Whip Basics Vol. III / Compilation

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Whip Basics
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Whip Basics Vol. III / Compilation

Post by Whip Basics »

By the end of this month, Vol. III will be released. The Volumes I & II were completely reshot, together
with the making of Vol. III. There were legal problems, but now (by producing everything new from scratch)
everything's fine. Aside of the single DVDs there will be a compilation with all three DVDs in one package.
If you're interested, on the homepage are the retailers you can get them. The whole thing looks like that:

Please tell me what you think - like it? :)

Thanks to all of you and take care,
Robby

http://www.Whip-Basics.com
SHoWhips
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Whip Basics Vol. III / Compilation

Post by SHoWhips »

Hi Robby,

I really like the idea of all three volumes together in one package. Sorry to hear of the
legal problems but as you said, it offered you an opportunity of being able to reshoot.
I look forward to ordering it soon. Thanks for the update.

~Scott
Indiana County Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana County Jr. »

Hi Robby!

I like the new look of the DVD cases, and I can't wait to get the third volume! \:D/ . For those of us who already own the original volumes, is there a lot of difference between the reshoots versus the originals?

Crack On! :whip:
Allen
Whip Basics
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Whip Basics »

Hi Scott & Allan...!

Thanks for your comments. As for the new edition of the whip basics DVDs - no worries. The "new" Vol. I & II have more runtime than the first edition. About 15 minutes each. On the cover's written "runtime 50 minutes", but in fact it's a bit more than an hour. The teaching, the explanations are pretty much the same as before, so you can get Vol. III and just go on with your training. The main difference is, that the explanations about the Coachman's Crack and the slow figure eight are more specific about the "by the book way" and a very relaxed version - which in fact I prefer. And the target version is bigger. That's it. Again - you can watch Vol. III and use everything from the first edition. As I wrote, it was a copyright matter which lead to this completely new production. For the optics - all Volumes have now the same design. The DVD menues, the covers and so on. It was important for me to create the 2nd edition in a way, that no one has any kind of disadvantage by having the first edition. As soon as the first clips are released, I'll put in the links here.

Thanks again and take care,
Robby

http://www.Whip-Basics.com
ichnob
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ichnob »

This is great news. Can't wait to get the compilation next month. I still haven't ordered the first two volumes, so the compilation is music to my ears.
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Robby, Thanks for updating us on the progress for Whip-Basics Vol III. I have been wondering how things were going with this project.

I enjoyed the sample clips you posted on youtube and am looking forward to seeing it. It is a shame that you had to go to all the trouble to re-shoot Volumes I and II again. But it will be interesting to see how the how the new versions look with the additional footage.

Dan
LemonLauren
Vendor

Post by LemonLauren »

Very nice, Robby, and congratulations! I look forward to seeing Vol. III.

Lauren Wickline
www.midwestwhips.com
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Where's the Blu-ray?