Wearing Indygear paid off

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Blackthorne Rose
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Wearing Indygear paid off

Post by Blackthorne Rose »

I attended a Halloween party this weekend and actually one the costume contest. I appeared in full gear with my new Keppler in place and kept getting questions about where I got everything. The prize was just some tickets to the theater but it felt pretty cool to win something for something I love to wear anyway.
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Cool Story. m When do we get to see pics of the Keppler? Seeing how well my dorfman looked on ya, that Keppler must look beautiful.

Regards, Daryl.
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

That reminds me of a story I heard on the radio yesterday.
One of the local rock stations were having their annual halloween party with costume contest and the DJ was saying some guy dressed in Jason mask won the contest. Albeit, under the mask he did some Jason-ish makeup as well, but I bet if I were and single and still going to those type of partys... :wink:
Sheffield Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Sheffield Jones »

I guess this counts.....

I went into Dillards today to look for an Indy-Type shirt wearing (of course)My FED and Leather Jacket(That wasn't all,but you get my drift). I found what I was looking for when a female clerk asked if she could help me.I told her no thanks I was just browsing.She then asked me about my hat and where I got it from she said it just screamed "Indiana Jones",so I told her all about it.She said lately there had been alot of guys looking for a hat like Indy's.During our conversation she scaned the shirt to see if it was marked down(Darn it,it wasn't!!!)Because she was doing mark downs.She had to answer the phone so I went on and looked around for about 15 more mins.When i finally checked out something didn't seem right,so i checked the recept and shure enough she only charged me $22.00 for a $32.00 Shirt.When I started to Question it she held her finger to her lips,winked,smiled,and said "Have a good day Dr. Jones."
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

You **** :lol:

Regards, Daryl.
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

You know what, that's funny. I have seen a few guys wearing fedora type hats since the release of the DVD's, and I myself have worn my akubra out on many occassions now and had only admiring comments or no comments at all. I love that hat.

Hats are back man! It's official!

I know, for some gearheads they have never been gone... :lol:

Al
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

It's criminal that they ever went out.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

You know what, that's funny. I have seen a few guys wearing fedora type hats since the release of the DVD's,
Just this past Sunday at church one of our young college guys was wearing a suit with what screamed to me as a Henry Jones Sr. wool cap. I had to wonder if he'd been watching Last Crusade. A fedora would have looked so much better.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

Holly, is there ANY outfit that isn't made better with a fedora?
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Renderking Fisk wrote:Holly, is there ANY outfit that isn't made better with a fedora?
Hmmm, as a female living in Texas, I must admit that a cowboy hat coupled with a tight pair of Wranglers on a guy looks pretty good to my eye. :wink:

Hey that last bit rhymes!