Temple jacket proto for US Wings.

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

Any word on sizing,is it going to be letter (s,m,lg)or number (44,46,50) I hope they go with the number like their miltary jackets. thanks again guys you've done well and we owe ya a beer or a cookie. ;-)
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

Cannot wait for this...Lets see it! :)
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

crismans wrote:Just got off the phone with Wings and was told that the production department had completed the new prototype and mailed it back to them and they would probably get it tomorrow. So we're much closer now. 8)
Can't wait!!! :shock:

Nibs
Indy_Mic
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indy_Mic »

As long as there are a couple of Talls (Longs) in the mix, I'm in as well. ;-)
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

I'm definitely wanting one if offered in 42, 44, 46 sizes ...not if in L, XL ..I'm just in that in between size but would prefer US Wings quality if history is any predictor.........
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

I am REALLLY interested in this development... I emailed Sarge last year with some suggestions and he seemed very receptive. I think it is just an issue of making big changes on the production floor to what is a proven (and purchased by many of us!) design.

If they can really nail details of this jacket, they will have a design that will sell far more than ever before... As I said before, people tend to buy the gear from the original company when possible.

I know if they can fix just a few of the isses (stormflap/collar/collar stand connection, back panel width, strap buckles, pocket size and overall fit/cut) they will have a winner!

C3!
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

coronado3 wrote:If they can really nail details of this jacket, they will have a design that will sell far more than ever before... As I said before, people tend to buy the gear from the original company when possible.

agree........that is a very strong selling feature for me. any chance that this new jacket offering can make a nod to it's ancestors?...say, calling it 'the cooper' of something?

.....or how about the 'banned from filming in india' jacket............'the french connection' jacket..........the.....oops...gotta go, they are paging me to the psyche ward........ :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Back under the Plymouth with you then. :roll: :lol:

Regard! Michaelson
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

I do like "The Cooper" as the name for this jacket. Or "The Temple" adventure jacket. they will definitly need a new name for this one...
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Just to update: they've gotten the prototype at Wings and are going to mail it to me. I'm hoping to get it by the end of next week (although this is only my estimation).

Getting really excited and nervous wondering what they made of Holt's and my spec sheet.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Ok here is probably a REALLY STUPID question, but was the maker of the TOD
"Cooper" named "Cooper"? The whole US Wings/ Cooper thing has me confused :-k

Nibs
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

crismans wrote:Just to update: they've gotten the prototype at Wings and are going to mail it to me. I'm hoping to get it by the end of next week (although this is only my estimation).

Getting really excited and nervous wondering what they made of Holt's and my spec sheet.
crismans, you should send it to me to examine........cuz i know everything about the TOD jacket......everything........... :-

oh...who am i kidding.......can i have it??? :P

seriously, i can't wait to see what they cooked up for you. i'm particularly interested to see if they have strayed from their larger pattern sizes.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

knibs7 wrote:Ok here is probably a REALLY STUPID question, but was the maker of the TOD

Nibs
From what I've read, Cooper was a separate company (named Cooper), but when the ToD jacket job came up, Wings funded Cooper so they could produce it. Later Wings took over or bought out the company and absorbed the Cooper name.

(to make it more confusing there was another company named something like Cooper Sportswear)

This is why I asked
RCSignals wrote:Just wondering. Does Wings have anything left from Cooper about the original ToD jacket?
edited for jumbled words
Last edited by RCSignals on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

RCSignals wrote:
This is why I asked
RCSignals wrote:Just wondering. Does Wings have anything left from Cooper about the original ToD jacket?
Ok thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering that too- if US Wings had anything from Cooper left over...

Nibs
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Can't wait till I see the pics!
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

me as well! :)
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

Did you get the prototype yet!!!! I am waiting to compare it to the Wested version...
:cry:
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Not yet. There was a problem with the address, since resolved. ;-)
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

knibs7 wrote:Ok here is probably a REALLY STUPID question, but was the maker of the TOD

Nibs
More info from the main page on the site:

Neal Cooper had previously claimed to have submitted prototype jackets to Deborah Nadoolman for “Raiders.” While this could not be substantiated in any way beyond anecdotal recollections by David Hack, the design used by Cooper implied a remarkably detailed knowledge of the state of the jacket design at the time Deborah Nadoolman left Los Angeles and before Peter Botwright created his final design...

...Regardless, Cooper bought the license rights to the jacket with funding from Hack.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Minnesota Jones wrote:

Nibs
More info from the main page on the site:

Neal Cooper had previously claimed to have submitted prototype jackets to Deborah Nadoolman for “Raiders.” While this could not be substantiated in any way beyond anecdotal recollections by David Hack, the design used by Cooper implied a remarkably detailed knowledge of the state of the jacket design at the time Deborah Nadoolman left Los Angeles and before Peter Botwright created his final design...

...Regardless, Cooper bought the license rights to the jacket with funding from Hack.
That refers to the Raiders jacket, not ToD
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

coronado3 wrote:Did you get the prototype yet!!!! I am waiting to compare it to the Wested version...
:cry:
I wouldnt get my hopes up for the jacket being as SA as the wested temple jacket.afterall the jacket wested had is an original..

we had to guess the specs.

but it should be very SA if they did it after all the specs I had made...but that can be difficult too..

so..I am hoping myself..
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I'm sure they will still produce a great looking jacket

Nibs
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

knibs7 wrote:I'm sure they will still produce a great looking jacket

Nibs
I totally agree. I don't doubt that it will be a great jacket. I'm just getting nervous about the SA details as the time approaches.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

will see..

first we need to get this to us to check it..
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

If it's as well made as the general US Wings jackets, it'll be a great buy. Sorry if this is covered - is there a goat version coming?
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

As I understand it (take that with a grain of salt), Sgt. Hack's plan is to make 100 of these and offer them here. We ran a poll a while back and the majority of people wanted the jacket in Wings antique lamb (which is a very nice hide).

If the 100 jackets sell like gangbusters? One can only speculate... :-k
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Eyes...hungry. ...Need...pics! :twisted:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

crismans wrote:
knibs7 wrote:I'm sure they will still produce a great looking jacket

Nibs
I totally agree. I don't doubt that it will be a great jacket. I'm just getting nervous about the SA details as the time approaches.
Obviously I don't know what your details are. The jacket does have some different details, such as the collar construction and teh vent construction.
I can understand the change Wested made to the vent, even though the NH jacket was different.
The other odd area as you know is the rear yoke. I always assumed the sleeve end of the top yoke seam sat to the back because the jacket hung that way off the shoulder. It's actually constructed that way though, the real top of the shoulder does not line up with that seam. I don't know if that was by design, or an error in the original construction, but that's obviously the way it is.