Fnally got my aldens

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indy_Werner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Fnally got my aldens

Post by Indy_Werner »

So after 3 months of waiting after returning some badly stitched Aldens and then having to wait for the factory to produce the shoes after the bad leather outbreak, I finally got a great pair on saturday. Im breaking them in, threw some pecards on them. and they get more comfortable everyday. It was worth the wait. Took the pics after being in the rain... as you'll see. lol
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/ ... G_0786.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/ ... G_0787.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/ ... G_0790.jpg
Indiana Citroen
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Fnally got my aldens

Post by Indiana Citroen »

gggrrrrrr me wanty very much
sneakertinker
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by sneakertinker »

Congrats my friend...Those boots are going to get nice a molded to your foot then your never going to want to take them off...I guarantee it...

They have become my favorite piece of gear...now I'm up to 4 pairs and thinking of getting a pair done in snuff suede...We'll see though...
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

sneakertinker wrote:They have become my favorite piece of gear...now I'm up to 4 pairs and thinking of getting a pair done in snuff suede...We'll see though...
Then you could do a Bill Cosby/Cliff Huxtable "I got one in suede too." everytime someone admires your other Alden's. :lol:

Those look good! Nice pair, so those are from the infected batch or did I misread you?

Randy
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Too Shiny and new- go beat 'em up :D

Kyle
Solo4114
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Solo4114 »

Nice. I see they've finally retired the "pumpkin" color that I got (although I managed to darken it to about what yours looks like). I'd still prefer an even darker brown with less red in it, but I think my next pair will just be an Indy Magnoli pair where I pick the #### leather myself! :)
Indy_Werner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Werner »

theinterchange wrote:
sneakertinker wrote:They have become my favorite piece of gear...now I'm up to 4 pairs and thinking of getting a pair done in snuff suede...We'll see though...
Then you could do a Bill Cosby/Cliff Huxtable "I got one in suede too." everytime someone admires your other Alden's. :lol:

Those look good! Nice pair, so those are from the infected batch or did I misread you?

Randy
Nope, these are the ones they made right after the recall. Im hopin' they really did get the bugs out. I'll post again after they get some more abuse and show how this new batch is holding up.
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Hope all goes well with them, that's a good chunk of money to put down for footwear.

Randy
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Congrats!! they look fantastic. Mine just shipped out & I hope I can get them by this Friday for our upcoming trip. Would love to wear them around for that. I was sent a pic of what I ordered & they look the same colorwise as yours. Be sure to let us know how your feet, legs & back feel after wearing them for a while. Again, congratulations and happy adventuring! :clap:

Cheers!

Dan
midwestwhips
Vendor

Post by midwestwhips »

Nope, these are the ones they made right after the recall. Im hopin' they really did get the bugs out. I'll post again after they get some more abuse and show how this new batch is holding up.
I keep seeing posts mentioning this recall, but I can't find any information about it. Can someone point me in the right direction, or at least give the scoop. Is it official, and what are the dates of the recalled boots? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Great boots by the way Werner! I love the look of them when they're new. I'm getting more and more antsy waiting for my new pair of AB Aldens! I hope it's not too far away now. Thanks for whetting my appetite.

Regards,

Paul Nolan
http://www.midwestwhips.com
sithspawn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by sithspawn »

midwestwhips wrote:
I keep seeing posts mentioning this recall, but I can't find any information about it. Can someone point me in the right direction, or at least give the scoop. Is it official, and what are the dates of the recalled boots? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Great boots by the way Werner! I love the look of them when they're new. I'm getting more and more antsy waiting for my new pair of AB Aldens! I hope it's not too far away now. Thanks for whetting my appetite.

Regards,

Paul Nolan
http://www.midwestwhips.com

I asked about the recall when it was first mentioned and noone piped in with info. I got my boots late December 08. Hope they aren't affected. :anxious:
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Mine arrive at the local Post Office at 5:38 this morning! \:D/ They'll be waiting for me when I get home from the gym this evening. It'll be a mad rush home now, but the afternoon will probably drag along. :lol:

Cheers!

Dan
Indy_Werner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Werner »

Congrats! Don't rush too fast, you dont wanna end in the hospital before you can see 'em lol Let us know how they are when you get to them ;)
twilekjedi
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by twilekjedi »

midwestwhips and sithspawn, there was a thread by IndyFrench about some problems he had with his pair:

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... ench+alden

And then Schmidty checked into it:

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37106
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Well Indy_Werner, they have arrived & I dig on them. If you don't mind too much I'm going to post my pics here so as not to start up a whole new thread & clogging the community.
I will post pics shortly.

Cheers!

Dan
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Here are a few pics.

The long awaited box.

I dig on the color, it's a nice russet or bridle brown. I had my feet measured at a local shoe store to make sure of my correct size. I was surprised as to my actual size. Well I relayed the 10.5 C to Schmidty, he had one in stock. I ordered it on Monday and they hit my stoop today. Super speedy shipping & fantastic customer service.
Anyway, they fit perfect right out of the box, snug without any rub spots thus far that I can feel. If they need a stretch I'll do it at that time. But, if others want to order these I highly recommend getting your feet properly measured before hand, and what ever size they tell you (if they are a reputable shoe store) order that, they will fit.
The sole on these are just like a pair of Wolverine work boots I had about 25 years ago. I never had any traction problem with those and they wore like iron. These should be fine.
I will be doing occasional reviews of them over time in the future as to how they are as an orthopedic shoe.

Thanks again Schmidty & enjoy another Stella!

Cheers!

Dan
Indy_Werner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Werner »

Excellent. If you think theyre comfy now, just wait only a few days with regular wear. I've only had mine for around a week and they already feel conformed to my feet.
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Well, so far so good. I'll let you know after next week. We're going on a trip to Portland, OR & they'll be used for walking around the city for sure. :D

Cheers!

Dan
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

Congrats! Definitely my favorite piece of gear!
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

So far they have been working very well hoofing it around Portland, OR in the rain. For those that live in that area a Place called John Helmer carries them locally, that is if you're not interested in mail order.
Only little glitch I have noticed in almost a week of wear is a little separation in the sole from the vamp (I think that is correct?). If it is no big thing & is fairly typical, I will just take it to my local cobbler & have them give it a quick gluing. In any case I'll contact Schmidy.

All in all they are super comfortable and I haven't had the usual foot pains pounding the pavement. :tup: :tup:

Cheers!

Dan
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

from the moment of ordering how long did it take to get them? Also, who did you go to for proper measurements?? In my town we don't have any...specialized cobblers that I know of.
Indy_Werner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Werner »

I got mine in about a week once the new shipment arrived in. I measured my foot with one of those brannock devices AFER I sent back my original pair because of quality issues and realized I needed a narrower width. During the time I had to wait they offered to send me out some 9's because no 10s were in stock. I gave it a try but they were just a tad too small so I just waited for the 10s. Great customer service.
Luke Warmwater
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luke Warmwater »

Today I ordered my third pair from the DC store. I'm going to have them dyed black for work. Once that is done Aldens will be the only shoes that touch my feet!
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

My local boot store has a brannock device at it but I don't think the guys there know how to really use it. I suppose I can read it just as well as the next guy right? I'm thinkin on ordering a pair of aldens in a week or so....
indyneuling
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by indyneuling »

Luke Warmwater wrote:Today I ordered my third pair from the DC store. I'm going to have them dyed black for work. Once that is done Aldens will be the only shoes that touch my feet!
could you please post pics from your dyed black aldens when finished ? thanks a lot.