My fed 4.new pictures. RE: NEW PICTURES

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

fedoraiders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: My fed 4.new pictures. RE: NEW PICTURES

Post by fedoraiders »

Indiana Holt wrote:Thanx again my friend.

here is the latest.

a side by side shot. bear in mind that the angle is 100% perfect. it was pretty hard to get the correct angle. but this was the best picture I could make. and after taking so many shpts the camera needed a recharge.. so i thought waht the heck. its good enuff...

You are right, it's very hard to take a good pictures with a good angle, your picture is realy realy good. I love your hat very much! The brim, the crown, the ribbon are very perfect.

I have a question: Did you mount the ribbon a little bit because your anothers pictures, the ribbon is little more down, i think. Maybe just a illusion.

I have a another question: On tour another post, you wrote " Not reblocked. only alot of TLC " sorry i don't understand this word " TLC " what is it, Thanks.

Keep this hat préciously my friend!

Jason
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

thanx Jason.

I think its just an illusion... allthough I did tweak and dust alittle more under the ribbon so maby it is a little higher then in my other pictures.

TLC means Tender Loving Care. I work with the hat alot
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Re: My fed 4. new pictures.

Post by Indiego Jones »

Indiana Holt wrote:maby Ill rework my other fed 4 standard into an raiders. and maby Ill make some kind of tutorial...
thanx guys.
well...and maby I'm not the only one interested in this tutorial.... =P~
your fed 4 is simply amazing. :notworthy:
not only you have the gift of seeing and understand every detail throught a picture or just looking the movie, but also you can reproduce those details in actual clothes....wich, we all know, is really difficult. first with your jacket, now this fedora.
congratulations. :whip:

PS: PLEASE, make that tutorial, or just give us some tricks to begin with ;)
PS 2: can show us some back photos? thanxs!
IndyGeek78
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyGeek78 »

Hey Holt. Amazinghat. I bet you get bored of hearing that ;)

If you PM your address I'll send you my hat and you can do the same to mine.

I have just a standard Fed IV always thought the brim was too wide. Any hints or tips you can give to help me shorten the brim?

I imagine you get bothered with this all the time so sorry to be another annoying Gear Head.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

thanx. :D

to shorten the brim you need a pair of scissors and a steady hand. cut of 3 or 4 mm of each side. not the front and back. at least this was what was needed on my fed. your at your own risk. ;)
Last edited by Holt on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Before cutting the brim, get some tailor's chalk (you can get this in pencil form) and evenly draw a cut line around the brim to use as a guide when cutting. When you're ready to cut, make sure you use a SHARP pair of fabric scissors and cut on the outside of that line. Take your time. Remember, you can always cut more off, but you can't put it back.
IndyGeek78
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyGeek78 »

Cheers guys. Ill obvioulsy take my time and make sure not to mess it up. ;)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Also remember that taking off 1/8 of an inch is a lot more than you think in regards to brim specs. If you trim your brim, start off small on your trim and don't trim any further for a few days to a week. You might find that it's all you need. After that time if it still looks too wide on you, then try an additional trim. It's easy to get too carried away at the beginning only to realize after a week or so that you may have taken off too much.