WESTED SHIRT ADVICE.

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

WESTED SHIRT ADVICE.

Post by matt black »

Can anyone let me know their opinion of the Wested shirt.Quality,SA,colour etc.Also are the sizes true or do they come up big or small.
Thanks dudes. :D
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: WESTED SHIRT ADVICE.

Post by Mississippi Jones »

In my opinion, Wested makes a very fine Indy shirt. The color is great! IMO it is more towards a Raiders color than anyother movie. As far as the size goes, I went down a size. I usually wear a Medium, but for that 'snug' fit I ordered a Small. Glad I did. A small seems to fit perfectly on me! So try going down a size....however if you are unsure, then go with your gut instinct.

Other than that, the only complaint I have about the shirt is the shirt tail. The shirt tail is way to short and it comes untucked very easily. It is also quite heavy. It is more like a dress shirt than a light adventure shirt.

But overall I am VERY happy with my Wested shirt. You won't be disappointed. It's a good shirt!

FYI,
I ordered my shirt a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if Wested has made any improvements with their shirts. So if somebody replies that ordered a Wested shirt more recently, their advice might be more helpful.

Good Luck with your decision!!
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Thanks alot Mississippi.That is a great help.Think I'll go for a Wested.If its good enough for Mississippi Jones then its good enough for me. :D
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

Ha! :lol:
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

I support the idea of going down a size with Wested. My Medium fits like a Large.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Yeah, I just found that out today when I tried on my first ever Wested shirt. I ordered a medium, based on my M.B.A. shirt size. What I found is that the Wested has broader shoulders and longer sleeves than the original Noel Howard pattern, and the body seems to have a bit more volume. But it is an extremely solid, well-made garment with laser-perfect stitching and a nice khaki tone. Unfortunately it lacks the authentic color-reactive fabric that the movie shirts possess; i.e., does not turn dark brown with sweat or moisture. But I'm completely satisfied with it, and I will be keeping it as a cool weather/ dressy Indiana Jones shirt.
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

thanks Tron and Warrior.I have ordered the Wested this morning.I went for the medium as I have a bit of a belly.If the shirt is a bit loose I thought I could put it on a boil wash to size it down a bit.Thanks again for the reveiws. :tup:
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

I have two of the Wested shirts in size Large. I found them to fit just fine. Chest is 42, so a Medium wouldn't fit. But a shirt based on your size like you would off the rack at a department store.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Isn't Wested now using the NH patterns? That was my impression anyway.
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

:-k Would that be a good or a bad thing ? What are the NH patterns like ?
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

My guess is it would be a good thing, from what I've read.
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Sounds cool.Thanks for that. :tup:
mrkaboom
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by mrkaboom »

How do Mr.Black - i live in the UK and plumber for the Wested above all others because of this and the crazy prices for overseas stuff. I got a large and am extremely happy with the shirt. The quality is very good and i sometimes wear it for a night out on the tiles and sometimes for every day use. Very comfortable, washes great and doesn't need ironing. Shirts of that style are in fashion over here at the mo so its not really too conspicuous either! Well unless you wear the hat too of course! Spend that dosh and enjoy my friend! MK
mrkaboom
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by mrkaboom »

Sorry just noticed that you are in the UK as well . You might as well pop in and grab yourself a pair of slacks and a leather while you are at it! Enjoy!
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Thanks MK, thats good to know.Already got the leather but the trousers will be next.Think I'll go for Wested on that front too. :tup:
jones the whip
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jones the whip »

Hi,
I received my first Wested shirt recently. :) :-k
There is alot of speculation as to the SA quality of this shirt and I can understand comments made concerning the epulettes and pocket flaps.
My attraction to this shirt specifically was the colour, from viewing posted pics of other Westeds, and IMO the colour is Raiders Cairo market scene accurate.
When compared to my Magnoli shirt, the Wested's material is a little thin (quite see thru in bright light).
As for the fit, It's going to be difficult to get it right with the choices provided.
I am 5', 11" and with a narrow body, so I ordered a small in order to have a shirt fit fairly tight.
To my surprize, when it arrived it was very baggy :o , so much so that I am having to get it altered to fit better. An investment I feel well worth making. As I said earlier, I love the colour.
In two weeks time, when it is returned to me I will post pics.
Cheers
JTW.
Keep the British end up! :D
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

That doesn't sound like the Nh patterns, most people say an NH shirt is more trim fit.

My impression was when Wested had the ToD jacket to make a pattern from they also had the patterns from NH for the shirts and pants.

Maybe someone can confirm that?
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

:-k I think it does say on the website that they did have a screen used shirt to use as reference.I hope I have made the right choice with the Wested [-o<
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Got my Wested today.Very happy with the quality but WOW they do come up big.So I have now ordered a small.Anyone want to swap a medium (but large) shirt for something let me know.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

RCSignals wrote:That doesn't sound like the Nh patterns, most people say an NH shirt is more trim fit.

My impression was when Wested had the ToD jacket to make a pattern from they also had the patterns from NH for the shirts and pants.

Yes, they had the screen shirt and still have Noels control samples (2 of them) plus some patterns for pants and a shirt.

I do not know if he will put those into production. I was hoping for a 'premium' shirt and pants but nothing has turned up yet.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Kt Templar wrote:
RCSignals wrote:That doesn't sound like the Nh patterns, most people say an NH shirt is more trim fit.

Yes, they had the screen shirt and still have Noels control samples (2 of them) plus some patterns for pants and a shirt.

I do not know if he will put those into production. I was hoping for a 'premium' shirt and pants but nothing has turned up yet.
thanks Kt. I thought I had it right.

A 'Premium' range like that would be a good idea. Hopefully they will put the patterns to use.
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

whats the shirts color in person because in photos it looks white but i was told its different in person
jones the whip
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jones the whip »

The colour of the Wested shirt is cream / pale tan, much like a very milky cup of tea.
If you view Raider's Cairo street scene when Indy says to Marion "have a date", at this moment IMO his shirt is very similar in colour to the Wested.
I'm awaiting the return of my Wested shirt pending alteration, so pics to follow shortly.
Cheers
JTW. :) =P~
Last edited by jones the whip on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Got my new size small Wested shirt in the post today (only piece of clothing I have ever had to get in a small) :-k .A much better fit than the medium but why is it sooooooooo puffy around the back of the shoulders ? ? ? :x It's almost as if the back piece is too big for the shirt.It does not have the slim fitted look of the Indy shirt that I was hoping for.Has anyone else had this same problem ? Is this why you have sent yours away JTW ? Would love to see how that turnes out.

P.S. keeping up the British end :D
wembley
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wembley »

Anyone got pics of the current Wested shirts?

I was toying with idea of ordering one ans a set of pants when I order my jacket.

In fact was looking at the whole kit from Wested...belt...bag etc etc...

Good idea- bad idea? :-k

;0
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

My origional question at the top of the thread was about sizing so did not warrent any pics.But when you get some gear would love you to post some.
wembley
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wembley »

matt black wrote:My origional question at the top of the thread was about sizing so did not warrent any pics.But when you get some gear would love you to post some.
Will do!
matt black wrote:Can anyone let me know their opinion of the Wested shirt.Quality,SA,colour etc.Also are the sizes true or do they come up big or small.
Thanks dudes. :D

I just thought that any pics people might have of the shirt in photos might be helpful to those of us like you and me who haven't bought one...in addition to the opinions.

I ifnd it's easier to see it as well than to just go from descriptions alone? :-k
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

I agree with you Wembley.But that "worthless thread smiley" really bugs me.If someone gets an answer to a question then in my opinion a thread is never worthless.And believe it or not some people don't have a digital camera such as myself.
Anyway good luck with your gear. :tup:
jones the whip
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jones the whip »

The answer is yes. That is why I'm getting mine comprehensively altered.
I'm picking it up from the tailors next Saturday. Pics will be available next weekend.
=P~
JTW.
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Wembley.Sorry if I came accross as a bit grumpy (bad day).What size shirt are you looking for.If its a largish then you are welcome to have mine F.O.C. I have'nt even worn it.Just tried it on once then washed it then ordered a small.If you want it just let me know. :tup:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

wembley wrote:Anyone got pics of the current Wested shirts?

here is a picture of my very fisrt shirt I got back in jan 08.

the shirt is very comfy and extremly nice to thouch..allthough in my opinion it is not so very SA at all..but it has the Indy spirit...and for a non gear head who isnt into SA this shirt would be it.

it is a bit baggy but not TOO baggy as many say it is.. maby because I have a little larger and more muscular frame the baggines isnt so noticeable :-k ....but it is my favorite shirt to wear :tup:

IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

great pic holt
wembley
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wembley »

matt black wrote:Wembley.Sorry if I came accross as a bit grumpy (bad day).What size shirt are you looking for.If its a largish then you are welcome to have mine F.O.C. I have'nt even worn it.Just tried it on once then washed it then ordered a small.If you want it just let me know. :tup:
No apology needed...I only clicked that silly smiley in jest so I apologise it annoyed you. Wasn't my intent at all.

Thank you so much for the offer of the shirt...I am on the small & skinny side so it would be too big for me..thanks so much though....it was generous in the extreme. :notworthy:

You're alright in my book mate! 8-[]

Thanks for the pic Holt...Looks more than good enough for my amateur eye. (what pants are those?)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

the pants are wested's
jones the whip
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jones the whip »

Nice shirt pic holt.
:clap:
Shows off the colour very well.
I take it you've distressed that one, or is it normal wear and tear?
JTW.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

thanx

just normal wear and tear..

Im thinking of replacing the buttons though..I think that will do alot for the look...

;)
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Nice pics,good information..about the sizes; I got a 44" chest+ longish arms,what size should I get IF I´d have nothing else to chose from than WESTED? :-s
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Large.

thats the size I wear
jones the whip
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jones the whip »

To those interested,
I have posted my new shirt pics as a new topic.
Please see General Gear - 'wested shirt pics'.
Cheers
JTW.