My first Nylon whip

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

pfcyoung
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

My first Nylon whip

Post by pfcyoung »

Hi all:

I just bought my first 6' whip from westernstageprops.com and am braiding an 8' one.

my question is simply that the whip i got seems too "Stiff" and i cant crack it half of the time only sometimes if i give it some really hard effort can i pull it off. is this just a matter of breaking it in some more?
hollywood1340
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by hollywood1340 »

The break in period is very important. Take it slow, don't force the whip. It'll crack when it's good and ready. Slow it down a bit with your motions, find where it wants to crack. It'll break in nicely :D
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Could you post a couple of pics? Just curious as to what it looks like.

Cheers!

Dan
pfcyoung
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by pfcyoung »

i would but i have no idea how to post pictures on this thing
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

You could upload digital photos to Photobucket. It's a free photo hosting service and then post links to your photos via the URL or Img buttons here.
There should be something around here explaining the how's if you do a quick search.

Which model of whip did order fom Western Stage Props? Anyway, would also like to see what you're making as well.

Cheers! :whip:

Dan