Is it bad I want another jacket?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Is it bad I want another jacket?

Post by Indiana Joyce »

Youve seen my custom LC wested novapelle.

I love it, its comfy, it looks neat.

But at the same time I see it and think...what if the back was an inch longer..what if you had gotten the silver zipper...what if you had ordered it in goat, or lamb...

I really cant afford a new jacket right now, but I can just hear peoples reactions when I can...dont you already have an indy jacket? why do you need two?

I know a few of you own more than one jacket, and in some cases more than one from more than one vendor.
Why? And whats it like having more than one?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

welcome to the temple of the jacket loonies

you are ready to enter..

:lol:
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

Indiana Holt wrote:welcome to the temple of the jacket loonies

you are ready to enter..

holt....you're not allowed to comment here as it is only for multiple indy jacket owners..................go by a second jacket and then we can talk :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

joyce....i see that the bug has bitten you. like i said, the quest for THE jacket is the quest for the devine in us all :lol:

are you looking for more authenticity per what you see on the screen or are you looking for a better fit?

regardless....if you start down this road, you're gonna need a second mortgage, so beware :lol:
DoubleOhSeven
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DoubleOhSeven »

you are ready to enter..

Indeed.

My wife even calls it a disease.

No cure, I'm afraid.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

You've come to the wrong place to get an objective answer to the question of is it wrong to want another jacket. That's like asking Mola Ram if he has enough hearts in his collection.

Just take it slow or you'll break the bank--believe me. :o
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Indiana G wrote:

you are ready to enter..

holt....you're not allowed to comment here as it is only for multiple indy jacket owners..................go by a second jacket and then we can talk :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

joyce....i see that the bug has bitten you. like i said, the quest for THE jacket is the quest for the devine in us all :lol:

are you looking for more authenticity per what you see on the screen or are you looking for a better fit?

regardless....if you start down this road, you're gonna need a second mortgage, so beware :lol:
IJ I "feel you."

I joined COW in May and ordered my first jacket in May. Since May I have recieved three jackets for myself and one for my son. I currently own a Wested ROTLA Novapelle custom and a Todd's standard for myself, I sold off my original Wested OTR authentic lamb. My son has the US Wings "kids" Indy jacket.

I still am considering another jacket purchase for myself, especially after seeing Holt's newest ROTLA jacket.

But the really sick, :shock: :twisted: , thing is I am looking into purchasing my son a more SA and better fitting jacket already.
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Is it bad I want another jacket?

Post by bigrex »

Indiana Joyce wrote:Youve seen my custom LC wested novapelle.

But at the same time I see it and think...what if the back was an inch longer..what if you had gotten the silver zipper...what if you had ordered it in goat, or lamb...
Ha, that's how I felt, it always seems like your jacket can be more "perfect" or an even better jacket is just around the bend or something. Maybe it would be cheaper in the long run if we all just pooled resources, hopped a flight to Kent, England, were fitted in person and be done with it already, but I'm sure everyone would still find things to modify anyway. lol. :lol:
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

I think you should try to be as happy with the one you have and wear it till it dies. (I have a few of these jackets already, so I'm one to talk.)

But what I've found best for me is my USW cowhide that's turnign out to be great for the winter with it's cotton lining and thicker leather (I live in a place where we measure snow in feet instead of inches) and my Wested washed goat for warmer weather, casual wear.

Don't really need more than that (even though I have more) and the quest for something extreme SA just doesn't have much meaning for me. I'm am tempted by the Expo because I think that would probably be SA enough while lasting a long time.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Raider S wrote:
Don't really need more than that (even though I have more) and the quest for something extreme SA just doesn't have much meaning for me. I'm am tempted by the Expo because I think that would probably be SA enough while lasting a long time.
While I do have the SA bug to a certain degree, what gets me is the new hides or a different company. For instance, Wested comes out with the washed goat? I want to see what it's like. I've not owned a G and B or a Magnoli? Dang it, I want to wear one and see what they're like.

It is truly a disease.
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

My problem is I CAN afford another jacket, so I have to resist temptations, or I'll be broke buying props, vintage clothing and the like.
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

It's a obsession. I ordered a Wested custom Raiders jacket, I haven't received it yet but I'm already thinking of ordering a G&B Expo. Chances are I won't, but the thought of ordering another jacket after I just ordered one scares me. There's no cure.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Hmmm...I guess I'm just lucky in that I bought the perfect jacket the first time, so I don't need or want another one. :)
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

I own 2 one wested otr goat and a wings goat, I'm torn about getting another one,like wested's TOD or the wings TOD, or saving for a Tony Nowak 1, I was saving but had to use the money for somehing else,plus Holts new jacket is another one I want, my problem is I want only 1 jacket to wear and die with but havn't made up my mind which one that could be. It's a disease but a fun one.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

At one point, I once briefly owned 14 jackets......it's never enough. :)
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Zombie Jones wrote:Hmmm...I guess I'm just lucky in that I bought the perfect jacket the first time, so I don't need or want another one. :)
Is yours a TN ?
rick5150
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by rick5150 »

It is not wrong to want more jackets. You need multiple jackets. Once you have your fill of Indy jackets, there are a LOT of other cool jackets out there. Watch virtually any movie and the main character will be sporting a great jacket. That was my downfall. I liked too many of them. I have long crossed the point where it was 'wrong' to own as many as I have, but it did not seem to slow me down either.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

...it's bad, it's bad!

So what are you after next? ;-)
DVD Connoisseur
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DVD Connoisseur »

Before I discovered Rick's site, number of film jackets in my wardrobe = 0.

I now have 9 in a period of 6 months.... :oops:

The more designs I see, the more I want. Still, as far as addictions go, this one keeps me warm and dry.
Last edited by DVD Connoisseur on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Is it bad I want another jacket?

Post by Browncoat »

Indiana Joyce wrote:I can just hear peoples reactions when I can...dont you already have an indy jacket? why do you need two?
Well you can always explain to them that there are FOUR movies. You need one jacket to represent each film! :lol:

The past two years I have been a bit prone to injury so I have gone from being fit to being extremely out of shape to being fit again. Needless to say, because of sizing fluctuations, I had all but stopped buying new jackets during that time.

The great thing was it allowed me to appreciate the ones that I did have. Sometimes its nice to stop and smell the roses, well new leather in this case, before moving on to the next one.

There will always be a want for more...
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

I want more than one jacket because I'm on the quest to find the perfect jacket for me. Perfect length, leather, zipper, fit, etc.....but then, my ideas change. Oh why can't I be content.... :cry:

Oh jacket gods why have you forsaken me!!!! :x
rick5150
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by rick5150 »

_ wrote:Me? Oh, I'm just shooting the bull-chips about this. I'm content with the TN CS.
No, no, no! You need a Bates T-2. That style needs someone with a physique, although I have to say that you seem suited to brown more than black. Maybe it is just me. How did the X-2 jacket turn out? Oh, and forget Belstaff - it ain't gonna happen for you. :mrgreen:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

IJ asked: "Is it bad, I want another jacket?"

To which I asked:

...it's bad, it's bad!

...so which one do you want to get next? ;-)

Jacket itch syndrome! :P
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

I want a TOD. I will probably only ever own two jackets, both westeds, because of the price of a custom jacket. Everyone elses price for a custom is way out of my price range. If I could afford it, Id have a Todds, a Nowak, and a couple of Westeds.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Hatch wrote:
Zombie Jones wrote:Hmmm...I guess I'm just lucky in that I bought the perfect jacket the first time, so I don't need or want another one. :)
Is yours a TN ?
No; my use of the word "perfect" was a little joke just for me. I have a custom Wested Raiders jacket in Novapelle. Obviously it's not screen accurate, but it's perfect for me, which is exactly what I wanted.
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Zombie Jones wrote:
Hatch wrote:
Is yours a TN ?
No; my use of the word "perfect" was a little joke just for me. I have a custom Wested Raiders jacket in Novapelle. Obviously it's not screen accurate, but it's perfect for me, which is exactly what I wanted.
Ahhh........a contented man........for so many the quest goes on and on and........
HWaltonJonesJr.Phd
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by HWaltonJonesJr.Phd »

when I'm not thinking about another perfect jacket I'm wondering why I'm always thinking about LEATHER *^&%$%*&* JACKETS since I found this site...
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Hatch wrote:
Zombie Jones wrote:
Hatch wrote:
Is yours a TN ?
Ahhh........a contented man...
Well, as far as the jacket is concerned, anyway. ;-)