New pair of Wells Lamont 1123's

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

New pair of Wells Lamont 1123's

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

I was at the local super walmart, and was getting a pair of pants when i walked past the gloves and noticed Wells Lamont 1123's and i remebered them being discussed here, are they fairly accurate?

p.s. they were the last pair hehe
-Chris
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

Dr Jones,
BUY THEM. If they are for sure the 1123, buy them now. I just sold a pair on ebay, and they went for $132. No joke.

Buy them and get a pair for me too. Seriously. :wink:

Indy J
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

My Wallmart doesn't have any Wells Lamont. Maybe a canadian thing. Maybe we can work something out?
Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

I was with my mom, and told her about them, and she picked them up and said that i couldnt have them till x-mas. but yea they were Wells Lamont 1123 GRIPS, and they were lighter tan, close to white. ill check back in a few weeks, and see if they get anymore, and if so ill try and hook some of you guys up.
-Chris
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

Yes youll lov them if you do a lot of work. We own a farm (but dont live on it) and are up there almost everday doing stuff, those things were lifesaves when we were turning our barn into a horse barn, think of the gashes that the gloves took that would of been on my hands :shudders:
I even have some rust satins on them that look like the blood that Indy got on his, haha.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

are they fairly accurate?
Fairly Accurate? 1123's were the ORIGINAL gloves used in Raiders! If they're still there when you check back there, could you pick up a pair for me, I can send you a paypal check as soon as you tell me. But I will need your e-mail address. By the way, I don't mean to assume that you will pick a pair up for me, but if you do, I take a size Large. Thanks a million! :junior: -IJ
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Correction...there's a 50/50 chance they were the originals. Paramount used both Midwest AND Wells Lamont gloves for their personnel during this time period. It has never been determined WHICH pair Ford borrowed from the 'grip' on the set, so they may or may NOT be the right ones, but either way, they're great gloves. As to the individual paying you $132 for that pair....that's one odd sale! I sure hope the buyer isn't thinking he's getting a pair actually USED in the movie! Though not made anymore, they are still floating around in a lot of inventories today. They REALLY must have wanted a pair BADLY to settle at THAT price. Wow! :shock: Regards. Michaelson
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

My mistake... :junior: -IJ
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Not at all! Congratulations! That kind of sale just doesn't happen very often!! Regards. Michaelson
Kittlemeier
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kittlemeier »

Hey Michaelson, you're having one conversation with two different people. James sold the gloves. Jones said they were the ones used in the film. :D K
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Whatever. Fellers, divide up my comments amongst yourselves as to the ones that apply to you. I'm to busy to sort this out at the moment. :roll: :wink: Regards. Michaelson
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Boy, when I first saw Michaelson's response, I was like "What!?" I was going to correct Michaelson, but I didn't want to embarrass him, and I was a bit confused about the whole thing... :junior: -IJ
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

Michaelson wrote:
I sure hope the buyer isn't thinking he's getting a pair actually USED in the movie!
Nope, the guy was exstatic actually, I priority mailed them to the fellow, and sent me a thank you email because he was so happy to find a pair, and that I got them over there so fast!

Craziness, Rabittooth just sold a MK VII on ebay, no special stamp, sol for about $140!! You never know!

I J
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Boy if I sold a tissue Harrison Ford used, I could probably get a quarter Million for it! :junior: -IJ
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Heck it's Monday. If you haven't noticed, I've even fallen off the site more than once today due to 'inactivity', which for me is a first. What a day! So, use the old 'scattergun effect' in responses, something's bound to hit! (grins) Thanks for straightening me out, Kittle old friend! And you Jones/James boys....uh..... straighten up! 8-[ (an old 'Dad' trick....when confused, bluster your way out!) :wink: Regards. Michaelson
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

chucled out loud after reading that one... :lol: Im expecting to see you follow up your "straighten up" with "and fly right!" next....

I J
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

I'm amazed at how their are new and crazy ways of getting rid of money. It's almost like folks are inventing new ways to do it to themselves!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Oh YEAH....and James, fly right! [-X :wink: Regards. Michaelson
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

Dr. Jones Jr. wrote:....but yea they were Wells Lamont 1123 GRIPS, and they were lighter tan, close to white. ill check back in a few weeks, and see if they get anymore, and if so ill try and hook some of you guys up.
That would be awesome. You definitely have a market here on this site! Thanks for checking for us!

I.J.
Indiana Jason
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wells Lamont 1123 UPC code

Post by Indiana Jason »

Can anyone post the UPC bar code from a pair of the 1123 gloves. Thanks,
~Indiana Jason