Todd's boots - heels

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Todd's boots - heels

Post by Marv »

This is one for the UK guys regarding Todd's boots - anyone experienced fast wear down on the heels and needed to have then replaced.
If so I was wondering if you had any issues having the heel rubber replaced due to the curved shape at the front of the heel.
Mine are pretty much worn down and will need replacing pretty soon but not sure the local Timpson shoe repair shop would be able to replace the heel due to it's unusual shape......no real cobblers where I live hence the question.
IndyGeek78
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Todd's boots - heels

Post by IndyGeek78 »

I've had the exact same problem. The heal wears down fast and in my experience I wouldn't trust Timpsons. Im going to have to try and hunt in the yellow pages. No luck so far but I'll give you a progress report if I find some one who can do it.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Aldens will send replacement heels for a reasonable price. Anyone tried these on a pair of Todds?
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

My heels have little chips out, and light wear.. nothing excessive. BUT the sole is seperating.. so off to the see the cobbler

Randy
alphared6
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by alphared6 »

Oh yeah ... Heal is wearing down fast. My cobbler can replace the heals but not wth that odd curved front.

Mike