US Wings Blue Label Limited Edition jacket thread....

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

slydini
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by slydini »

I got a XXL
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

slydini wrote:I got a XXL
You like it? What do you think? I've yet to put Pecard's on mine. Soon though.
slydini
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by slydini »

JC1972 wrote:
slydini wrote:I got a XXL
You like it? What do you think? I've yet to put Pecard's on mine. Soon though.
I really like it. I have not put Pecards on it yet either. I like the way it feels, very nice fitting.
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

There will be a medium available in a few days - I just sent one back. Simply too full a cut. I could wear a small in this jacket and I wear a 42 suit coat. Also, the cut was quite 'wrong' compared to a Wested. I did like the longer length and the soft 'distressed' cowhide. One thing that really bothered me was the huge, thick collar. All in all, a nice leather jacket, but it just does not say 'Indy' to me. You could wear this medium if you wear a 44 and are 5'-8" to about 6'-0".
Trotsky
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Trotsky »

Well, I just got mine, applied some Pecards......wow. I love it! For the price I could not be happier. With the pecards applied it's a whole few shades darker.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

For $200, it's really a nice jacket! Sort of has the CS look.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I still have not found the time to have a go with Pecards but is something I am meaning to do. I want to do it before Halloween. Can you post some photos of the jacket post-Pecards.

Dave
defasselle
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by defasselle »

I got a L after returning an XL a couple weeks ago. I have Pecards on order, and I'm curious to see what the jacket looks like after being treated.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

What should I use to treat the jacket?
Nothing. It's brand freakin' new! Why would you NEED to treat it with anything? If it's to darken it up the Pecards will eventually sink in and it will lighten back up again. I'd use something else. Aren't there oils you can use for that purpose?
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

agent5 wrote:
What should I use to treat the jacket?
Nothing. It's brand freakin' new! Why would you NEED to treat it with anything? If it's to darken it up the Pecards will eventually sink in and it will lighten back up again. I'd use something else. Aren't there oils you can use for that purpose?
Although technically you really don't need to treat a new leather jacket, a treatment of Pecards will loosen the fibers and help the break-in process. They key is to use a very light application (dose).
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Rundquist, don't certain hides have trouble allowing the Pecards to sink in? Am I correct in remembering something like that or is it just all in the application?
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I really don't think that the jacket has to be darkened. Sure, its not as dark as the screen used jackets, but it is definately "Indy."

Dave
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

I used to have a non-Indy distressed jacket like this one, and after I applied the lotion, it totally changed the look, became much darker. The USW Blue Label appears similar to a CS jacket, and just has a different look from any other Indy jacket owned.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Would it be safe to throw this jacket into the wash? What type of cycle should I use? It would be great if it shrunk just a hair as I've lost some weight since buying the jacket.

Dave
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I was hoping to do this today. Can someone tell me if it would be unsafe to put this vintage cowhide in the wash? Thanks.

Dave
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

DR Ulloa wrote:I was hoping to do this today. Can someone tell me if it would be unsafe to put this vintage cowhide in the wash? Thanks.

Dave
I've not washed a vintage cowhide but I've washed just a lot of different leathers (including a Todd's cowhide) with no problems. I always went with cold wash/cold rinse and let them air dry and never have seen any shrinkage. I don't know if a wash would shrink the jackets (probably but I don't know for sure). I know some people have washed their jackets and then dried them on low heat to shrink them up some.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Thanks crismans. I'm still on the fence about doing it so I don't know. I may give it a try though.

Dave
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

I'd like to get an Indy jacket made out of this same USW Blue Label leather, with the pockets positioned closer to the zipper and straps away from the pockets.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Try their regular Indy jacket in the same cowhide. That might be waht you are looking for.

Dave
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

Well I ordered an XL...was told it was one of the last jackets they had availible! :)
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Well, I think you will like it. I have been wearing my Blue Label whenever the weather permits and it is holding up quite well. It seems as though everytime I wear it it looks better. The grain is coming out a lot now which gives it a great look. It has been naturally distressing and it looks awesome. I'll see if I can post some pics. In short, you won't be dissapointed...if it fits...that seems to be the problem with the Blue Label.

Dave
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

yeah..considering it is a "full cut" i ordered one size smaller (luckily, that was all they had)...it should get here this week and I will post pics when it does!
Trotsky
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Trotsky »

I have had this jacket since Christmas and man, it is looking GREAT! The grain is coming out well and it has broken in very, very well. In fact, It's my number one non-wool jacket. It even eclipsed my M-41s which I adore.
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

WELL, I recieved my jacket today. Simply put, it is one of the nicest jackets out there for the price. Heavy and tough and (i guess one can say oddly) looking like what Ford wore in the last movie even though it is based on a 20 year old pattern, this jacket won't dissapoint. I talked to the people at US wings and they are running out of jackets (they only have XL sizes avalible now). Here are some photos next to my Nowak CS jacket...

with flash

ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ortiz344 »

I got an XXL as well, love the color, especially with a coat of pecards to darken it a bit...