Wested trousers latest version pics pls

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

indygr
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Wested trousers latest version pics pls

Post by indygr »

Hello to all,

I was wandering what the latest version of Wested trousers look like. I have noticed that are a lot of variations in the final product that don't depend on the time of the acquisition.

Any pics would be very helpful. I might be in a need for a new pair.

Many thanks!
Indygr
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Wested trousers latest version pics pls

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I just placed an order yesterday, so when they show up I can post the absolute latest! 8)
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

I've ordered pants, jacket and shirt at the end of December; received in the first middle of February 2009.
So I believe that my trousers are from the newest batch.

Look here: CLICK FOR THE GALLERY! ;)
jmacpix
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by jmacpix »

Ordered these on April 25 and they arrived yesterday so I think they are the latest version.

nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Are there any noticable differences to previous versions?
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Ok seriously- Is it REALLY that hard to get the pocket flaps right?!?!?!? I mean come on, they have the HERO trousers in their possession!!! :roll: [-X

Kyle
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

knibs7 wrote:Ok seriously- Is it REALLY that hard to get the pocket flaps right?!?!?!? I mean come on, they have the HERO trousers in their possession!!! :roll: [-X

Kyle
I agree with you. That kind of questions appears in any topic about Wested products and, at this days, there's no valid aswers... :-s
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

knibs7 wrote:Ok seriously- Is it REALLY that hard to get the pocket flaps right?!?!?!? I mean come on, they have the HERO trousers in their possession!!! :roll: [-X

Kyle
and the original patterns for the jacket made for harrison ford in raiders of the lost ark :P
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

G, why don't you check and see if TN has a buddy who makes pants, on your visit ?? :lol:
indygr
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indygr »

Thanks for the pics guys!

Chewbacca, I ll wait also for your pictures. The reason I asked for pics was that on a previous thread a fellow member posted a pic of his Wested trousers that they were a lot different than these. The pockets, the belt loop placement, and the big pleat were different.

These trousers have a nice design but in order to be closer to the original the following should be changed:
1) Belt loop placement.
2) The middle (big) pleat should be moved more towards the button fly.
3) The pockets should be redesigned.

These changes are easy to be made by a tailor.

Thanks again!
Indygr
Alkali Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Alkali Jones »

Hey All,

To add to Indygr's (et al) list, they also have an attached waistband instead of a false waistband, the seams over the back pockets aren't sloped, both pleats are mis-positioned, I supose it goes without saying that they're missing one belt loop, the pocket fabric is white instead of brown, wrong number of fly buttons (four instead of five), they added a tack at the bottom of the front pockets, but my, isn't the color nice? I could go on.

Wested, please address this!

Dan S
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Got mine today. They are identical to the pics posted here by jmacpix and BazzanoJones. Same everything, so it seems the current pattern is less SA than the previous one. :roll: Oh, well. Doesn't bother me too much.
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:Got mine today. They are identical to the pics posted here by jmacpix and BazzanoJones. Same everything, so it seems the current pattern is less SA than the previous one. :roll: Oh, well. Doesn't bother me too much.
For me this is unbelievable. It's a fact: I've paid the same amount money for a worst product.
This really bother me, dear Wested...really... :tdown:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Chill out a bit Bazzano! :)

Wested have never announced any release of pants based on the NH screen used pants.

If there is an issue with belt loops it may be just switching between one supplier and another, the pants are manufactured off site in the UK.

As far as I know, they have not released new patterns to their supplier(s). Although I could be wrong! :)

Their pants still remain very nice high quality items, made from cavalry twill. Anywhere else I'd expect you to have to pay £100 or more for a pair.
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

Kt Templar wrote:Chill out a bit Bazzano! :)

Wested have never announced any release of pants based on the NH screen used pants.

If there is an issue with belt loops it may be just switching between one supplier and another, the pants are manufactured off site in the UK.

As far as I know, they have not released new patterns to their supplier(s). Although I could be wrong! :)

Their pants still remain very nice high quality items, made from cavalry twill. Anywhere else I'd expect you to have to pay £100 or more for a pair.
You're right about the price, KT: it's a bargain and materials are very good. But this isn't the point.

The point is that I have paid the same money of other peoples, but I have received a less accurate pair of pants. And this is a fact. Sorry, but it's not my problem if Wested refer to many suppliers and the recent manifacturer put less details in the pants. It's not my problem, because I've paid the same money as other guys had paid for a better pair of pants.
This, from my point of view, it's a Wested problem.

Wested would have to look more at this kind of details because if I bought this pair of pants I want INDY pants, and not any other pair of pants. Especially if I discaver that few month ago they sell a better version of it! #-o

Hope to have suceed to explain my point of view with my rough use of the english language. ;)
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

That's fine Bazzano, at the end of the day, if you don't like them you can send them back and get some from someone else.

Things move very slowly when you see it from our perspective, and sometimes it is worth makers just not releasing information as people get all excited and then discouraged.

At some point Wested may revise their shirts and pants. But it hasn't happened yet. AFAIK.
indygr
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indygr »

Bazzano's concerns are acceptable. A customer has the right to complain about something he considers not correct. In the end, there is the option to send them back if someone is unhappy with them.

We have also to consider though that Wested is a Leather Company. Peter always gives the priority to the jackets which are made either at Wested or overseas under license and supervision.

I also agree that the shirts and pants should be more accurate. I also would like to purchase accurate trousers but I ll wait until Wested will introduce a new generation. My only concern is that the more accurate and tailored trousers the customers request, the more expensive will the offering be.

Indygr
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Another thing to consider is they orders x number in 28, x number in 30, x number in 32 etc. Some sell through quicker than others. So if a new factory comes on stream the more common sizes will be the new stock and some of the less common the old.

What is the seller supposed to do incinerate all the left over stock?

Usually if you buy an item there is a disclaimer, colour and contents may vary. It is a fact of life.
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

Kt Templar wrote: What is the seller supposed to do incinerate all the left over stock?
Usually if you buy an item there is a disclaimer, colour and contents may vary. It is a fact of life.
Yes, I know that if I'm not happy about the item and I can send it back but, another time, the point isn't that.

First, Wested site not report any kind of advice like "colour and contents may vary".
Second (and most important) is that they sold more accurate pants in the past and then change it to a less accurate pattern but maintaining the same price. I'm a customer and I don't like this way of conduct.

If I buy a standard car at xx moneys and I discover that one month ago they sell that identical car with all optionals at the same xx moneys, well...I'll start to doubt about the car company marketing politics.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

That actually happens all the time. Specifications change daily in cars, breakfast cereal, EVERYTHING. If you want them to get pedantic and label everything colour and contents, they sure can do everyone else does.

Look, your beef is with them. Talk to them.
jmacpix
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by jmacpix »

The pants I received, and have posted pictures of here, are exactly the same as the ones pictured on the Wested website. (see below)

Last edited by jmacpix on Tue May 12, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indygr
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indygr »

Can it be the case that Bazzano's trousers as Chewbacca's as well as mine are of the old stock which there was a big quantity produced on that size instead the correct ones are from a new batch of trousers but a different size, therefore new??

Bazzano, what size are your trousers? Do we know what size were the correct trousers of the fellow member?

Indygr
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

Kt Templar wrote: Look, your beef is with them. Talk to them.
Certainly I'll do through mail. But I think that this design fact can interest all details-oriented people and Wested itself. I've read many answers by Peter on this board about similar questions.
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

indygr wrote:Bazzano, what size are your trousers? Do we know what size were the correct trousers of the fellow member?
My pants size is 32 ;)
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

BazzanoJones wrote:
indygr wrote:Bazzano, what size are your trousers? Do we know what size were the correct trousers of the fellow member?
My pants size is 32 ;)
Mine are 36, but I should have ordered 34: I had no idea they went by jeans sizes in stead of measurements :?

And they were ordered July last year, so quite some time ago.

Regards, Geert
indygr
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indygr »

Mine are 34.

Hmm...difficult to understand. :-k

Indygr
SciFlyGuy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by SciFlyGuy »

gwyddion wrote:
BazzanoJones wrote:
My pants size is 32 ;)
Mine are 36, but I should have ordered 34: I had no idea they went by jeans sizes in stead of measurements :?

And they were ordered July last year, so quite some time ago.

Regards, Geert

Are the latest pants baggy/oversized?

The only reason I ask is because I bought a pair about a year ago (36 waist) and they're borderline clown-pants even though I wear 36" waist jeans. I was going to get another set and was wondering if I should get the 34" instead.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

My new ones are not "clown pants" to be sure. They are actually trimmer than my Noel Howards. When the tailor is done hemming them I'll post photos of me wearing them.

As for waist size, I ordered 44, and they fit exactly like every pair of store-bought 44's I own. Which is, 1 inch too big (I measure 43). So, maybe some people need to re-measure themselves. These guys are dead-on.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Well, good to hear they are dead on now, but mine were about 2" bigger than my actual waist measurement and the size on the tag.
However, since the tag stating it is cotton has proven to be in error, I'm willing to believe the sizing tag was also the wrong one.

Regards, Geert
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

I'm confused by this. I thought back in the original thread about the NH ToD jacket, that Wested was making patterns from the shirt and trousers as well, and also had access to the NH patterns. It was stated that Wested was already using the same material that NH had been.
Is this not the case or are these trousers we are seeing the old stock?
indygr
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indygr »

Hi RC,

Designing new trousers and shirts using the original NH patterns was only an idea that Wested had and it would have been a future project. That's why I still hope that in the near future they will offer new shirts and trousers. However, the issue here is the cost....more tailored and closer to NH specs the trousers and shirts will be, the higher their cost. Moreover, Wested might have other projects in mind or has first to sell its current stock.

The best thing in my opinion is, during a next visit to London, to spend a morning visiting Wested house and choose the trousers which best look screen accurate.

Indygr
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

the new shirts and pants wont happen for quite some time still.

I had Peter on the phone and he said to me that they have TOO much to do. saddly for us that means no pants or shirts in the nearest future.
Dutch_jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Dutch_jones »

Indiana Holt wrote:the new shirts and pants wont happen for quite some time still.

I had Peter on the phone and he said to me that they have TOO much to do. saddly for us that means no pants or shirts in the nearest future.
Thats a shame, but then again back with NH he did that stuff on the side too but he had it done by another company. Wested has their jackets which is a big part of their business. I think their trousers don't look that bad ! Hard to say someone post a pic while wearing them?
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Dutch_jones wrote:
Indiana Holt wrote:the new shirts and pants wont happen for quite some time still.

Thats a shame, but then again back with NH he did that stuff on the side too but he had it done by another company. Wested has their jackets which is a big part of their business. I think their trousers don't look that bad ! Hard to say someone post a pic while wearing them?
I can understand, Wested's business is making leather jackets, the rest (Indy pants and shirts) is a much smaller market I'm sure.
If the shirts and pants are subcontracted, I would think changing the pattern, once ready, wouldn't be too difficult. It should be a matter of putting aside the old and using the new for the subcontractor?

Whatever company NH had do his will probably still have their patterns?

Anyway, sounds like it eventually will happen.