AB orders 2008

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

AB orders 2008

Post by gabrielle »

Hi all. Has anyone received an AB they ordered in 2008? I ordered May 2008 and just wondered where we were in terms of dates. I guess I'm getting excited again because in a month or so it will be my 1 year anniversary!!! =P~

I'm drooling for my AB, lol
Last edited by gabrielle on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: AB orders 2008

Post by IndianaChris711 »

I ordered in January of 2008, but I think it took me a while to get my payment there since I sent a check, so I don't think it was still late February or March maybe when he got my check. So nope I have not gotten a hat either gabrielle, I think it will be a while before my hat gets here, maybe over the summer, I don't know.

IndianaChris
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

I wonder if Steve alerts you that your fedora is on the block or that it shipped or anything? It's always so windy here I've already had packages blow right off my porch into the yard. Thank God the hedges caught them or they would be in Oz by now.

Don't think I wouldn't fight a munchkin for my AB, you bet I would!!! :lol:
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

gabrielle wrote:I wonder if Steve alerts you that your fedora is on the block or that it shipped or anything? It's always so windy here I've already had packages blow right off my porch into the yard. Thank God the hedges caught them or they would be in Oz by now.

Don't think I wouldn't fight a munchkin for my AB, you bet I would!!! :lol:
:rolling: :lol: I did not know there was munchkins living not that far away. I know Steve usually sends hats USPS, and the box is huge. At least that is what the box looked like on my AB HJ. Our postal worker usually comes to the door with a package that big, but if no one is home they usually leave a pick up package slip in the mailbox with the mail or sometimes they will leave it on the doorstep. We don't have a whole lot of wind here right now, but I can see why you could worry about that.

I am not sure if Steve notifies you when the hat is shipping, but he may or may not. I know he is extremely busy making hats, but I have heard others say he did e-mail them back saying their hat was shipping soon or something like that.

IndianaChris
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

That would be wonderful!!! I'll call out sick that day so I have all day to play with my AB...

:-$ :lol: :lol:
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

My orderversarry was up a couple days ago. I've spoken to Steve a few times since ordering but not about hats and once fairly recently. Neither he nor myself mentioned the order, except to discuss specs, so I would imagine its still a few months off.

Dave
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I seem to recall that he sends everything 'delivery confirmation' now, and copies customers with the confirmation number. A few of the hatters have gotten into the habit of sending hats in a trackable way due to misdeliveries and theft becoming more common. :(
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

My hat was ordered in November of 2007 - and I have heard that these ones are still a few months off. Patience is the key.
jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jedidentist »

I volunteered to keep the "list" but it created too many issues, so it's gone. To answer most questions:

-don't e-mail him asking for updates...you'll get it when you get it, and it just keeps him from making hats
-people post pics when they receive them...keep an eye out, and that can give you a rough estimate as to where he is on the list
-don't e-mail him saying, "Bobo got his hat yesterday and his order was placed 3 weeks after mine"...Steve goes by sizes, and the less common sizes get made a little faster
-it seems that you may get an e-mail or PM when your hat is on it's way, but not everyone has received one
-call or e-mail him if you have a legitimate question or change regarding your order...keeping in mind that he might not get to your e-mail for a few days, and if he hasn't responded in a week, try again.

That being said, I'm not a friend of Steve, and I have no direct communication with him...just someone who's been waiting since August 2007 and watching a lot of threads. That being said, he has had several computer crashes, and he stated in one of his previous postings that he was on September 2007 orders...thus I actually e-mailed him for the first time in a long time a few days ago (haven't received a response yet) because of his posting and not because of other people's guesstimates of his time line. He did lose or misplace some orders, but I would not assume that your's was lost unless you're like me, and he's stated that he's on the next month's order.

Derek
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Thanks for all of the info Derek
jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jedidentist »

As a follow-up, I just received an e-mail from Steve that my hat's going on the block in the next few days. Again, took a week for him to get to my e-mail (I think I read that he gets at least 100/day), but he gets to them.
JulianK
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JulianK »

January 2008....and still waiting.
FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by FloatinJoe »

Guys,

According to Steve's Mar Wed 18, 2009 10:57 am post in the thread Where's Fedora?, he is currently on the September through November 2007 orders.

Any chance of these threads stopping.... I doubt it.

Mike
jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jedidentist »

Which is sort of why I offered to mod "The List". No commentary allowed, just the list when people ordered theirs and who's received theirs. Ideally, that would put an end to it.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

And of course I had the list briefly until I was sent numerous PM's from some people who were angry and was forced to drop it - but I think I sent it to JediDentist at that time.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

jedidentist wrote:Which is sort of why I offered to mod "The List". No commentary allowed, just the list when people ordered theirs and who's received theirs. Ideally, that would put an end to it.
It wouldn't work that way: You also have to take block-sizes and block-styles into account. E.g. lets say Fedora had 50 people wanting a size 23" of which 45 wanted a CS and only 5 wanted a Raiders. In this example the people who ordered a Raiders AB would probably not have to wait as long as those who ordered a CS. Now, adding to that example that he had only 4 orders for a size 24" and you already get a pretty complex model, never mind adding all block-sizes for the two block-styles. On top of all that there will be rush orders that will throw off any predictability that's left.

In short I don't think a list of who got what when is going to give a good indication.

Regards, Geert
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

At least someone other than me gets it. :roll:

Dave
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

It was never to be meant as a definitive list....for example what about people outside COW that ordered?

It was merely to be a bit of fun to pass the time while waiting to see when people received theirs...that's all.

enough said.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

I didn't say you did, but it will be read like that nicktheguy. Especialy if it gets turned into a bare list.

I'm not attacking you guys, just stating my doubts that a list would be usefull. For those who like to build up anticipation, and wouldn't assume such a list would actualy say something on when they would get their hats, that list can indeed be great fun.

Regards, Geert
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

I never thought the list would be useful. Just a way to pass the time while waiting.

And waiting

and waiting
and waiting.....

but well worth the wait.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Well... There's always the "post your Adventurbilt thread ;)

Just for the record: I understand why you were running the list, but I fear a lot of people just didn't see/won't see it for what it is and read more into it than intended by you :?

yep, it's a strange place this is :lol:

Regards, Geert
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Actually I wasn't running the list - I took it over from another member because he got too tired dealing with it. I did so for about two weeks before I stopped due to the hate PM's I was getting.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

I know ;) I didnt post in it (I didn't have an AB on order) but read that thread religeously :)

Regards, Geert
XPLSV
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by XPLSV »

What's the saying....a watched pot never boils? :lol: When I placed my order back in November 2007, I knew there would be a wait. Turns out it has been longer than what was forecast at the time...but I think I would still have ordered had I know the length that it has turned out to be!

On a somewhat related note, I recently dug up some paperwork in my files on a Randall Made Knife that I order several years ago. It's been about 3 1/3 years since I placed the order and if the expected ship date remains true, I've got 1 2/3 years to go. The wait for a knife ordered today is 58 months. They've had a lot of experience for many, many years with figuring out the wait times, as opposed to Steve just jumping into the torrent. Sometimes I worry that I might not live to see this or that item...but I guess if such were the case it, it really wouldn't be bothering me. And I know my son would happily take possession of said hat or said knife that arrived in the mail addressed in his name (same as mine). ;)
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

I draw the line at a 5 year wait. To me nothing is worth waiting 5 years. I would buy another brand of knife!!! :shock:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

What, the 'list' discussion rears it's ugly head yet again?! :shock: #-o

Like the jacket threads, or other gear threads, some folks read them for entertainment, and others read them as being ironclad gospel. I, too, received PM's from irrate AB customers who used the 'list' as being 'proof' of a lag time in delivery from Steve.

Keeping in mind that between September and December of 2007 Steve received over 500 orders for hats, and him being a one man operation, YOU do the math of how many he's cranking out per day during a 16 to 20 hour day, 6-7 day work week. You SHOULD be able to figure out the only thing the 'list' did was raise the blood pressure of the majority of the readers who found it, including many of us who had no 'dogs in the fight', but got drug into the fray anyway.

Once he clears out that log jam of 500 hats (which he's doing as we speak), the order numbers fall off dramatically, and he WILL be back to a more normal turn around. He's posted this on a couple occasions himself, but apparently it bears repeating.

So, please, let's not bring up the 'list' again, if you don't mind. =;

Regards! Michaelson
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

That's it Michaelson....You're on the LIST!
(just kiding) :lol: :P

---I had a teacher when I was a kid who told the unruly ones they were on the list...come to think of it that sounds kind of creepy now when I look back.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I've been on so many 'lists' in my life, what's one more... :roll: :lol:

;)

Regards! Michaelson
falcon7838
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by falcon7838 »

gabrielle wrote:I draw the line at a 5 year wait. To me nothing is worth waiting 5 years. I would buy another brand of knife!!! :shock:
I am pretty new here and this is my second posting so I just had to say that when I ordered my AB I was not a member of COW and had no idea of a the wait time that was involved, I just wanted a nice hat, I ordered mine 5/8/08.
That being said had I known it would take this long I would not have ordered it. Mayby he should post that on his web page and that would cut the waiting list down some.
Capt.Herp
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Capt.Herp »

falcon7838 wrote:
gabrielle wrote:I draw the line at a 5 year wait. To me nothing is worth waiting 5 years. I would buy another brand of knife!!! :shock:
I am pretty new here and this is my second posting so I just had to say that when I ordered my AB I was not a member of COW and had no idea of a the wait time that was involved, I just wanted a nice hat, I ordered mine 5/8/08.
That being said had I known it would take this long I would not have ordered it. Mayby he should post that on his web page and that would cut the waiting list down some.
This sounds so grim that there's a pretty good chance I'll just stick with my HJ.
FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by FloatinJoe »

falcon7838,

Welcome to the club (meaning Club Obi Wan, not the waiting club). Putting something on his order page is the only suggestion on this topic that I've made and will make. I've waited years on orders of other items (including guns and knives). But when you go into the purchase knowing how long it will take, you seem to be more patient about it. When I placed my order with Steve, I specifically told him that I wasn't in a rush. I was more concerned with securing one of the remaining grey bodies he had left from the film's production. When he gets to it, he gets to it.

Mike
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Welcome falcon and congrats on ordering an AB. To be fair, though, Steve does have a disclaimer on his site. Clcik on the Indiana Jones and AB line, or something like that, and it says that there is a lengthy wait invloved. I agree, though, that there should be a warning somewhere on the ordering and pricing page.

Dave
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

Hey, the way I look at it, if people are irate and want to call and complain and cancel their AB order, that's fine with me. That'll just move me up 'one hat on the block.' And ultimately, that'll be one less hat that Steve will have to make. At this point, I don't think he needs the extra $$. I'm sure he'd rather be that much closer to the end of his list. We all knew, when we placed our order, that we'd have a long wait ahead of us. In my opinion, good things come to those who wait. ;)

Kind regards,
Craig
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Michaelson wrote:Keeping in mind that between September and December of 2007 Steve received over 500 orders for hats, and him being a one man operation, YOU do the math of how many he's cranking out per day during a 16 to 20 hour day, 6-7 day work week. You SHOULD be able to figure out the only thing the 'list' did was raise the blood pressure of the majority of the readers who found it, including many of us who had no 'dogs in the fight', but got drug into the fray anyway.

Regards! Michaelson
500 Hat orders between September and December!! :shock: That is quite a lot of hats. Well I guess that means I am likely getting my hat by the end of this year or next year. Maybe Marc's apprentice needs to be sent to Steve for a while. ;) As for me I have been pretty patient already been a year and three months since my order. But I am not too worried about it, my hat gets here when it gets here.

IndianaChris711
Ozraptor
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Ozraptor »

So… if I ordered my brown Crystal Skull fedora in March 2008, will I receive it before September? I'm skipping the country around then and it would be a pain to have to send it overseas.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Get in contact with Steve and tell him your situation. If you will probably receive it before September, then he will tell you not to worry and if not then forward him your address.

Dave
Ozraptor
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Ozraptor »

Yeah… I have sent a couple of emails. But a couple of months have passed and still heard nothing.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Try a different e-mail address. Steve has a SPAM filter that works a little too hard nad it sometimes takes your e-mails straight to his SPAM folder. If that doesn't work, you can always try calling. I wouldn't worry about it until its about time for you to move. Every time I've called or e-mailed Steve, he has answered or replied.

Dave
jeff
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by jeff »

I know that I'm not exactly on topic, but I ordered Sept 13th 2007, and mine arrived this morning (May 18th 2009).

Size ordered: same as HF's.
Bash: CS

It's gorgeous.

Patience is a virtue. :H:

jeff
Rikimaru
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Rikimaru »

Good to hear Jeff. Now just throw up some pictures as soon as you get a chance ;)
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Congrats, Jeff.

I received mine last week. Its up on the Post Your Adventurebilts Here thread.

Dave
RNomura
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RNomura »

I placed my order for (1) Brown and (1) Grey AB CS style hats one year ago today. (May 19th)

Hopefully, there will be fewer days ahead before they arrive on my doorstep. Happily waiting
patiently!

~Ron
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I want to place an order for a grey CS hat before the year is over. I promised myself two more ABs, one for each year, before Steve retires.

Dave
Indy_Werner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Werner »

Ordered mine in Mid Nov of '07. I hope it gets here around my B-day in July, but I have a feeling I'm gonna be missing the wait just like how I miss the CS build up.
jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jedidentist »

Indy_Werner wrote:but I have a feeling I'm gonna be missing the wait just like how I miss the CS build up.
Since I received mine a few weeks ago, that's definitely the case. I guess now all I have to look forward to is a full size Atari TOD game... :[
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

...or order another AB.

Dave