WE'RE BACK!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Marc
Vendor

WE'RE BACK!

Post by Marc »

Dear gang,

how's everybody doing?!

Let me apology for being absent so long gents. Just before Christmas, I was pretty burned out after a long and hard year, so my wife and I went to Denmark for two weeks over the season holidays to relax, and to get the empty batteries re-charged.

Ok, so after feeling better again and seeing how the new hatshop slowly but surely came to life my computer went nuts. COMPLETELY. So I had to send it in and it was gone for weeks and weeks. I got it back recently and could start answering the 300 e-mails that had been sitting there waiting since. - Did he say new hatshop???!!! WE??? - Oh, I didn't tell? Well here ya' go: last year in June, my neighbor moved out and my wife and I decided to buy the property, as here - in the middle of nowhere - property is pretty darn cheap. Now, on that property was a building (I wouldn't call it a house really) of 40 squaremeters, built from fine asbestos during the 60's and a pigcube or similar, built from solid stone with an asbestos roof. Now, the 40sqm "house"... well, the tractor of the former owner took care of that and we got rid of nine tons of asbestos, incl. the roof of the pigcube. The pigcube was one ugly something containing two rooms, one of 22sqm and another one of 7sqm. I figured that the 22sqm would make a nice hat-work-shop for us and evtl. the 7sqm room could become a bathroom later on. US??? - YUP! Since October last year, I've been training a very talented guy named Stefan to help me make hats in order to get these terrible long leadtimes shortened down quite a bit. He's EXTREMELY picky and just as talented - a mixture that is HIGHLY appreciated by me, as I now have someone to control my work and vice versa. Stefan has made one heck of a nice Raiders Fedora for himself by now and he'll be helping me starting next Sunday when we start working in the new hatshop.

So what's been done so far? The roof was completely renewed with black, shiney tiles (old fashioned), isolated, all the old plaster removed from the walls, one outer door removed and the hole closed (who needs two doors for 30sqm???), new windows added, new front door added, new door added inside between the two rooms, new floor (one that's equal), new tiles on the floor, several hundred meters of caple for outlets, new plaster on the walls and then some more.

I'm currently doing my best to get everything back on track again, so please accept my apologies for simply not being there. I hope it'll pay of by better leadtimes and a more laid back Marc soon

To those still reading - thanks for your patience with me guys!

Yours,

Marc
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

well, wecome back Marc!

Regards, Geert
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Welcome back and good luck with everything, you were missed!!!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Marc? Marc who? :-k ;-)

Glad to see you're 'back in the saddle', old friend!

HIGH regard! Michaelson
sithspawn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by sithspawn »

Welcome back, Marc. PM sent.
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

Great to have you back! I know about those pcs. Mine crashed recently as well. Take care my friend. Fedora
Local Land Surveyor
Vendor

Post by Local Land Surveyor »

Welcome back, Marc. Fantastic news about the new shop. Good luck with these new changes. :tup:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Welcome back, well-rested friend!
:)
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Sounds like you had fun with all that Asbestos siding and roofing Marc. The wife and I are looking at purchasing a house right now that is all asbestos siding. If we buy it, I'm leaving it up and putting siding over it because I just don't want to deal with the stuff myself.

Anyway, welcome back!
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Glade to here that everything is going well with the shop and you are back on board.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Marc finally!!!

300 emails to answer? Ah that's nothing, tell Stefan to do it for you :whip: :whip:

:lol:
Hey buddy post some pictures of the new hatshop!
Jens
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Jens »

Marc? Is that someone I'm supposed to know? ;-) :lol:
Great to hear, you're finally back in the digital era, Bro!
Marc
Vendor

Re: WE'RE BACK!

Post by Marc »

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys :)

The marble windowstills were put in yesterday and I've finally started sending hats out again (what a great feeling).

I'll soon post some pictures.

Regards,

Marc
MustangLoverMex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by MustangLoverMex »

Bienvenido mi amigo! Those "relaxin'-times" are really necessary! :whip:
Regards,
-Alfonso :)
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

welcome back
viper80134
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by viper80134 »

Welcome back!! Can't wait on the pics of the new shop, and to see some work from your new padawan. Hope to see mine soon. :) :)
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Glad your back Marc, sounds like you got some rest and have been working pretty hard on this new hat shop. Sounds great, can't wait to see what it looks like. That is great you have been training someone on how to make your hats. I am sure Stefan will do a great job and can't wait to see some of his work. :)

IndianaChris