Gibson and Barnes Arrival!!! New pics

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

IndianaCollins
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Gibson and Barnes Arrival!!! New pics

Post by IndianaCollins »

When I placed my order with Gibson and Barnes last month, wanting to order a 40L Russted Goat expo, they told me the Russett was only availible for a xtra $130. So I went with the Seal brown. Several days later, Dave Marshal contacted me, saying that there was a mix up about the Russett, and if I still wanted it, I was welcome to change my order. Well, I did. When I'd ordered it, they predicted it shipping out on the 12th(today). I called yesterday morning, just to make sure it would, and they said it had shipped out on the 5th( :D whoa!) and should be arrivingthat very same day(yesterday). Well, I waited all day, expecting the UPS dude to be late, since our carrier has for some reason, doesnt come in the morning's anymore. Well, anyway, he never came. So, my dad came home from work, about 5:15PM, (I was out in the yard doing some work), and he said there was something in the truck I might be interested in. Well, GUESS WHAT! yep, my jacket. It turned out(and I never thought of this) that the UPS carrier had dropped it off at the local Textile's plant(only like 3 miles down the road, where he goes every day) where my dad is the Personel Manager, as he has before, to save a trip to out house.

Anyway, to the jacket. The russett is beautiful, and obviously not screen acurate. Much heavier than my Wested lamb as well. I really love it. Since I ordered a 40L (I have long arms, though I'm only 5'10"), the length is a little longer than I normally like, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches longer than I'd prefer, but I'm willing to go with that. Sleeve length is great. And I feel like I could zip the jacket up and go hang gliding on the collar, they stick so far out to the side. Of course, I did the collar fix on it last night(was that Michaelson's?), and it looks much better this morning. I'll try to post pics later, and I won't try to compare it to my Wested just yet, I want to get used to it first. Pretty sure I'm 99% happy with it, the only thing I tink I don't like is the lenght, and can't fix that. And I think I'm pleased with the Russett, although I have 30 days to decide, or so they tell me.

Ok, I'm fixing to try something, and it may result in pics.

If you can see it, great. The other jacket, for length and color comp, is a year old Wested Raiders in dark brown lamb.
Last edited by IndianaCollins on Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kittlemeier
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kittlemeier »

Sounds great. I'm glad you were able to get the leather you wanted. Did you get the olive drab stitching like Rundquist's? K
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

The collar trick was MK's. Congratulations. Definitely wear it on a regular basis over the next 30 days. You'll proably be amazed how well it will settle to your body frame, and will no longer look like a 'flying squirrel' with the extra side room. Sounds like a PERFECT winter jacket, as you'll have room to wear a sweater underneath! You have a real winner there, my friend! High regards. Michaelson
IndianaCollins
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaCollins »

Nah, I held off on the OD stitch. Just didn't really matter to me that much. Definetly a more vinyl-like appearance, but I assume that once it breaks in, it will look more leatherish. Wore it late yesterday and last night, as it was about 55-60 degrees and has been pretty cool for the past couple of days, great weather for wearing it, and then guess what? today it's 80 degrees outside. The exact same thing happened to me when I recieve my wested lamb last fall. Guess :( it's just this Georgia weather....
Kittlemeier
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kittlemeier »

Where are you in Georgia? I'm in Savannah. K
IndianaCollins
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaCollins »

about 40 miles northwest of Augusta, place called Lincolnton.
SHARPETOYS
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by SHARPETOYS »

I have the FS lamb And the russett A=2 My sleeves were alittle long but as i wear the jackets the folds in the arms of the jacket have taken up the extra length and now they are perfect.
Williamson
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Congratulations......

Post by Williamson »

Glad to hear it arrived. Waiting is never fun........especially when you are envisioning what it will look like, if it will fit.......all the usual apphensions associated with the unseen item that we have waited what seems like an enternity to arrive. Wear it......wear it .......wear it....I am sure you will enjoy it. Regards,Williamson.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

You said a WORLD of truth, Bill. We have two items that we always get in a hurry about, and those are the fedora, and the jacket. They ONLY become a decent piece of personal gear when they're USED and WORN over time, taking on the shape and character of the individual owner. NOBODY should ever make snap decisions regarding these items until they've had them and USED them for a while (with the exception of items obviously to small or large. Common sense will dictate that, of course). Regards. Michaelson
zohar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by zohar »

I'm glad to hear you got what you wanted, Collins. Now where are the pictures?! :)
IndianaCollins
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaCollins »

pics are at the top, Zohar.