Side pockets

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Side pockets

Post by Imahomer »

I like having the side pockets on my jacket, but I'm being offered a pretty good, or a Real good deal on a jacket right now... The problem is, no side pockets. Other than that, it seems to be perfect. I'm dragging my feet because I had just made up my mind to go in one direction and then this killer deal popped up. Now I'm unsure what I want to do. :-k
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Personally, I NEVER use the side pockets....regardless of maker! I'm more hampered with the lack of an inside pocket myself.

If a REALLY good deal, why not?

Regards! Michaelson
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

I do enjoy the side pockets, but you're probably right... Jump on the deal.
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Personally, I use them a lot in cold weather rather than going to trouble of gloves but seeing as how you're in Calif. might not be a deal breaker........depends on what your habits .... :)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

You may be pleasantly surprised how the intregity of the front drape vastly improves with the lack of those side pockets too! That's what many folks have reported in the past when they've had those sewn shut.

In my case, when I've tried using them, I've only found my hands able to fit in either a G&B or Wings side pocket. I've NEVER been able to get them in a Wested or Todd's jacket. As I said, though, I NEVER use them, so it's no matter to me.

Regards! Michaelson
Last edited by Michaelson on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

Well, I've got an A-2 with no side pockets and it was a pretty easy adjustment.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Same here....but it also has no inside pocket, and THAT'S been hard to adjust to.
:?
Regard! Michaelson
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

Ditto on mine. It's a horsehide and I love the look and feel of it, but the lack of pockets is "different." I've crammed stuff into the front pockets once or twice because I'm so used to having pockets and using them.
Treadwell
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Treadwell »

Just depends on whether you tend to use side pockets or not. The one time in my life when I had a jacket without pockets, it drove me insane. Gotta have the pockets.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

I use my side pockets, for my key and as handwarmers. When it's been colder, around freezing, I've been wearing a RAF cold weather jacket, being a real military jacket it doesn't have handwarmers and it's been WEIRD!
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

if it's a jacket that is too hard to resist and a chance of a life time who cares buy it.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

jacksdad wrote:if it's a jacket that is too hard to resist and a chance of a life time who cares buy it.
then take a dull knife and make your own pockets in her......hey you gotta deal didn't you??? :lol:
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

I wear my Indy jacket all the time, for a variety of things. I couldn't pass up this deal and if I can't adjust, then I'll either sell the "deal" jacket, or toss it in the back of the closet and go in a different direction (a Tony Nowak jacket).

I agree with Michaelson though, pockets are a must, especially the inside pocket!