Mini Indy whips

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

nammann
Vendor

Mini Indy whips

Post by nammann »

Hello All,

I have a mini bullwhip that I wanted to share, this one pictured has a 6 inch steel nail, leather core, 4 plait kangaroo belly, double bolster and an 8 plait kangaroo overlay ending in 6 plait.

But, I am going to start producing mini Indy style bullwhips with a 6 inch steel nail, wear leather, leather core, (2) kangaroo 4 plaited bellies and 2 bolsters and finish with the standard 12 plait kangaroo overlay which should look very similar to the standard Indy style whips and these will be a total length of 3.5 feet. I should have some pictures of this style up in the next couple days.

Take care,

Nick
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Mini Indy whips

Post by Canuck Digger »

Very nice Nick!

Also, I think the choice to go 8 plait is a good one; it looks very nice on it!

Congrats!

Franco
nammann
Vendor

Post by nammann »

Thanks Franco

I do think the 8 plait looks good on these, I have noticed as I work with the 12 plait with the mini whips although it looks "Indy" but it just does not look as good as the 8 plait does. The 8 plait seems to work better with the smaller whips like these. I guess I will have to post both on here and ask for opinions on which one more people would like to have and then go with that.

Nick
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

"I guess I will have to post both on here and ask for opinions"

Nah, yer the whipmaker, you decide what you want to make. And it's fine as is.

Franco
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

My 5 year old and 7 year old were looking over my shoulder as I was looking at this post (both are avid whip crackers) and they told me to tell you... =P~ =P~ !

High Regards!

Travis
(and Gavin and Carter)
Marhala
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Marhala »

Whenever I see one of your pocket bulls, Nick, or a pocket snake, I feel SOOOOO tempted to buy one to carry it with me all day, in case it is required, if you know what I mean... :twisted:

Just kidding! :mrgreen:
nammann
Vendor

Post by nammann »

HEy All

If anyone is interested in these mini whips just send me a PM and I can fill you in with all the details, I have one of these that I crack occasionally and they are fun to use.

Thanks for the comments!

Take care,

Nick