David Morgan Bullwhip 10' CUSTOM 16-Plait Indiana Jones

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Indiana County Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

David Morgan Bullwhip 10' CUSTOM 16-Plait Indiana Jones

Post by Indiana County Jr. »

Hey folks,
Wow, just saw this on the 'bay....

Link removed... sorry Moderators!

I have never seen photos of one of these before...

Crack On! :whip:
Allen
Last edited by Indiana County Jr. on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whipwarrior

Re: David Morgan Bullwhip 10' CUSTOM 16-Plait Indiana Jones

Post by whipwarrior »

This used to be called the Classic Bullwhip in the DM catalog, and were only available in 6 and 8-foot lengths. Somehow this lucky guy sweet talked Mr. Morgan into crafting him a 10-footer. They were originally priced from $600 to $800, so at the base auction price of $649, he is practically GIVING this thing away! Whoever ends up walking away with this beauty will have a true collectible, since David no longer offers them. I would SO be all over this if I were still single, and had the money to blow on it.

P.S. - =P~ =P~ =P~
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

No ebay links. :)

*My apologies BullwhipBorton*
Last edited by WhipDude on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana County Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

WhipDude,
Thank you for kindly reminding me, I had forgotten about the policy on this. Mods, please feel free to delete this thread. My apologies, I only meant to share it :oops: ( I have removed the link). Whipwarrior, thank you for the info, I really appreciate it. ;)

Allen
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

No E-bay links Allen, but since you already edited your post to remove it, No harm, no foul.

Whipdude, While I appreciate your blunt reminder of the rules, next time try being a bit more civil in your additional comments, I somehow doubt those where really needed to drive home your point.

Anyway Allen, Since you’ve never seen one of these before and you seem interested, this whip was a 10ft variation on David’s Classic Bullwhips which he stopped offering a few years ago. They where 16-plait with an 8 way seam coming off the handle and then transitioning into the standard 4 way seams. These had 3 plaited underbellies as apposed to the 2 in the regular 450 series which often gave them a more robust look in comparison and where finished with a 8plait point rather then the 6 plait point in the 450 series whips.

As it stated in the catalog, These where made to meet the needs of those requiring a high quality whip for precision work in target cutting or multiple cracking. The whip has the same balance and shape as the 450s but rather then being designed towards resisting damage from impact and abrasion in stunt use, it was designed towards resisting the high stress of constant practice and towards attaining the smoothest action possible and the most stability of shape retention over long use.

Here are a couple more (and nicer looking ones if you ask me) examples of these 16 plait classic David Morgan bullwhips

Photos originally posted by its owner and member, Genexs

And the first one David Made, photographed by Bernardo Del Carpio

Enjoy.

Dan
Indiana County Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Hi Dan,

Those are amazing pictures, thank you for posting them! :notworthy: Looking at them made me think about the thickness of the thongs on them, from my perspective they look almost as thick as thong on the new Indy 4 Jacka whip. Very impressive braiding. I also wanted to say thank you for the information on the whip.

Allen
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

They look a little too thick and bulky for my taste, but you can't deny the craftsmanship there..! :tup:

Shane
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

I'm with Shane on this.

Franco
genexs
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by genexs »

Hiya:

BullwhipB, thanx for reposting pics of my whip. I get lots of compliments on it when I pull that one out of my whip bag. Sad to say, it's probably one of the last one of those he made.

best,
Gene