Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Andy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wested leather question

Post by Andy »

Hi folks!

3 years ago I bought a Wested "Raiders" jacket in "New dark brown lambskin", as it was called then.

Does anybody know what Wested calls this leather type nowadays? :-k

Thanks in advance

Andy
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

It's the same. Regards. Michaelson
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Sorry to butt-in here, but it seems like an appropriate place to mention:-

My new jacket is dark brown cowhide, and I was expecting it to be VERY different to my authentic lambskin - in fact it is only a little darker and the colour variation is hardly noticable under most lighting. Only in direct sunlight can you see the slightly more chocolate hues of the authentic; but really, they are not worlds apart in terms of colour to my eyes.

Al
SAB
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by SAB »

My new jacket is dark brown cowhide, and I was expecting it to be VERY different to my authentic lambskin - in fact it is only a little darker and the colour variation is hardly noticable under most lighting. Only in direct sunlight can you see the slightly more chocolate hues of the authentic; but really, they are not worlds apart in terms of colour to my eyes.
Thats VERY interesting to me. My dark brown new cowhide should be at my door tommorow I think. I expected it to be a totally different colour to the standard Jones jacket...
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Yup - I was pleasantly suprised.

It IS a lot heavier and tougher, though! Makes you wanna lash your whip to the bumper of the nearest truck.... :wink:
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

It IS a lot heavier and tougher, though! Makes you wanna lash your whip to the bumper of the nearest truck.... :wink:
Gee, and I thought I was the only one who did that on a daily basis... :lol: :junior: -IJ
SAB
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by SAB »

It IS a lot heavier and tougher, though! Makes you wanna lash your whip to the bumper of the nearest truck....
Again, this is awesome. Tough and heavy is what I want :D