mine. As soon as I find one I'll post it.