TN 1 plus TN 4 = LC ?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

TN 1 plus TN 4 = LC ?

Post by Han Jones »

I have been thinking that one could get a pretty good LC jacket if you had Tony do CS jacket with shorter pockets and Rola pocket flaps. He could distress it just right as well. Thoughts...
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

One thing comes to mind: another over priced jacket

Nibs
Fortune and Glory
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Fortune and Glory »

Another thing comes to mind: another Wested fanboy.

Han, instead of just taking the opportunity to merely snipe I would say that this could certainly be done. TN is no doubt capable.

That said, Wested already makes a fine LC jacket. In my opinion -- which is no more or less than one of many -- the LC jacket is their strength. You can tell in most all their jackets that the original LC pattern still exists over there.

That said, the CS is no doubt a direct descendant and you could certainly have TN modify and distress it however you want. As knibs noted, this would cost more.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Fortune and Glory wrote:Another thing comes to mind: another Wested fanboy.

Han, instead of just taking the opportunity to merely snipe I would say that this could certainly be done. TN is no doubt capable.

That said, Wested already makes a fine LC jacket. In my opinion -- which is no more or less than one of many -- the LC jacket is their strength. You can tell in most all their jackets that the original LC pattern still exists over there.

That said, the CS is no doubt a direct descendant and you could certainly have TN modify and distress it however you want. As knibs noted, this would cost more.
If that was directed toward me, I have a TN CS jacket. I just think they are over priced

Nibs
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

I have 4 Wested LC and have not got one that I think has the proper collar pocket combo. I have 2 TN CS and a Raiders on the way I was just looking to the future. The Nowak quality is second to none and well worth the price.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Fortune and Glory wrote:................

You could ask Holt about it.
D
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by D »

I'm not so sure Wested has the LC pattern down yet. Plus, their recent offerings seem to be a hit or miss as far as being either a CS or LC. I started a post like this about a week ago saying TN would make a killer LC jacket. He of all people might be able to get his hands on a screen used one, plus I think he would be able to do the distressing justice (that's what really makes or breaks the LC jacket look I think). And you know he would be faithful to the details!
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

ROLA flaps???

on a LC???

oki :[
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

They say you are the LC man so do you have any great pics of the pockets. I have seen the smithsonian LC jacket and they look nothing like my Wested. The wested pockets look more like the CS pockets.
IndianaSVT
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndianaSVT »

I think if you want Tony to make a LC jacket then that would be no problem. He did have the Smithsonian jacket to copy & that was a LC right?
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

I'm confused whether it is an LC given to TN to review for the CS jacket or another prototype jacket developed by Lee Keppler and made by G+B but not used and stored in the archives.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

RCSignals wrote:I'm confused whether it is an LC given to TN to review for the CS jacket or another prototype jacket developed by Lee Keppler and made by G+B but not used and stored in the archives.
I think it was the latter. This prototype was the same jacket that was the base for the LC jacket.

If I've got my facts straight. ;-)
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

I think there was something about the LC jacket differing from the Keppler archive jacket as well.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Fortune and Glory wrote:Another thing comes to mind: another Wested fanboy.

As has been said here many times before the Wested LC as standard looks nothing like the movie jacket. I don't think Wested have any patterns to any jackets. If they do, they are not using them.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

They do have a pattern for the ToD jacket
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I'm sure it has already been discussed, but I can't remember seeing it in any threads, but I just can't understand how or why Peter lost the patterns for the LC jacket.

Nibs
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

knibs7 wrote:I'm sure it has already been discussed, but I can't remember seeing it in any threads, but I just can't understand how or why Peter lost the patterns for the LC jacket.

Nibs
No one has ever said they are lost - it's just that the jackets made don't look anything like the film version. Wested has never said anythign about patterns that makes sense. Remember up until recently they sold a ToD as one they produced for the film when a) they did not and b) the jacket was just the same as the Raiders (and not accurate).
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

Yeah, what Wested used to pass off for an LC jacket was totally off. I’m not talking “stitch nazi” stuff either. The collar configuration was Raiders & Doom. It was plain wrong. Even if all their current offering is, is just a CS jacket, it’s still light years better than what they used to sell.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

So does that mean that Peter DOES still have the LC patterns? If so, why don't the LC jackets look anything like the film version? Am I missing something here?

Nibs
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

knibs7 wrote:So does that mean that Peter DOES still have the LC patterns? If so, why don't the LC jackets look anything like the film version? Am I missing something here?

Nibs
Common sense would say that he doesn't. But deductive reasoning can lead you to the wrong place in this hobby. :-k
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

knibs7 wrote:So does that mean that Peter DOES still have the LC patterns? If so, why don't the LC jackets look anything like the film version? Am I missing something here?

Nibs
Hey man, no one knows and no one has said. But as Rundquist suggests, if they are still around why are they not used? Common sense says there are no original Wested patterns for any of the jackets.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Ya it DOES seem logical that the patterns are gone forever. I just can't seem to fathom why you would not keep jacket patterns, especially ones made for a major motion picture... :-k

Nibs
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Nibs
this may have been answered at some point -probably was, maybe many times, I just haven't come across it. (then again, I wasn't looking)
...but, ok, Raiders, I can see Wested making the jackets for the movie and not thinking much of it afterward. Then Temple, again, ok, we made more jackets for another movie, different, though since we forgot how the others looked or couldn't/didn't/ reference the raiders pattern. Then...a third movie, same character, needing the same -supposedly- jacket? I think I would have had a 'control' jacket stashed away and the exact pattern on file to duplicate it again if necessary or desired.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Wested fan, and I think Peter is an extremely patient man dealing with freaks like us over stuff like this, and I'm glad he's in business to offer us a jacket from the original Indy jacket maker at very reasonable prices. I just wish that when you ordered a jacket, you got an exact copy of the real one, as Tony does with the CS. -then again, I wouldn't pay what he charges even if HF personally slept in each one before they shipped out!
Hopefully with people like Holt reverse engineering for us, we can reach that goal.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Kokopelli wrote:

Nibs
this may have been answered at some point -probably was, maybe many times, I just haven't come across it. (then again, I wasn't looking)
...but, ok, Raiders, I can see Wested making the jackets for the movie and not thinking much of it afterward. Then Temple, again, ok, we made more jackets for another movie, different, though since we forgot how the others looked or couldn't/didn't/ reference the raiders pattern. Then...a third movie, same character, needing the same -supposedly- jacket? I think I would have had a 'control' jacket stashed away and the exact pattern on file to duplicate it again if necessary or desired.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Wested fan, and I think Peter is an extremely patient man dealing with freaks like us over stuff like this, and I'm glad he's in business to offer us a jacket from the original Indy jacket maker at very reasonable prices. I just wish that when you ordered a jacket, you got an exact copy of the real one, as Tony does with the CS. -then again, I wouldn't pay what he charges even if HF personally slept in each one before they shipped out!
Hopefully with people like Holt reverse engineering for us, we can reach that goal.
I agree with everything you said. ;-)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Kokopelli wrote: Hopefully with people like Holt reverse engineering for us, we can reach that goal.
LOL.

you guys are putting alot on my back..... :[
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Kokopelli wrote: this may have been answered at some point -probably was, maybe many times, I just haven't come across it. (then again, I wasn't looking)
Yes, except They didn't make the ToD jacket, although they now have a pattern for it.

Holt has an excellent eye for accuracy, not just "screen accuracy"
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

I did the search on LC pockets but could not find any info, does anyone have the LC pocket size?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

that depends on the jacket size man..
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Indiana Holt wrote:that depends on the jacket size man..
:-k who's the jacket size man? :?

:P
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

RCSignals wrote:
Indiana Holt wrote:that depends on the jacket size man..
:-k who's the jacket size man? :?

:P
Ohhhhh you're a funny one :lol:

Nibs
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

Jacket size 44 man..
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Like some parody of Kevin Costner, if he built it, I'd probably buy it. His jackets really fit me well.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Kokopelli wrote:

Nibs
I don't know one way or another, but as a hypothetical... you do one film after another, in that mix are hundreds of films and stage plays, Star Wars, Aliens, Bonds, Carry Ons, Indys, Pirates, Potter, Les Mis, ... each film has multiple costumes, do you really keep all the patterns? Where do you put them? Especially when the costume dept has said... that's it! We're not making any more.

That said there are a couple of rails of about 15ft long in the back at Wested all made up of old patterns some of it hasn't been touched in years and years, you never know what is in there.

The old pattern was the one that became the template for the Wings Blue label. SA or non.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Han Jones wrote:Jacket size 44 man..
hey man.. ;-)

the pockets for my 44 LC is 6.5'' x7''
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Kt Templar wrote:.............
The old pattern was the one that became the template for the Wings Blue label. SA or non.
assuming that it was not Cooper's submission, and really was an actual unused stunt jacket, or that the production company hadn't put the Cooper submission aside for that purpose 'just in case' and gave it back to Cooper at the end
There is a lot of inconsistencies with that jacket, especially the pockets.