What if Todd made pants?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

If Todd made pants, would you buy a pair?

Yes, I wouldn't think twice!
82%
Maybe
18%

Total votes: 84

IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

What if Todd made pants?

Post by IndianaJack91 »

So I was thinking that if enough people on COW showed interest in Todd selling SA pants that maybe he would consider it. So lets chime in and express our opinions about this. ;-)
IndianaBogart
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: ...listening to a tinny piano playing in the parlor downstairs....

Post by IndianaBogart »

I don't have one of Todd's shirts (I hopefully will soon though), but if he makes pants that are as SA as his shirt is (and machine-washable) then I would definitely get a pair. I have a lot of his stuff: jacket, boots, 2 bag straps, 2 web belts, gun belt, whip holder, and holster. And I'm quite pleased with all of it. I would definitly get a pair. :)
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

I'd give it some thought....
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Browncoat »

Sure, I'd buy them especially if they are machine washable.
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

I would probably order two pairs if they were as SA as his shirt
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I would definitely buy a pair IF the pockets were SA like the Paris pants

Nibs
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

If Todd's pants come under $50, then it'll be worth it.
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

I love his shirt (and I think I'll order another one just to put on dark buttons and have a different version) and if he were making pants too, I'd be all over those!!

Shane
darth_ming
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by darth_ming »

Why Todd never have been interested in offer the pants??
raider 57
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by raider 57 »

I would think designing/manufacturing of pants to be more involved than making a shirt. Probably more of an investment/risk?Not impossible,but a bigger business decision. Maybe Todd or one of our tailors can give insight?
But Hey,based on Todd's shirts,I'd certainly be in for some comparable pants. I'm currently getting by with close-enoughs.
~raider 57
Alkali Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Alkali Jones »

Hey All,

It has taken me two years to find a fabric supplier that makes cavalry twill in a color that is real close to the right color for Raiders pants. I am still modifying a Vogue pattern to make a pair of Indy pants. PLATON can't even get his tailor to make the angled seam over the back pocket. Todd has his stuff made over seas (if I'm not mistaken). He must get the right color fabric, the right type of fabric, the right pattern, and make sure his tailor will follow it. They must be sized correctly for Americans (echoes of the boot problem) and then shipped here to sit in Customs for who knows how long. To do all this right, for a "decent" price (one where he makes money and we can afford them) will be impressive, most impressive. If Todd can pull that out of his hat, well, ...that's some hat!

Dan S
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

Well if he had enough buyers i think it would be worth his while
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

I wonder what a regular batch of Todd's consists of? number wise that is
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

If Todd continued in his pattern of offering good items at lower prices, I would definitely buy pants from him. I love my Wested pants, but at 50 pounds each, I would definitely look to pay less for my next pair.
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

If Todd has pants at a great price like his shirts I know I'll be getting a pair.
IndyGeek78
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyGeek78 »

I actually emailed him about the pants when I ordered a shirt last year some time. I think he hinted that he might be doing them some time this year. Springtime comes to mind for some reason. Unless I just imagined the whole thing. Hope he does though as I would probably be buying a pair
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

If he could copy screen used ones I would definitely buy a pair at least
Indiana Snipes
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Snipes »

If they were as good as his shirts I wouldn't think twice.
Indiana Jake
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Seated in a Pan Am Sea Plane, flying over a map of Glendale, CA

Post by Indiana Jake »

Can someone with some expertise chime in here? I really like my Noel Howard trousers. I would buy another pair of these right away. How SA are they? They seem to be built extremely well. I wish Todd could duplicate these trousers in an unfinished length. Then again, I'd also be interested in a pair of similar cotton trousers as well. Just my two cents worth.

Indiana Jake
Dutch_jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Dutch_jones »

NH trousers ARE THE pants, the only thing that is not right about them I think is the pocket flap on the rear pocket. but other than that. you don't get much closer to the original than a pair of Noel Howard trousers. :lol:
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

"do you love me, do you want to be my friend, check yes or no" sorry, sometimes I have weird associative thoughts with things.. and oddly enough, I thought of that country music song when I was choosing sides. :[

I checked yes btw. I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Randy
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

I appreciate the comments, and I get constant requests for pants. Of course, I would like to offer them and am working to that end. (no questions about WHEN, please!)

I will tell you that the owner of a pair of Raiders screen-used pants has contacted me and offered to let me take a pattern from them. We are trying to work out a date, as it would involve a plane trip for me. I want to match the exact color, fabric weight and weave, pattern, etc.

After that I will begin sourcing fabric. I have several mills eager to weave the fabric for me. I have a manufacturer lined up. I have no idea how long the process will take. So far, it's been six months, and I've been buying vintage cavalry twill trousers for fabric samples.

As far as "overseas divisions", you guys must get the idea that I'm a huge business. I should show you pictures of this place! It's very small, and all of my "elves" are part time - sometimes. I have been fortunate to find overseas vendors with very small minimum order quantities and who do quality work. It's the only way to offer good quality products at a reasonable price and still stay in business with the small volume that I sell. After all, these are very "esoteric" products! Some items we still make here because we can't find the quality that we want from overseas. The bag straps and whip holders are two of them.

Okay, that's the only top secret classified project I will divulge. We have many more in progress that you're going to love, but my lips are sealed!

And again, please don't ask me when these pants will be for sale, and don't ask these other questions: "do you think they'll be ready this year?", do you think they'll be here for Halloween?" "How are those pants coming?" "Can you give me a ball park?" "Are we talking weeks, months, or years?" "What sizes will you have?" "How many belt loops will they have?" "Will you offer machine washable as well?" "Will they come hemmed?" "How many buttons will be on the fly?" "How deep will the pockets be?" "What kind of thread will you use?" "How much will they cost?" "How pointy will you make the pocket flaps?" "Will they make my butt look big?" "Can you make them out of kangaroo?" "I'm 4'10". Can I get them custom made?" "Are you going to have kid's sizes?" "Would you say they're more practical as an everyday item than a helper monkey?" "If I undergo a startling metamorphosis, and become a green creature of immense proportions, will these stretch with me?" "Will these grip well in vinyl seats during high G-force maneuvers, or will they slide too much?" "Can I wear these to cross the Sahara?" "Can I use these to perform water rescues?"

Please. I beg of you. Be patient. I'll let you know the minute you can buy them.

Todd
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Ok.......

So, are they ready yet? :[

:Plymouth:

Regards! Michaelson
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

Puppetboy wrote:I appreciate the comments, and I get constant requests for pants. Of course, I would like to offer them and am working to that end. (no questions about WHEN, please!)

I will tell you that the owner of a pair of Raiders screen-used pants has contacted me and offered to let me take a pattern from them. We are trying to work out a date, as it would involve a plane trip for me. I want to match the exact color, fabric weight and weave, pattern, etc.

After that I will begin sourcing fabric. I have several mills eager to weave the fabric for me. I have a manufacturer lined up. I have no idea how long the process will take. So far, it's been six months, and I've been buying vintage cavalry twill trousers for fabric samples.

As far as "overseas divisions", you guys must get the idea that I'm a huge business. I should show you pictures of this place! It's very small, and all of my "elves" are part time - sometimes. I have been fortunate to find overseas vendors with very small minimum order quantities and who do quality work. It's the only way to offer good quality products at a reasonable price and still stay in business with the small volume that I sell. After all, these are very "esoteric" products! Some items we still make here because we can't find the quality that we want from overseas. The bag straps and whip holders are two of them.

Okay, that's the only top secret classified project I will divulge. We have many more in progress that you're going to love, but my lips are sealed!

And again, please don't ask me when these pants will be for sale, and don't ask these other questions: "do you think they'll be ready this year?", do you think they'll be here for Halloween?" "How are those pants coming?" "Can you give me a ball park?" "Are we talking weeks, months, or years?" "What sizes will you have?" "How many belt loops will they have?" "Will you offer machine washable as well?" "Will they come hemmed?" "How many buttons will be on the fly?" "How deep will the pockets be?" "What kind of thread will you use?" "How much will they cost?" "How pointy will you make the pocket flaps?" "Will they make my butt look big?" "Can you make them out of kangaroo?" "I'm 4'10". Can I get them custom made?" "Are you going to have kid's sizes?" "Would you say they're more practical as an everyday item than a helper monkey?" "If I undergo a startling metamorphosis, and become a green creature of immense proportions, will these stretch with me?" "Will these grip well in vinyl seats during high G-force maneuvers, or will they slide too much?" "Can I wear these to cross the Sahara?" "Can I use these to perform water rescues?"

Please. I beg of you. Be patient. I'll let you know the minute you can buy them.

Todd
:notworthy:
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

Yeah, they're ready.
Indiana Jonesy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Jonesy »

If these are 100% SA... count me in.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Puppetboy wrote:Yeah, they're ready.
:lol: ;-)
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Hey Puppetboy, you forgot to ad one question to your 'do not ask me' list: Can I wear these while drinking coffee? ;-)

seriously though, That's some great news and I hope they will become available soon enough. What's soon enough? Well, preferably before I turn 83, which will be another 54 years away. ;-)

Regards, Geert
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

Yeah, they're ready.
Credit the Three Stooges for that one.

Moe: C'mon, let's go you chuckle-heads!
Curly: I'll go when I'M good and ready!
Moe: You ready now?
Curly: Yeah, I'm ready!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Yep, and I actually remembered too! :lol:

HIGH regards! Michaelson
Indiana Jonesy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Jonesy »

shouldn't there be a "no" option as well on the poll?

:P
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

"No" is not an option.

Remember Jon Lovitz playing Lucifer on SNL?

You WILL buy these pants! You WILL!! You will bow down to ME!!!! WORSHIP ME!!!! I will rule you all!!! Buy my pants!!!! BUY THEM!!!!!
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

You know, if you put a watch pocket in them, I could guarantee you'd sell at least two pair. :[
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:- ;-)
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Are these pants going to be "drag me behind a truck and come out without holes tough"?

Or do I need to look elsewhere for my stunt pants? I was planning to recreate the scene to post on youtube. Should I use the street I live on or find a dirt road to be SA? :-k

Randy
Alkali Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Alkali Jones »

Hey Puppetboy,

That's what I meant by overseas. I didn't think you were a multi-million dollar conglomerate... yet. ;-)

Dan S
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

I was planning to recreate the scene to post on youtube.
You, too?

(No, "YOUTUBE"! I figured I'd beat you to the punch line.)
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

I didn't think you were a multi-million dollar conglomerate... yet.
Yeah, but I'm close. I've already got one of those hugh, high-tech, black leather Darth Vader office chairs! I'm just waiting until I can spin around and say "Welcome, Mr. Bond. I've been expecting you."
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

You know Todd puts a lot of thought, and research into his products. The longer we wait, the better they'll be. Its better not to rush something, especially when we are all so detail oriented. Can't wait for the pants, but I will!
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

Can't wait for the pants, but I will!
You do have a pair to wear in the meantime, right?
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

Just kidding, TheExit148! I couldn't resist! You know I think of you as a brother, right? I mean that. You're okay in my book!
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

You do have a pair to wear in the meantime, right?
haha actually I... wait a minute... :lol:
If you mean indy pants, kinda. If you mean real pants... haha I'm good. Its all good Todd, no worries!
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

Well it seems like theres a lot of us ready to do business with you Todd. But thats true,the longer we wait the better the product. Hopefully you knock this project out of the park!
SonofJoker
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by SonofJoker »

I'll definately buy a pair. Well, maybe more than one...well, maybe two pair...well....Yep. I'd buy a pair. :)
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

I'm sure it would boil down to price. There are a lot of alternate pants out there already.
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

I'm sure the price would be very affordable like the shirt and boots
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

The poll is a bit biased, IMO better options would be "yes", "maybe" and "no".

My answer would be no.
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: What if Todd made pants?

Post by IndianaJack91 »

I realized that after a few replies. Sorry about that
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

i asked todd about the pants and he said they are thinking about it so they might do it if he gets enough people asking about it
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

Well i think he has enough buyers :D