Close enough Indy Shirt from J Peterman?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

jjunner
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Close enough Indy Shirt from J Peterman?

Post by jjunner »

http://jpeterman.com/product~cat~100201 ... H+2367.asp

Does anyone have any experience with this shirt? I don't know if it is a new product or not - I just hate the fact that everything is in drawing form, but I guess that is part of the 'experience' of shopping J Peterman. Oh yes I am also aware that I can get a more screen accurate shirt for less than the $98 they are asking for, but still - this one is Twill and the description makes me want it.... I guess Elaine is good at what she does - Urban Sombrero anyone?
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Re: Close enough Indy Shirt from J Peterman?

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Honestly, that is one of the reasons I'll likely never buy anything from them. It's not my preferred "experience." Being a graphic designer myself, I appreciate and even like the illustrations, but I want to see an actual photograph of the genuine article before I buy. It wouldn't take much for them to include a photo as well as the illustration.
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

what an experience, anyone for russian roulette? Ok, that's a little much. I'm sure they make quality clothing, I wish they would showcase with photographs.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I agree with bigrex. It would be one thing if the shirt was like $30, but $98 for a shirt that is only described in a drawing? I don't think so...

Nibs
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Browncoat »

If you like this style shirt in particular, it looks a lot like the Orvis Bush shirt from the graphic drawing.

Orvis used to make this great summer weight bush shirt in the past but this season looks like they are only doing it in a checkered blue.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

Browncoat wrote:If you like this style shirt in particular, it looks a lot like the Orvis Bush shirt from the graphic drawing.

Orvis used to make this great summer weight bush shirt in the past but this season looks like they are only doing it in a checkered blue.
do you hear that?? i'm hearing a mouse click on the 'add to cart' icon from michaelson's computer ;)
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

98 is a little much to ask for a drawing of a shirt :lol:
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I agree. I couldn't pull the trigger for what is, to my eyes, a deliberately poor drawing of an expensive shirt. Impressionist art is fine, but not for marketing. [-X

Add to that, "fine twill" is rather vague. The term "fine" could mean it's light weight, or just a very fine weave. I've had twill shirts that could kill a man if he wore it in the warmer areas of the world.

Personally, I'd rather buy a Cabela's or LL Bean or Orvis, or even have somebody make me a custom shirt.
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

jjunner wrote:http://jpeterman.com/product~cat~100201 ... H+2367.asp

Does anyone have any experience with this shirt? I don't know if it is a new product or not - I just hate the fact that everything is in drawing form, but I guess that is part of the 'experience' of shopping J Peterman. Oh yes I am also aware that I can get a more screen accurate shirt for less than the $98 they are asking for, but still - this one is Twill and the description makes me want it.... I guess Elaine is good at what she does - Urban Sombrero anyone?
Urban sombrero?! I'll take one!! \:D/

Shane
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Sketchy as their product illustrations are, [no pun intended] I requested a catalog.. they've got some pretty cool looking things.

Randy
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

lol :lol:
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

If anyone remembers early Banana Republic waaaaaaaaay back before they were a hip mall clothing store for young people, their catalogs were all drawings of the items. They were nice catalogs, by the way, and this seems a similar copy.