My Another Fedoraiders SOC Hat ( Distress Video)

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

fedoraiders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

My Another Fedoraiders SOC Hat ( Distress Video)

Post by fedoraiders »

Hello everyone! This is my another Fedoraiders SOC hat, made with a Judith felt. I distress this hat like as Deborah Nadoolman told on the Making of Raider of the Lost Ark but me, i put my hat in my pocket for this video. My video finish like my favorite scene in Raiders.

Deborah Nadoolman, i love you for your good hat choice in Raiders!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5f_6QaK ... annel_page

Thanks for looking!

Jason
Last edited by fedoraiders on Fri May 08, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: My Another Fedoraiders SOC Hat ( Distress Video)

Post by Erri »

hat in a pocket! wow I've never seen that before :lol:
looks cool thanks for the video. The hat in the picture you posted looks identical to the scene when Indy is hanging off the Mercedes truck, you know which one I mean?
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Aaaaagggghhhh!
](*,)
I want one of those hats of yours SO bad it HURTS!
:cry:
Jason, I am a huge fan of yours, my friend!
:clap:
And if I get my way, I'm going to make sure that the phrase "That's my fedora in my pocket" catches on around here.
;)
You're awesome, pal!
Brimming over with "the spirit of Indy"...
:notworthy:
Cheers!
Mitch
IndyGeek78
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyGeek78 »

Cracking looking lid my friend. Good work :notworthy:
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Hey Fox, is that a fedora in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? :lol:

Dave
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Awww Dave...
Shucks.
:oops:
If Jason ever lets me buy one of his Custom (or Used) "Fedoraiders" Hats, there'll be a hat in my pocket AND I'll be glad to see ya!
;)
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Glad to hear it...just keep a foot of distance, my friend. ;)

I agree with the above statement. The hat you posted, Jason, looks more like the one in the chase scene than the SoC hat. The Cairo hat has this huge bulge on the right side. You can clearly see the ribbon bulging and then the top of the hat bulge as well. It is a very interesting affect and one that, I think, cannot be reproduced without much difficulty. If you can get the aht to bulge like that, I think you will have a very close replica.

Dave
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

What I like the best about this is that this is how Indy would have naturally distressed his hats. A world traveler that he is, you just know he crammed that hat into a pocket, or suitcase, or MK VII bag, or something. I think thats why the Raiders hat is so attractive to a lot of us, the distressing represents a lifestyle of which most of us are very jealous of! Sure the other hats are dusty and slightly rumpled but the Raiders hat has been rode hard and put up wet...many, many times.

Travis
fedoraiders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by fedoraiders »

Hollowpond wrote:What I like the best about this is that this is how Indy would have naturally distressed his hats. A world traveler that he is, you just know he crammed that hat into a pocket, or suitcase, or MK VII bag, or something. I think thats why the Raiders hat is so attractive to a lot of us, the distressing represents a lifestyle of which most of us are very jealous of! Sure the other hats are dusty and slightly rumpled but the Raiders hat has been rode hard and put up wet...many, many times.

Travis
Thank you guys!

You are right Travis. The last year, i'm went in vacation to Disney World with my family and often, i put my Fédération in my back pocket jean or in my Indy bag beacause, it's too hot to kept the hat 12 hours or because the rain.

Jason
fedoraiders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by fedoraiders »

DR Ulloa wrote:Glad to hear it...just keep a foot of distance, my friend. ;)

I agree with the above statement. The hat you posted, Jason, looks more like the one in the chase scene than the SoC hat. The Cairo hat has this huge bulge on the right side. You can clearly see the ribbon bulging and then the top of the hat bulge as well. It is a very interesting affect and one that, I think, cannot be reproduced without much difficulty. If you can get the aht to bulge like that, I think you will have a very close replica.

Dave
You are right Dave when you tell ( The hat you posted, Jason, looks more like the one in the chase scene than the SoC hat. The Cairo hat has this huge bulge on the right side. )

Before putting my hat in my pocket, my hat has a bulge ( look the picture ) but after putting in my pocket, the bulge is not visible. It,s very hard treatment for a felt hat, lol.

Before

After

Jason
Indiana Leon
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Leon »

Wooow! The hat looks very great! Awesome! Great job, Fedoraiders. :notworthy: :clap:
3thoubucks
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by 3thoubucks »

That hat looks fantastic. I don't see the reverse taper I noticed before, maybe because the camera is further away. You don't see many videos here, even though it's the only honest way to evaluate a hat, and that's clearly a great SOC. :shock:
The Penitent Man
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by The Penitent Man »

The Lid Looks just like the the one on cover of the Indy Dvd Trilogy...Awesome :D