Why is it so difficult to get a reply from Wested?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

The Man with the Hat
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Why is it so difficult to get a reply from Wested?

Post by The Man with the Hat »

I've tried emailing Wested several times over several weeks using the email address they post on their website but I have not got a reply. I encountered the same poor customer service when I purchased their shirts and pants some time ago. How do you get a reply from Wested?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Try peter@wested.com and see if you can raise the man himself.

Regards! Michaelson
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

This happens to many people. They told me not long ago that they tried replying to me. I think their main email is screwy for some reason. If you send it to peter or gemma, then you get a pretty quick direct reply.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

I'm just going to put this out here, being completely objective, and hope it's of some value to someone as a prospective customer...

but after all the things I've seen/read on these forums, I really have a bad image of Wested in my head and would shy away from buying from them.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I know some people have had problems here but I've always gotten a quick reply and gotten a good product from them.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

I've had good response from Gemma on the Wested@ address up until my last email a couple of days ago. I tried the Peter@ address once but never did get a reply at all.
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

crismans wrote:I know some people have had problems here but I've always gotten a quick reply and gotten a good product from them.
Same here. Gemma always replied to my emails a day after I sent them.

Blue, Wested makes great jackets. You shouldn't judge them so quickly just because a few customers aren't getting quick replies. If ALL of Wested customers were complaing, then it's understandable for one to judge them. But not all customers are complaining, are they? Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm just trying to shed some light on thought of Wested.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

indy89 wrote:
crismans wrote:I know some people have had problems here but I've always gotten a quick reply and gotten a good product from them.
Same here. Gemma always replied to my emails a day after I sent them.

Blue, Wested makes great jackets. You shouldn't judge them so quickly just because a few customers aren't getting quick replies. If ALL of Wested customers were complaing, then it's understandable for one to judge them. But not all customers are complaining, are they? Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm just trying to shed some light on thought of Wested.
I'm just saying that's my on-the-surface opinion... like if they were interested in what a prospective customer thought, well, there ya go.
It's like you hear these people complaining and then you wonder "well gee will I be one that ends up having to complain"..

After doing a ton of searches on this site I've come up with numerous threads where people complained of poor customer service, jackets that were falling apart and then that one guy who didn't get his jacket after 7 months now even after being given someone's word.

So I'm just trying to offer up what an average Indy gear-head thinks in hopes it helps someone at Wested if they care about that sorta thing/their "public image".

(Still very interested in ordering from them someday though)
Last edited by blueoakleyz on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

Prospective- 1: relating to or effective in the future
2: likely to come about

Hope that helps you.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

indy89 wrote:Prospective- 1: relating to or effective in the future
2: likely to come about

Hope that helps you.
Yeah err I mean it's just a weird word hah
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

Right.
Russian Raider
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Russian Raider »

The Man with the Hat, keep on trying, a day ago we literally had a chat session with Gemma via email. :lol:
I think there are some problems with the spam filter, or too many letters for one person to deal with them.

blueoakleyz i dont think you need to be so hard n Wested. After all they are making custom things for affordable price. Where can you find such a thing? And they supply so many choices, you cant beat that.
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

I simply don't understand why a famous and respected company like Wested never want to change their mail system with a fully operational one (for ex. a simple and free Google account...)!

I've order recently from Wested, but I've had to submerge them with fax and mails (both Wested and Gemma address) only to have a single line of confirmation...

Their problem with mail it's known from both us and they, so why not to try to fix the problem? :?
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

BazzanoJones wrote:I simply don't understand why a famous and respected company like Wested never want to change their mail system with a fully operational one (for ex. a simple and free Google account...)!

I've order recently from Wested, but I've had to submerge them with fax and mails (both Wested and Gemma address) only to have a single line of confirmation...

Their problem with mail it's known from both us and they, so why not to try to fix the problem? :?
My guess is they are trying to fix it, but just want to hang on to the @wested extension. A couple of months ago quite some people here had a realy hard time getting through to them (I even helped some out as I had no problems getting through) but it has been getting better since then.
I am not computer savy enough to fully understand what's going on because in some cases (namely the ones I helped in) I know they did send a reply, or several, but it was never recieved.

If e-mail is giving you trouble, try calling them. If you are from the US you can reach them if you call in the morning. The costs might put you off a little, but in return you get direct contact with Peter or Gemma. And by the way, what's a few Dollars more on the price of a Jacket if that means you can make sure they know what you want without having to worry about if your e-mail will get through?

Regards, Geert
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

gwyddion wrote: If e-mail is giving you trouble, try calling them. If you are from the US you can reach them if you call in the morning.
Regards, Geert
Yeah, it's the best option, but... I have only been able to call them once. That's because I was, well, unemployed! Thus; home, awake, and not in a rush.

I've been lucky, though. I get replies. They are often unclear, but that's another issue all together. :[
misfit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by misfit »

This is what happened to me with wested, I ordered my jacket in a size 42 well I guess the brits are a little smaller than us yanks. I emailed Gemma told her my dilemma,”Gemma said send it back with instructions for what I needed in size”. I bag up the jacket and send it back to them now this is a week before Christmas. I emailed Gemma and told her the jacket was on its way. I asked what I will need to do for the return shipping Gemma said that she would contact me when they were going to ship my jacket back to me for payment. Well on December 23 I got my new jacket in a size larger and a perfect fit. They covered the shipping back and had it to me in less than a week. I will and would do business with wested again.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Russian Raider wrote:The Man with the Hat, keep on trying, a day ago we literally had a chat session with Gemma via email. :lol:
I think there are some problems with the spam filter, or too many letters for one person to deal with them.

blueoakleyz i dont think you need to be so hard n Wested. After all they are making custom things for affordable price. Where can you find such a thing? And they supply so many choices, you cant beat that.
No no I'm not I'm just trying to give some "on the surface" reaction
IndyAl
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyAl »

I never had problems with it. Gemma answers very quickly.
:lol:
Raider Of The Lost Ark
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Raider Of The Lost Ark »

Wested have a lot on their minds at the moment. They are still waiting for their supply of soft / washed goat. It's causeing problems getting orders compleated. Bear with them they do move heaven AND earth to help customers.
Dunross76
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dunross76 »

The same here. Gemma replies either the same day or next. As to Peter, it's best to reach over the phone. I never have any communication problems with either one and they're really nice to deal with. Also, I've been Wested's customer for quite a while and the fact that they've been putting up with me speaks volumes about them :-)!!!!!!!
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

blueoakleyz wrote:
Russian Raider wrote:The Man with the Hat, keep on trying, a day ago we literally had a chat session with Gemma via email. :lol:

Yeah, Blue. I understand what you're saying, but I still would give Wested a shot. A lot of people do complain about them because there are a lot of stitch nazis out there and the Wested jacket isn't spot on accurate. Nevertheless, it is a very good jacket and I love mine. I'd recommend the company to anyone. You should definitely give them a try. They aren't perfect, but they're definitely worth the money you pay. -M
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Mulceber wrote:
blueoakleyz wrote:

Yeah, Blue. I understand what you're saying, but I still would give Wested a shot. A lot of people do complain about them because there are a lot of stitch nazis out there and the Wested jacket isn't spot on accurate. Nevertheless, it is a very good jacket and I love mine. I'd recommend the company to anyone. You should definitely give them a try. They aren't perfect, but they're definitely worth the money you pay. -M
I will when I get enough money, for sure.
I just think that they might not realize some people might see a lot of complaints and by shy of ordering from them, especially being overseas for Americans.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

A fair point. I just wanted to make sure that you didn't get the wrong idea about them. -M