HH in washing mashine

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

eaglecrow
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

HH in washing mashine

Post by eaglecrow »

Since my HH is still too new looking after the first season I'd like to put my horsehide into the washing machine. I thought of 50 to 60 degrees Celsius. Any suggestions?
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: HH in washing mashine

Post by Raider S »

BreinederIndy wrote:Since my HH is still too new looking after the first season I'd like to put my horsehide into the washing machine. I thought of 50 to 60 degrees Celsius. Any suggestions?
Sounds way too hot to me! Why not give it a wear in a warm or hot shower to take it slow and not beat it up so much? That's how I'd start.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

I did it with mine, might have shrunk slightly. Can't really tell. Still looks pretty new, gained some graining on the collar. Try 40° first, I think I used 60° but can't really remember! :).
Jakob Emiliussen
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jakob Emiliussen »

I would put my jacket in the shower, and drench it with cold water first(wich would be quite close to rain, except that rain does not have very much scale and most drinkingwater does) - just to see if it had any effect.... But that's me...
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

You might want to do a search of Mechanic posts he's written extinsvely on washing a G&B goat with nice results, which might be helpful.....