First Wested, Raiders Special w/ pics Any comments welcome

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

On topic, Redi is having the same trouble I had with an OTR I briefly had; too tight in the armptits but too tight in the waist. The armpit thing was the part that really bothered me, it felt very odd wearing the jacket.
Redinight
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Redinight »

Raider S wrote:On topic, Redi is having the same trouble I had with an OTR I briefly had; too tight in the armptits but too tight in the waist. The armpit thing was the part that really bothered me, it felt very odd wearing the jacket.
The armpit cut isn't too bad. It does'nt constrain me in movement but what is strange is that I have to adjust tee-shirt sleeves when I put it on...they bunch up because it's tight... With an Indy shirt or long sleeve it is fantastic.

As far as quality, USW vs. Wested.... Both are superior quality then any store bought things. Now USW is cowhide, Wested Lamb. Wested has a not so strong thread but it's on a thinner not so stong hide... So it's ok because you want some give... You wouldn't want the thread ripping the leather.

USW, mine anyway, has some uneven stiches, some were already popped before I put it on, the leather as different grains on panels. I prefer the grain that way others wouldn't. The jacket is just not SA. That however is my goal.

Novak... I wish is could justify $750 for a jacket. I just can't right now. I I could have a USWings, Wested, and a Coyle for that and some... It's like the Adventurebilt. I love it, for $235 that I paid for it.... If i needed a new one...well, $400 I'm not loving it. Steve even said it started as a hobby and now it's a business... Kinda leaves me sad because I can't wear it and not worry about ruining it or losing it anymore. With my Wested I know that a couple of weeks saving and a week wait after odering I can have it in hand.
Redinight
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Redinight »

Have to have an update. On the jacket quality... Compared to the Wings this OTR is not holding up. The thread is really fraying rapidly and seams are coming apart all over. I need to get this thing fixed and I haven't done anything but wear for it the past ten days and have balled it up a few times....

On SA, after reading through some very useful all in one threads it's not bad. However the arm seem needs to be addressed. As well as the inside pocket. Tri-piece sliders or buckes need to be installed for quality and hold. Anyone have a good source ? The leather is really getting some nice character to it, but my left shoulder has really thin leather
EchoSix
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by EchoSix »

Really? Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully with this new round of goat they're expecting to arrive, the rush to get all the orders out, won't diminish the quality of the construction of the jackets.

My off the rack popped a couple of seams in the armpits too. But then, I was pretty rough with it.