Wested TOD arrived!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Thank God, Peter!! :) What sizes will be going out next in the washed goat? Any 42s?

Nibs
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

That yourprops Jacket is mine. It seems to be the best way to cataloge my stuff. Yes it probably is wishful thinking but as soon as I recieve the jacket I will alter the description accordingly. The "satin sheen" inscription was a "special request" I added. I figured since the original had that written inside the jacket, I should have it somewhere on my jacket too. The rest is straight from the website and info found here. Tell to you the truth I posted it as a temp page because I didn't know it was going to take two months to make the jacket. Nothing against Peter, I just forgot to alter it. You guys should try posting your stuff there! :mrgreen:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

ReturningSon wrote:That yourprops Jacket is mine. It seems to be the best way to cataloge my stuff. Yes it probably is wishful thinking but as soon as I recieve the jacket I will alter the description accordingly. The "satin sheen" inscription was a "special request" I added. I figured since the original had that written inside the jacket, I should have it somewhere on my jacket too. The rest is straight from the website and info found here. Tell to you the truth I posted it as a temp page because I didn't know it was going to take two months to make the jacket. Nothing against Peter, I just forgot to alter it. You guys should try posting your stuff there! :mrgreen:
no problem, I just found it in a search and thought I'd put the link here. I hope you don't mind. The only other thing in the description that there is still disagreement on around here is who made the ToD hero jacket and where.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

RCSignals wrote: The only other thing in the description that there is still disagreement on around here is who made the ToD hero jacket and where.
No there isn't. Some folks just don't want to believe the research. That's all. :lol: ;-)

Regards! Michaelson
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Michaelson wrote:
RCSignals wrote: The only other thing in the description that there is still disagreement on around here is who made the ToD hero jacket and where.
No there isn't. Some folks just don't want to believe the research. That's all. :lol: ;-)

Regards! Michaelson
I guess I was trying to be diplomatic in my wording :| ;-)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:lol: Understood! ;-)

Regards! Michaelson
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

PETER wrote:OK washed goat located at Heathrow.
Picking it up this morning and straigh to the cutting room.
Cheers
Peter
Great news!! Thanks for the update, Peter! :)

Kind regards,
Craig
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Has anyone esle seen a TOD jacket yet? Surely at least a few of the '20 sent out' would have been to members here?
Too bad for those who ordered in washed goat; it's been nearly two months already for some.
What about the other hides and sizes? I will call this evening and
see what I can find out.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

You'd think there would be at least a few more here who ordered a 40.

20 is a lot of jackets
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I had originally went with the washed goat but, with an eye toward durability and looks in years to come, changed to the regular goat.

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. :twisted:
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Kevin Anderson wrote:Has anyone esle seen a TOD jacket yet? Surely at least a few of the '20 sent out' would have been to members here?
Too bad for those who ordered in washed goat; it's been nearly two months already for some.
What about the other hides and sizes? I will call this evening and
see what I can find out.
I'm sure there are. But you have to remember there are a few thousand members that occupy COW and really only about two hundred or so that post here regularly, or at all. Many, many prefer to stay out of the social politics and simply learn from reading then moving on with their purchases, etc.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Then also how many of those few thousand are active even reading, or how many have more than one account.
Still only 2 reporting out of twenty sent so far seems odd.

Maybe the rest are being 'held' as Christmas presents.
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Good point. :-k
Many variables to consider.
MACHONE
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by MACHONE »

It's also very possible some of the jackets were also ordered by those who are not even COW members. Some could have gotten word of the production just from reading COW. Others from other boards, not to mention the fact that the jackets are just there on Peter's site for all to order... after a TOD offering had been unavailable for some time now.
-Ben
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Very true, but only two here so far still seems odd to me.
There's the rest of the week, so we'll see.
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

None of this makes me any happier about waiting so long for my jacket order.
However, I guess it's no good complaining on here; I've sent a quick email to Peter to see if I can find out what's going on with my order.
Fingers crossed it's been sent and I'll see it by the end of the week.
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Also bear in mind that it's Christmas season, it's winter, and Peter's in the leather jacket business. These factors alone precipitate a wait and a need to be patient.
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

So far, the only real update we've had is that washed goat has been located, and is to be cut soon. Not so helpful for those of us who ordered in different hides.
As I mentioned earlier, I've emailed Peter, and I'm sure I'll know everything I need soon.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I was under the impression that the washed goat had already been cut, as I got an email from Gemma last week telling me that my jacket had already been cut. :-k

Nibs
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Anyway, I've just received a very prompt reply from Peter, so I'm happy.
Just a few days to go!
Thank you Peter! :) He's always been kind enough to reply to my emails.
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

It's never the shipping you'd have to worry about. As speed goes UK shipping is about the best I've ever encountered. They're magic. :tup:
PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

I am as sick as a parrot!
Having picked up the washed goatskin I find that all the skins have a dark shading mark down the middle of the skin known as a backbone mark.
I have been on the tannery and apparently there is a shortage of raw material which is no excuse in sending me the skins like this.. So I will try to cut round the problem which for the smaller sizes may be OK but not the larger. So if anyone wants to change the skin type from Goat let me know otherwise its a wait.
Sorry
Peter
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Sorry to hear, Peter. But also, cheers for not settling with a substandard batch, just to rush out jacket orders. Appreciated! :)
r.deckard
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by r.deckard »

Found out yesterday that mine is on its way. 42L in authentic lamb.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Wow Peter, "sick as a parrot". I've never heard that before. Is it just a UK expression?

Now I've certainly heard of a "dead parrot", but I've never been sick as one.

Still loving my off the rack lamb BTW!!
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

ya, its english. not sure of the origin though :P

Be as sick as a parrot (British, humorous):
to be very disappointed. Example: Tim was sick as a parrot when he heard Manchester had lost the match.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Ahhhh, thanks so much. That really clears it up. I almost told him to get well soon!

So, to use it in an appropriate sentence.....Chelsea fans were all sick as a parrot as the Blues practically handed Man U. the Champions League final match.
Piers
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Piers »

Kevin Anderson wrote:Anyway, I've just received a very prompt reply from Peter, so I'm happy.
Just a few days to go!
Thank you Peter! :) He's always been kind enough to reply to my emails.
Lucky you! I sent an email and a PM, but haven't received a reply yet

shame about the washed goat!! :|
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Well, at least I was told that mine (44) would be finished this week and will ship out next week. I appreciate the quick replys from Wested.....but one thing that kinda upsets me is that Wested should have put a disclaimer or a note next to the TOD jacket on the website when it went up for sale stating that the jacket was a preorder and that there would be a longer than the usual wait time....as is right now on their website, you would think the TOD jacket is available to go in whatever hide and size you want.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

binkmeisterRick wrote:Alright, children. Behave or off to bed with no supper and you'll get coal in your stockings. The best Christmas present I could get this year is to not have to clean up these messes... (which I just did.)
Please explain... What mess?

Nibs
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Bink must have read a bad Nowak or AB review and spilled his free 8 oz. McCafe latte all over the place. :lol:

I had to, Bink. First thing that popped into my head. In jest, of course. I fully accept starvation in which case I can eat my lump of coal. Oh, and if you haven't gone to McDonalds to get your free 8oz. latte, I suggest you do. They are amazingly good. Seriously.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Yep, and to be edited out later. :lol: Heck, I don't mind reading a bad review of anything if it's based off of facts and direct experience with a product, but that seems a bit much to ask sometimes.

ANyhow, sometimes folks don't play nice and it makes for a mess to clean up. Like this morning. Back to the topic at hand, please, before I spill another coffee. ;-) (Free coffee?! \:D/ )
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

binkmeisterRick wrote: (Free coffee?! \:D/ )
Did someone call me? :[

Regard! Michaelson
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

Small details aside (which should be fixed considering there was a physical jacket there to copy), it looks really TOD. :tup:
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Thanks for clearing that up, Bink

Nibs
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

PSBIndy wrote:Well, at least I was told that mine (44) would be finished this week and will ship out next week. I appreciate the quick replys from Wested.....but one thing that kinda upsets me is that Wested should have put a disclaimer or a note next to the TOD jacket on the website when it went up for sale stating that the jacket was a preorder and that there would be a longer than the usual wait time....as is right now on their website, you would think the TOD jacket is available to go in whatever hide and size you want.
To be fair, you can only find the ToD if you go to the Custom section, and you petty much have to know that ahead of time.
I think anyone who reads here should have had the impression this was a custom pre-order and might take some time to receive.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

binkmeisterRick wrote:Yep, and to be edited out later. :lol: Heck, I don't mind reading a bad review of anything if it's based off of facts and direct experience with a product, but that seems a bit much to ask sometimes.

ANyhow, sometimes folks don't play nice and it makes for a mess to clean up. Like this morning. Back to the topic at hand, please, before I spill another coffee. ;-) (Free coffee?! \:D/ )
I missed whatever it was. Oh well.
From your comment B(r)ink, I guess someone else received a jacket ?
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

PETER wrote:I am as sick as a parrot!
Having picked up the washed goatskin I find that all the skins have a dark shading mark down the middle of the skin known as a backbone mark.
I have been on the tannery and apparently there is a shortage of raw material which is no excuse in sending me the skins like this.. So I will try to cut round the problem which for the smaller sizes may be OK but not the larger. So if anyone wants to change the skin type from Goat let me know otherwise its a wait.
Sorry
Peter
I can understand the disappointment. Is this just a colour mark or an actual weak area? Some people will be distressing their jacket and for tehm this mark might add character? Maybe if you post a picture of the hide with the mark some people waiting for washed goatskin will find it acceptable and let you know.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

RCSignals wrote:
PSBIndy wrote:Well, at least I was told that mine (44) would be finished this week and will ship out next week. I appreciate the quick replys from Wested.....but one thing that kinda upsets me is that Wested should have put a disclaimer or a note next to the TOD jacket on the website when it went up for sale stating that the jacket was a preorder and that there would be a longer than the usual wait time....as is right now on their website, you would think the TOD jacket is available to go in whatever hide and size you want.
To be fair, you can only find the ToD if you go to the Custom section, and you petty much have to know that ahead of time.
I think anyone who reads here should have had the impression this was a custom pre-order and might take some time to receive.
Right, but usual times for a custom is 21 days.....this TOD jacket has taken MUCH longer than that. I really hope it'll be worth it. [-o<
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

PSBIndy wrote:
Right, but usual times for a custom is 21 days.....this TOD jacket has taken MUCH longer than that. I really hope it'll be worth it. [-o<
I don't know what hide you ordered but with the detail changes Peter has said he's making, and other than possible arm size, I think you'll be pleased.
Mine has stretched out in many of the areas it felt a bit snug, even the arms, but I'd still like the upper arms through the elbow area to be a little more roomy.
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

RCSignals wrote:
PSBIndy wrote:
I don't know what hide you ordered but with the detail changes Peter has said he's making, and other than possible arm size, I think you'll be pleased.
Mine has stretched out in many of the areas it felt a bit snug, even the arms, but I'd still like the upper arms through the elbow area to be a little more roomy.
We've seen some close-up details of your jacket but I don't think we've seen any pics of the fit. Any chance you can give us some picks of you wearing your TOD. I shouldn't be the only reference. ;-)
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Browncoat »

PSBIndy wrote:Well, at least I was told that mine (44) would be finished this week and will ship out next week.
Thanks for the update. I am 44 as well so if they are making the jacket in batches by size. I should be able to expect mine in the same timeframe.

At least now I can call of the dogs (so to speak) on watching for the mailman until after Christmas.
Clutters
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Clutters »

PETER wrote:I am as sick as a parrot!
Sorry
Peter
Hope you get better soon.
My ROLA washed got I got last month has the same problem - big black line down the back panel that looks like a sweat mark. Did you receive my emails and photos? cheers
Nebraska Brad
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Nebraska Brad »

Tron7960 wrote:Arm is 14" flexed, but a natural flex.

Don't plan on doing a lot of work-outs in this jacket, so not pumped up, just the natural flexion and extension of arm.

Jacket is 15-1/2 at this point, but of course is itself flexible as the leather has give. So no, not tight to my standards.

Also the nylon lining makes for a real smooth movement inside jacket.
My arm is 15.5" with a passive bend of the elbow so I'm guessing that this jacket will not fit as is?

-Nebraska
HWaltonJonesJr.Phd
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by HWaltonJonesJr.Phd »

agent5 wrote: Oh, and if you haven't gone to McDonalds to get your free 8oz. latte, I suggest you do. They are amazingly good. Seriously.
agent 5 you just lost some cred in Seattle
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

I gotta say, man, I'm impressed with this Temple o' Doom jacket. Peter definitely nailed it!

I haven't purchased an Indy jacket from Peter for awhile now, but once I see this washed goat, I'm seriously thinking of purchasing one. I'm just impressed! I've never been to keen on the movie, but the jacket has always looked the sweetest. It's great to see this jacket resurrected!

Well done Peter,
Aaron
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I'm sticking to my guns and the goat for right now. :lol: I hope that some original hardware has been set back for me (but, to be honest, I'm not sure I'd know either way) and I'll endure the wait.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Man I can't take the anticipation... And it stinks bc I know it will be probably at least another month before I receive my TOD :cry:

Nibs
Fortune and Glory
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Fortune and Glory »

Tron --

That jacket looks great on you! If you don't mind my asking, what's your ballpark height and weight?

Congrats again. Lots of character to this one. Can't wait to see pics of others.
PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

Here is the fault It is on every skin some worse than others.
If you are going to distress or can live with it let me know
Peter