Nick Ammann 3.5 foot Stockwhips (225 cracks) (33 seconds)

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

nammann
Vendor

Nick Ammann 3.5 foot Stockwhips (225 cracks) (33 seconds)

Post by nammann »

Ok here is a video of me attempting to crack my 3.5 foot stockwhips as many time as I can.

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E6FvL9RJK8

Take care,

Nick
Gaucho
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Nick Ammann 3.5 foot Stockwhips (225 cracks) (33 seconds)

Post by Gaucho »

Nick

Very nice whips, especially this 8 plait Indy.

Regards.

Gaucho. :H:
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

:tup: Training for a run at the Guinness book record? :TOH:
winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by winrichwhips »

Looks pretty good, though I would recommend working on the volley in your left hand a bit more, and, though I only watched the video once, where you doing fast-figure 8's in the right hand?

If you haven't already, try doing the machine guns with your two 3.5 footers, and a fast queensland crossover with short whips also looks good.

-Adam
nammann
Vendor

Post by nammann »

Thanks Adam,

I think Ive been watching too many of your videos :clap: That was my first attempt and I wasnt even trying to do this but I got into the flow and kept going until I moved my left foot and thats when the right handed whip popper got a knot in it which was kinda upsetting but it was a good first try. I have been working more with my left hand since I am right handed and the volleys are coming along much better now. The right hand is fast figure 8's with a 3rd crack to the side. or something like that. Thanks for checking it out Adam and maybe in the near future I can watch your performance up close and in person and maybe you can give me some more pointers, until then thanks and take care!

Nick
Marhala
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Marhala »

You're insane Nick!!! How do you do that... :shock: I had to replay it a couple of times to see how you did that.

Congrats, :clap:

Aldo.
bobm2004
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by bobm2004 »

nammann-that was a very cool video. Congrads on the cracks. I find working with my off hand (left hand) is one of the most difficult things-I feel like a drunk un-coordinated clown!

I am lucky enough though to watch Adam perform twice a week here at the Bristol Renaissance Fair, sometimes even more. This past Saturday Adam was in the middle of his show when he was challenged to do his world record two handed cracks in a minute record. My wife and I had perfect seats and were tasked with doing the count. I got 440 cracks by my count! It was amazing to watch!