"Tell the truth" - TV show on youtube

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Marc
Vendor

"Tell the truth" - TV show on youtube

Post by Marc »

Hey gang,

Nizar was kind enough to upload the latest episode of "Tell the truth" on youtube. Though it's entirely in Germany, you might wanna see nontheless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuUZUhroQP0

and part two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxteMmEJsW8

Regards,

Marc
The Librarian
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: "Tell the truth" - TV show on youtube

Post by The Librarian »

Well a dead giveaway was only one of the three put their hat on the desk crown down. :D

Did you make all three hats, Marc?

P.S. I was wrong. Rats. :oops:
Last edited by The Librarian on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

I'm candidate no. one in that show, so I put my hat on the brim as well (with the front part hanging down though). I find it easier to flatten the curl that becomes too much from doing so from time to time, rather than reblocking the crown.

No. two is wearing a Henry and no. three - our very own Robby - is wearing one of his two AB-Dlx.

Mine is a Raiders AB-Dlx. made from the same batch of felt as the AB-Dlx. used for CS. I've basicly worn this hat every single day for two years now and though some small things have improved in the meanwhile, I'm very, very happy with it and wouldn't wanna part with it.

Regards,

Marc
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Sie ist Marc Kitter! :lol: That was pretty cool. I wish I had taken German 2 though! Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber nicht so schlecht.

Ausgezeichnet, Herr Kitter. Sehr gut! Und auch, sein Hut ist wunderbar! :tup:

Shane
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I knew who you were but i knew going in because I know what you look like. Marc,

Marc, what did the women on the end ( the younger of the 2 ) say to you to make you laugh. It was right when the were casting there vote. One more thing. what was it that gave it away for the other 3?

I had a kick watching it. I watched it twice.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

That was great, Marc. Thanks so much for sharing.
Mike
Bullitt
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bullitt »

Sehr toll, Marc. I had the same thing as Oak, I already knew what you look like. Still fun to watch, though. Too bad no. 2 slipped up there with Harrisons size ](*,)
Luckily not one of you wore a DP, because that would've stuck out like a sore thumb.
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

Yeah, I think BendingOak asked the essential questions. Wish I knew more German. Pretty good poker face. :)
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

It was good to see Marc. I'm happy for you buddy.
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

Marc, what did the women on the end ( the younger of the 2 ) say to you to make you laugh. It was right when the were casting there vote. One more thing. what was it that gave it away for the other 3?
She said that the signature of whoever had signed the paper would fit to some cool and laid back guy, so that made her think it could be me, but that would be too simple ;)

I changed my signature, after I got the first Indy postcards in the mail with the request to sign them last year :shock: Earlier I used wrote Marc Kitter or M. Kitter, but I thought I need something more cool, when people actually ask me for an autograph. So I know draw the shape of an Indy Fedora crown (which looks pretty much like a "M") then I draw a "brim" underneath and write "Kitter" into the "brim" so the "brim" is crossing the double t...

I'll see if I can upload it for you to show you what I mean :?

Regards,

Marc
BoilermakerJones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BoilermakerJones »

That was great Marc!

Unfortunately what little German I was able to learn in college has evaporated in the last 25 years, so I only picked up a word here and there, but I enjoyed getting to see it.

You seemed to be quite comfortable up there. I was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire back in 2000 and was getting so nervous that I was lucky I could even answer the fastest finger questions. I didn't come close to answering them quickly enough to get in the hot seat though. The studio was very cool, but I was sweating like crazy!

Congratulations!

Matt
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

Marc, I know the premise of the show, so I knew what was going on, even though I couldn't understand a dang word other than Indiana Jones, every now and then. I thought it was really cool.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Even if I don't know a word of German it was GREAT to be able to see you again Marc! Thanks for posting the links buddy.

By the way, how did you resist from slapping in the head that guy who placed the hat sitting on its crown??? :lol:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

What's wrong with setting it on its crown? There are just as many people who go nuts when they see someone rest a hat on its brim flat on a table! :lol:
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

I go nuts when watching movies and see men set their hats down on the brim. Case in point, at Donovan's in Last Crusade. When I set mine on the brim I hang the front over the edge of the table or whatever I sat it on.

Randy
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

what's wrong with sitting the brim on the table? LOL
Dutch_jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Dutch_jones »

thanks for posting Marc, I understood all of it, pretty funny. You did give it away though when you said the measurement in inches :P lol.