AB Order timeline...ongoing

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

AB Order timeline...ongoing

Post by nicktheguy »

After getting numerous complaints and some pretty rude pm's I have taken this list off. I have it saved on my computer - so if there is a want for people to have a list to look at without all the complaining - then I can send to to the next willing member.

I did't want to remove the list, I had agreed to do it as a favour but I am not willing to take flak for something I thought I was doing as a good deed for a fellow COWer.

If anyone wants to try handling the list -- perhaps clear it with a Mod, and all I can say is.....good luck with it.
Last edited by nicktheguy on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
viper80134
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by viper80134 »

Didn't see my name on the list. I ordered an AB Deluxe on 10/27/08 not sure on the size of my order but my size in inches is 22" 7/8". When i contacted Marc he said it would be about 14 months so clocks ticking ;-) ;-)
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

where did you get your list from?

Viper, I believe this is a AB list.
viper80134
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by viper80134 »

Ah didn't know because i saw some one on the list that said Speedster-AB Deluxe. If thats the case pay no mind to me lol
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

John, I beleive he got this from the the other "when did you orer your AB" thread.

Dave
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Yes I did - IndyBlues asked me to pick up the torch - now I am happy to add deluxe orders to this as well since Speedster is on there. Let me know and I will make adjustments.

Cheers
Nick
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

I'll close the other thread then, to stop the redundancy.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I don't know more than anyone else. Just got me thinking and wondering how things came to be. I guess the idea of a list like this is a good thing but adding the ABD doesn't make sense because that is a whole different person. maybe another list/thread???? I don't know. Just throwing it out there. The other thing got me thinking is. Not all Steve's customers come to this site
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Good point sir.
Let's keep this list as is - The original intention of this thread was to give the COW folk a (rough) idea when hats MAY be getting to them. I think most of us have gone to the stage of patient diligence. As hats arrive I hope that the members let me know so I can keep the list updated. I think keeping it to 2007/2008 orders is a good idea - otherwise this will be a neverending thread.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Actually, this was originally an AB thread, not AB deluxe. The reasoning was there wasn't enough communication coming from Steve, so a list was helping us get an idea of wait time. The AB Deluxe doesn't belong on this list.
Mike
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

BendingOak wrote: Not all Steve's customers come to this site
Very true. This site is just a small part of his orders, so though interesting, it sure won't tell anyone where they stand in the process of getting their hat. It just shows where they stand in comparison to another COW member and when they ordered....and even THAT isn't a solid piece of information, as Steve could have received two dozen outside orders between individual orders from here.

Still, it's an impressive list considering he's a one man show meeting these orders one hat at a time....

Regards! Michaelson
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

I have taken Speedster off due to the AB Deluxe order - now we are all set back to an AB thread.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Nick, I remember that one person in 2008 received his hat ater a couple weeks. I don't remember who it was, but it is in the original thread.

Dave
Shorty
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Shorty »

Hey all, I just got an email from Steve saying that he was on August 2007 orders, and that he should be making mine within the month. So this should make the people who ordered in August excited at least! :lol:

~James
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

I'm not on the list above, but hopefully it is simply a matter of Adventurebilt not having my indygear.com screen name. I ordered in mid Feb. of 2008 and ordered a Raiders (SoC) bash. 21.5" or 55cm
airforceindy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by airforceindy »

Shorty wrote:Hey all, I just got an email from Steve saying that he was on August 2007 orders, and that he should be making mine within the month. So this should make the people who ordered in August excited at least! :lol:

~James
Yeah, he told me the same thing in November, and I'm a September order! Steve's a great guy doing a great job with what he's got (as a one-man operation), but don't hold your breath...
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

airforceindy wrote:
Shorty wrote:Hey all, I just got an email from Steve saying that he was on August 2007 orders, and that he should be making mine within the month. So this should make the people who ordered in August excited at least! :lol:

~James
Yeah, he told me the same thing in November, and I'm a September order! Steve's a great guy doing a great job with what he's got (as a one-man operation), but don't hold your breath...
I heard the same thing from the man back in September. I bet Steve cant wait till he retires. Ive only been waiting since 7/08 I dont know how some of you guys do it.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Bigrex you're on the list now.
I coudn't find who the person was in 2008 who received their hat - let me know and I'll update.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Steve told me that my March '08 order would probably be ready in January. I tried not to get too excited when he told me this back in November. I don't fault him. He's doing the best he can and I won't have any reservations when I order my next AB soon.

Dave
KrYpToNiAn1
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KrYpToNiAn1 »

KrYpToNiAn1 - 7 1/2 (23.5) - CS bash - 12/12/07

RECEIVED 21/01/09

s.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

very nice kryptonian! did you slap some fuller's earth on 'er already?
The Aviator
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The Aviator »

Can I be put down for 18 May 2008, SOC bash size 23"

Cheers
KrYpToNiAn1
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KrYpToNiAn1 »

very nice kryptonian! did you slap some fuller's earth on 'er already?
I had Mr. Delk apply a little before it was shipped. I'm never gonna wear it with a suit. I'm a jeans and hoodie kind of guy...

I love it so much, wore it out already.

I'll post some 'pro' shots of it as soon.

Fedora, if you see this post... Amazing! My inner child screams "thank you!"

s.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

So I am guessing Steve is on December 2007 orders already?? I know some of the people who are the list above in 2007 may or may not have their hats. But if he is on December 2007 that means mine is coming up fairly soon then :) , but Steve does do hats based on sizes that are ordered. Very interesting, nice hat by the way Kryptonian.

IndianaChris711
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

IndianaChris711 wrote:So I am guessing Steve is on December 2007 orders already??
IndianaChris711
Not necessarily. There could have been a dozen outside orders between each of the COW orders listed above. Only Steve knows for sure where things are in his production.

Regards! Michaelson
jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jedidentist »

Michaelson wrote:
IndianaChris711 wrote:So I am guessing Steve is on December 2007 orders already??
IndianaChris711
Not necessarily. There could have been a dozen outside orders between each of the COW orders listed above. Only Steve knows for sure where things are in his production.

Regards! Michaelson
Definitely not, several of us from July and August are still waiting. I think 7 1/2 is a little on the larger size, so it's probably why it got done more quickly.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Oh well I guess I am on the big head list then as well. I am a 7 5/8, but who knows maybe there is a lot of big heads waiting for hats as well. ;-)
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Thats good news James, I placed my order with Steve in Mid-August 2007, for a Crystal Skull fedora size 7 ¼”.... I'm still waiting patiently.

Dan
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

This list is assuming he only had 23 orders from the beginning of september to the end of 2007. With that being the case. You would have to assume he will make 5 hats a month. Steve is not that slow.

What is being posted is a small amount of his orders. Michaelson is correct. There could be dozens in between each of the names posted here.

The other thing we need to consider is Steve's feelings. What if he makes a mistake and has to redo a hat and that person gets bumped for a little bit. You just made it public. Maybe Steve doesn't mind but for some reason it bugs me.

I don't want you to get the wrong idea of what I'm saying. I'm not saying you should stop the thread but maybe consider what you are doing with this list. You are putting a small amount of Steve's business and making it public.

I guess what I'm getting at is did anyone ask Steve if this was OK with him and if you did. I am sorry and will slink away in shame.

I tried this with my customers at one point. what I learned is it caused me a headache and more problems for me. With Steve times and orders being so much more than my own. One would assume the headache is much bigger as well.

Just my 2 cents.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

BendingOak wrote:
The other thing we need to consider is Steve's feelings. What if he makes a mistake and has to redo a hat and that person gets bumped for a little bit. You just made it public. Maybe Steve doesn't mind but for some reason it bugs me.

Just my 2 cents.
Well, I'm one of those folks that was bumped for a redo,....been waiting 21 months. What about my feelings? I also haven't bugged Steve about it since about June of 2007. So, I'm not a fly in the ointment, a monkey in the wrench, OR a pain in the arse.
I would have still liked a replacement within a 2 year span.
Don't you think I deserve one?
Mike
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Mike, I certainly think you do. To be honest, though, everyone on this forum has told you to contact Steve about this becuase it is most probably an oversight. If you don't tell him about your hat, he may never realize it was skipped, or whatever. You shouldn't be afraid to ask Steve about your hat. He's a fair guy. Call him up and ask him what the condition of your order is. Thats not imposing, that is simply being a concerned customer, when you have been waiting near two years to receive a hat that was going back for a reblock.

Dave
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I think what you deserve is to take up your business up with Steve. I'm not saying your wrong. I'm not saying you don't deserve a right to write a bad review.

What I'm saying it's not right to drag in anyone else in a false sence of hope on an incomplete list and to post someone else's business.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

DR Ulloa wrote:Mike, I certainly think you do. To be honest, though, everyone on this forum has told you to contact Steve about this becuase it is most probably an oversight. If you don't tell him about your hat, he may never realize it was skipped, or whatever. You shouldn't be afraid to ask Steve about your hat. He's a fair guy. Call him up and ask him what the condition of your order is. Thats not imposing, that is simply being a concerned customer, when you have been waiting near two years to receive a hat that was going back for a reblock.

Dave
First of all, who said I didn't contact him? When you don't get a call back or a reply, what do you do then? Book a plane?
Also, I'm far from "afraid" to contact anyone who owes me something.
Just worn out from trying. Like I said, I can't keep trying to get in touch with someone, who doesn't want to respond.

Oak, who's dragging anyone into a "false sense of hope"? Hope for a hat they ordered? That's just crazy. Who would hope they got a hat they ordered?? ;-)
Not this guy.
Mike
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Then why start this list? What's the purpose?
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Mike, I'm simply going off what I took from you in the last AB order thread. You said that you didn't want to contact him becuase you had heard stories about what happens to pesky customers. If I misread you, I'm sorry. I don't know how much its worth, but I've called Steve twice. The first time I called I was told he had left for the day and the second time I was able to reach him. I wasn't interested in how much longer my hat would be, though he gave me an approximation. I wanted to know if he still offered a COW discount to those members that had ordered hats prior to the release of Crystal Skull as I was a bit confused about whether or not he still did. We had a nice conversation about hats and guitars and he didn't rush me off the phone.

You are right that you shouldn't have to hound someone to get information on a hat, but it doesn't mean it won't happen. If you want your hat, continue to call and e-mail. You'll eventually reach him. It doesn't sound like much, but thats all you can do.

Dave
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

BendingOak wrote:Then why start this list? What's the purpose?
Lack of communication. There are tons and tons of threads and posts here asking how to get ahold of Steve. Worried people that know it is wrong to complain about a vendor. I've had several emails after I started the first list, of people thanking me for starting it.
Plenty of people that want to know where they are in the long list of hats that are on order. People that won't speak up here, in fear of retaliation or a beat down from a "true believer",...like yourself.

You have a good relationship with Steve, and that's a good thing. You know him on a personal level. Not very many people here can say that. That's a good thing, especially since you are in the hat making business as well. You couldn't ask for a better teacher or friend.

There was nothing wrong with my list. It was apporved by the mods, and it was always kept with a tone of respect to Steve. Everyone here knows he is busy, and he is a one man operation. What everyone DOESN'T know, is how to actually communicate with him.

What can I tell you? When you want a hat, you can make yourself one.
I don't know how to make them, OR want to learn. I just want to buy one. Nothing wrong with admitting I am frustrated with the long wait, either. Especially when it has been 2 months shy of 2 years.
Mike
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Your right. There is nothing wrong with that. I'd be frustrated too. I'm just saying don't stop trying to contact him. You'll get him sooner or later.

Dave
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Just to chime in here, if this is about communication with Steve, he has posted on several occasions that he does not read these threads and that he prefers personal contact. So if that is one of the reasons for the list, it's falling on fallow ground. To anyone waiting for order information, contact him directly. This list can help you see where others fall in a list, but it's not a path to the actual man or production, so proceed with that in mind.

Ok, carry on. ;-)

Regards! Michaelson
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Well said sir.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

IndyBlues wrote:
BendingOak wrote:Then why start this list? What's the purpose?
Lack of communication. There are tons and tons of threads and posts here asking how to get ahold of Steve. Worried people that know it is wrong to complain about a vendor. I've had several emails after I started the first list, of people thanking me for starting it.
Plenty of people that want to know where they are in the long list of hats that are on order. People that won't speak up here, in fear of retaliation or a beat down from a "true believer",...like yourself.

You have a good relationship with Steve, and that's a good thing. You know him on a personal level. Not very many people here can say that. That's a good thing, especially since you are in the hat making business as well. You couldn't ask for a better teacher or friend.

There was nothing wrong with my list. It was apporved by the mods, and it was always kept with a tone of respect to Steve. Everyone here knows he is busy, and he is a one man operation. What everyone DOESN'T know, is how to actually communicate with him.

What can I tell you? When you want a hat, you can make yourself one.
I don't know how to make them, OR want to learn. I just want to buy one. Nothing wrong with admitting I am frustrated with the long wait, either. Especially when it has been 2 months shy of 2 years.
Mike
I don't know where you think I have a bat phone to Steve, I don't. I have had e-mails lost and not returned to me as well. I just understand that he is hit with a hugh amount of emails every single day. That goes with PM's as well. It's hit and miss with him.

It should not be a shock on anyone for some time now that when you order from Steve that the wait will be very long. The contact will not be like it should or even Steve would want it to be.

Everyone say's I have great customer service because people have easy contact with me, but I have the fear that one day people will be upset with me like they are with Steve.

I know that Steve must get a tone of e-mails after a few months saying " any updates?"

I know this because I get them after telling someone the time will be around 3-4 months. They ask me after a months for an update???? It's ok now because I can handle my amount of e-mails,PM, and phone calls. Just
multiply that by ( heck I don't even know) a lot more than i would like to guess.

As for me not have to worry because I can just make myself a hat at any time. thats just not true. I have yet to make myself a hat. My size is a common size and I'm a little behind on that size. So, I won't make myself one. Just like Steve. Believe me I would like to make myself a few hats.

Just an FYI, I have placed 2 hat orders with Steve at the same time. One for a brown CS and one for a Grey CS. I ordered them in October. I have no special treatment from him at all when it comes to waiting. He asked me two things. John you know you are going to have to wait a very long time for it. I told him I knew of the wait time and I would not be sending him a e-mail asking for a up-date or where my hats is. I know with Steve, that it will take a very, very long time but I will get my hats.

I have a unique in site of what it must be like but it's a small peek that you guys and dolls don't see. There is no other way to manage it now then what he is doing. The monster has been let out of the cave.

I'm lucky because I have seen this grown into this and I can take action with my own company before it grows. thats hopeful thinking. This hit both Steve and Marc and I don't think they knew it would. Both Steve and Marc have told me things that would happen to me and they all are starting to come true. It at times can be very overwhelming.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

All very valid points, and I understand there is a long wait time for an AB from Steve. Thing is, when should I start to be concerned that the wait is TOO long? Is it ever too long? April will be 2 years for me.
If I don't get it by then, should I just be patient and wait another year?

If you look at the list, you'll see where I am at, and there are NO orders before mine. Not only that, but my original order was months before that April '07 date. So you see, in reality, it's already past the 2 year mark. This isn't for an original order, this is for a replacement.
Maybe I shouldn't have priority over someone elses order that is already on the block, but maybe a little bump up would have been nice.

Understand where I'm coming from? Does anyone?
Mike
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I certainly do and I agree with you. Your replacement was most probably over looked. Just keep at e-mailing him and calling him until you get through. I called before 4:00 EST and was able to reach him.

Dave
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

IndyBlues wrote:All very valid points, and I understand there is a long wait time for an AB from Steve. Thing is, when should I start to be concerned that the wait is TOO long? Is it ever too long? April will be 2 years for me.
If I don't get it by then, should I just be patient and wait another year?

If you look at the list, you'll see where I am at, and there are NO orders before mine. Not only that, but my original order was months before that April '07 date. So you see, in reality, it's already past the 2 year mark. This isn't for an original order, this is for a replacement.
Maybe I shouldn't have priority over someone elses order that is already on the block, but maybe a little bump up would have been nice.

Understand where I'm coming from? Does anyone?
Mike

In your case, I think you should still try and contact him.

I just don't see the reason for the list.
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

I think the list is a public service, it just gives information and comfort to learn who has received their hats and when, true I guess we would all survive without it, but it is useful to have a condensed list instead of catching bits and pieces in various threads where folks will divulge how long they are in the wait for their hat. No more need to compare notes as far as I am concerned, I can just add this thread to my internet favorites and periodically check it every once in awhile to see who's up next (on this board) and watch as it ticks down to me. Maybe I'll be able to anticipate a little better when the hat might come, although I know there is no perfect way to find out when it will come (until you find a special box on your doorstep). Obviously this thread is not meant for Steve's use or for direct communication with him, but rather it is to get information on pending orders and by proxy receive information from Steve without bothering the man. The list is ingenious (IMHO). Ok, I'm stepping back out of this one..
Last edited by bigrex on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
airforceindy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by airforceindy »

I have been just as guilty as everyone else, but it's true: this thread has become more of a gripe fest than a simple (if not, rudimentary) tool to gauge ABOUT when we should be receiving our purchases.

In light of that fact, and as a "sort of" act of repentance, I will refrain from further posting in this thread until I receive my hat.

Good luck to you all,
AFI
The Aviator
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The Aviator »

I never really saw this thread as a platform to complain or gripe, or even to gauge the rate at which these hats are being turned out as has been previously mentioned. I always saw it as a way in which people could just regain there patience by knowing there are others that are waiting as well, or have indeed waited longer.

Sort of like a support group lol :lol: :[ ...Ok...maybe thats just me :P

Cheers
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

I like the list as it lets me get an idea of where things are without having to trouble someone.
I have never thought of it as a "complain" thread - I have seen it more of a novelty -
If people want to complain can you please start a new thread. I don't want this locked.
I like to see when people get their hats so I get a rough idea when I may be expecting mine.

If you don't like the list, don't come to the thread. If you have a beef with Steve - take it up with him! If you have praise for him, let him know. This was just a friendly service thread at first.

If people don't want it then go ahead, take it away. I offered to maintain the list - but if it upsets and frustrates people then it's not worth it. If people want it to stay, then fine.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

nicktheguy wrote:If people don't want it then go ahead, take it away. I offered to maintain the list - but if it upsets and frustrates people then it's not worth it. If people want it to stay, then fine.
...but only if it does not cause problems for the administation. We've received a few complaints via PM's from members in the past couple days regarding it offering technically false information, as it does NOT give an accurate indication as to where anyone stands in a production lineup. All it shows is when someone ordered something (in some cases to the best of their memory), and when others get theirs.

Some folks who are waiting haven't bothered to post, so the list just shows data compiled based on information offered by those who want to participate rather than offer a true overview to where anyone stands in the order.

As long as it's recognized as being nothing but a placebo for those waiting for their hats, no problem. If it creates tension and riffs, it will go the way of the doodoo bird.

Let's keep it friendly and recognized for what it is and all will be fine.

Regards! Michaelson
BigSuff
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by BigSuff »

Figured I'd throw my name on the list as well. AB Deluxe with a Raiders bash @ 22 1/2 inches ordered on 9/13/07.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Thing is, this list is for AB's made by Fedora, not AB deluxe models made by Marc, which begs to ask the question, how many of those listed are actually Deluxes and not standard AB's?

Regards! Michaelson