Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

New Indy 4 Nowak jacket arrived!!!

Post by lantzn »

Hey Guys,
I was so excited when Fedex showed up at my door today with my first ever Indy jacket. It's perfect! I changed the color because I'm partial to green, it's happens to be my favorite color. I also wanted to add a little flair to the pockets and found an old jacket from the 60s that Tony was able to copy perfectly. I love pen stripped suits and thought it would be cool to have the liner made out of something like that. I was thinking a dark green pen stripe ti match the outer color but Tony suggested the light color to make a real statement when I opened my jacket and took it off.
In a nutshell I absolutely agree with everyone in this forum that has said Tony made the best Jackets. This jacket is built tough and will last for years.

What do you guys think? Be brutally honest I can take it.

Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

Well, that's certainly different.

Enjoy.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

that's big tony's sizing jacket no??? castor had a navy blue one to size himself up with. i sized myself by buying 2 and selling the first :lol:

if that is what you speced......then i think it would make a great hunting jacket!.....you should of had the back panel or the yoke made out a camo as well just to match ;-)
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Hehe actually this is a TEST jacket Tony sent me so we can come up with the correct measurements for my real Indy 4 jacket. Sorry guys I couldn't help my self, when the jacket arrived I just kept laughing.

So with that in mind what do you think of the fit? The arm lengths feel perfect. It's a bit snug in the chest especially when I give myself a hug. I like jackets to have a little more room in the chest. I was thinking it was a little short but I know that the Indy jackets are suppose to be a shorter cut. Am I correct in this?
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

it looks to me like an excellent fit.......but pics won't tell me how you move in it ;-)
Aggie
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Aggie »

It's very unique, congratulations! It makes it look like you care more about your clothing than to just buy an OTR jacket from the mall that everyone in town already owns.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

The sleeves and the back length look good to me. Get it a little bigger in the chest and you're good to go.

And thank goodness I don't have to come up with some inane, non-commital remark about the color. :twisted:
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

you mean it's not real, I really like that jacket, it's groovey baby yea.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Sleeve length

Post by lantzn »

I got to looking at some pictures of the Indy 4 jacket on Ford. It appears he wears his sleeves on his knuckes. This would mean the test jacket is about 1"-1.5" to short. It also looks like his jacket is longer, though this might be how he wears his pants. Maybe up high a bit.
What do you guys think based on these pictures?

Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i think the length is fine. the sleeves are right where they should be WITH some wrinkling so perhaps an extra 0.75" to 1" is warranted. just my opinion.

oh yeah....don't order it in green......i think plum is more your colour :lol:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

woah :shock:

well this just proves that Tony is willing to do anything for the customer..
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Well, everybody is built different, so your waist might be lower than Fords. Also, your arms could be a different length.

Based on what I see, ask for shorter sleeves by just a little, and add about an inch to the jacket length so it looks right on you. The sleeves on the movie jacket look uncomfortably long to me, so I would never want to emulate that. You might, though, I don't know.

Oh, and keep the camo collar stand. It's cool! :mrgreen:
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Now that made me laugh out loud when I laid eyes on that ugly sucker! Glad it's just a test.

As far as the fit goes, from the pics it looks to be perfect to me in body and sleeve length. Ford looks to have his pants pulled up high so your body length looks great and the sleeves should end at the thumb knuckle as they do. Looks like it's time to place that order. :whip:
SpeedRcrX
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by SpeedRcrX »

Sent these photos to Tony he will know what adjustments to make just by looking at them.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

LOL i was like holy @#$% that is sooo ugly!!
Be sure to send pics of the real one :lol:

Nibs
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

I remember seeing that jacket the first time I was there and I thought, 'What the .....' :lol:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

lantzn wrote:Hehe actually this is a TEST jacket Tony sent me so we can come up with the correct measurements for my real Indy 4 jacket. Sorry guys I couldn't help my self, when the jacket arrived I just kept laughing.

So with that in mind what do you think of the fit? The arm lengths feel perfect. It's a bit snug in the chest especially when I give myself a hug. I like jackets to have a little more room in the chest. I was thinking it was a little short but I know that the Indy jackets are suppose to be a shorter cut. Am I correct in this?
Raising your arms and giving yourself a hug is an unnatural move. How often do you actually do that in real life? I don't think it's a good indicator of chest fit.

How does it feel standing straight zippered up?

The lenghth loooks good IMO, the sleeves could be a littel longer.
Canada Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canada Jones »

Hilarious! You got me. i thought that this was a jacket you seriously purchased and thought that it was the most unusual indy jacket I had ever seen. Certainly would be a one of a kind...
best
Canada
Last edited by Canada Jones on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

You mean it isn't the most unusual indy jacket you've ever seen? :shock:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

RCSignals wrote:
lantzn wrote:Hehe actually this is a TEST jacket Tony sent me so we can come up with the correct measurements for my real Indy 4 jacket. Sorry guys I couldn't help my self, when the jacket arrived I just kept laughing.

Raising your arms and giving yourself a hug is an unnatural move. How often do you actually do that in real life? I don't think it's a good indicator of chest fit.

How does it feel standing straight zippered up?

The lenghth loooks good IMO, the sleeves could be a littel longer.

Sorry I should have described that better. Crossing my arms it what I meant, which I do quite often when standing and sitting for any length of time. I buy all my jackets based on being comfortable while doing this. I think adding a couple of inches across the back will solve this.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

yes crossing your arms is completely different. I see people who try jackets on all the time, stretch out their arms in front of them then 'hug' themselves. Impossible to properly size a jacket that way.

Send Tony the pictures, and talk to him. He'll know exactly what to do.
IndyFalco
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyFalco »

HAHAHAHAHA... totally got me !!!
Good One.
Don't Call Me Junior!
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Don't Call Me Junior! »

RCSignals wrote:yes crossing your arms is completely different. I see people who try jackets on all the time, stretch out their arms in front of them then 'hug' themselves. Impossible to properly size a jacket that way.

Send Tony the pictures, and talk to him. He'll know exactly what to do.
I'm going to second this. His eye for this stuff is amazing. If he has pic of you wearing a jacket with known measurements he's going to be able to dial the one he makes for you right in. You're in like Flynn!

I think I'm going to have to get those pockets on my next jacket! ;-)
Jakob Emiliussen
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jakob Emiliussen »

Interessting jacket - not very SA :), but nice...
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

I was thinking as crazy as we all are, do you think if Indy really wore a jacket like that.....would you buy one? would be weird humm, my gut reaction is yes. talk about getting SA on that one. :)
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

jacksdad wrote:I was thinking as crazy as we all are, do you think if Indy really wore a jacket like that.....would you buy one? would be weird humm, my gut reaction is yes. talk about getting SA on that one. :)
don't tell anyone, but that's really an Indy 5 jacket :-$
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Real jacket ordered!

Post by lantzn »

Well guys after my third and final phone call FROM Tony, and my wife's visual help looking at the test jacket on me and some various screen shots I took from IJCS this is what we came up with. Tony is one great guys and my wife was amazed at how much attention he gave me in getting this jacket right.

My email order to Tony upon his request;

Hello Tony,
Per our last phone conversation going over the measurements for both your XL and XXL test jackets, here is what I think will make the jacket I'm looking for. The final measurements were based on trying on the XL jacket you sent me and adding XXL measurements where needed as you suggested. The XL jacket needed about 1.5" added to the front A>B measurement, .75" to 1" added to the sleeve M>N measurement, and 2" added to the chest circumference at the under arms with jacket zipped up (not on chart). We determined this last measurement would be solved by adding to the C>D and across the shoulder blade seam measurements.

Thank you very much for helping me with this decision.

Indy 4 Jacket #360 of #777 (360 is a large western WA area code)
Darkest Brown Leather
Gold on Black inscription
Bigger Zipper, on screen accurate side
Extra Inside Pocket
A>B
25"
C>D
25"
E>F
24"
G>H
8"
I>J
27"
K>L depends on custom cut
M>N
26.75"
Back from shoulder blade to shoulder blade seam 21.75" (not on chart, we just measured both jackets and chose the XXL measurement)

Chart followed:
http://www.tonynowak.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=44

REFERENCE ONLY; these were my measurements from the green XL test jacket you sent me.
A>B
23.5"
C>D
24"
E>F
24"
G>H
8"
I>J
27"
K>L
22.5"
M>N
26"
Back from shoulder blade to shoulder blade seam 20.75"

REFERENCE ONLY; these were your measurements from the XXL test jacket you measure from.
A>B
25"
C>D
25"
E>F Not given
G>H
8.5"
I>J
28"
K>L
23.5"
M>N
26.25"
Back from shoulder blade to shoulder blade seam 21.75"

---end of email

Hopefully this information will help other in creating their jackets.

Now the wait begins.
Does anyone know how long it take's Tony to make the jacket? I forgot to ask him.

:lol:
Tollan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Tollan »

Does the vertical inside pocket on the wearers right, as seen in the photos, come as standard on the indy IV jacket? I like it as a feature!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Just wanted to say it's kind of nice to see an TN Indy IV jacket thread to pop up again. I was beginning to think the only thing Tony made anymore was the Raiders 1. :lol: ;-)

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

By the look of it, he can also make it any color you like! :lol:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Tollan wrote:Does the vertical inside pocket on the wearers right, as seen in the photos, come as standard on the indy IV jacket? I like it as a feature!
Tony said the Indy4 jacket had one pocket. He gives you the option to have an extra pocket (total 2 pockets) added, which I chose to do. I'm a tech gadget kind of guy and like the added pocket! This will keep my iPhone safe. :)
Tollan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Tollan »

yeah, I like it. Kind of like the G-1 map pocket.... nice discrete feature...
Baldwyn
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Baldwyn »

I actually wish I didn't get the second pocket! I don't know if I'm the only one, but I find the map pocket to disturb the lines of the jacket; much more so than the horizontal one.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

lantzn your email to Tony reads like some complicated math problem. :lol:

I also had the second inside pocket added am happy I did.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Baldwyn wrote:I actually wish I didn't get the second pocket! I don't know if I'm the only one, but I find the map pocket to disturb the lines of the jacket; much more so than the horizontal one.
Mine isn't noticeable at all from the outside of the jacket, even if I place a cell phone in it.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

RCSignals wrote:lantzn your email to Tony reads like some complicated math problem. :lol:
Yes it does and Tony is just that particular about getting it right. :lol:
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Thank God for that! :lol:
Gotta break it to you, man... that's downright hideous! :mrgreen:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

The REAL jacket

Post by lantzn »

Well after MANY conversations with Tony (on his part) I finally received my REAL jacket! It fits perfectly and is exactly how I wanted it to look according to my final specifications. This jacket is so comfortable and warm here in the NW. Everyone I've shown it to also likes the cut and look.

Last edited by lantzn on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Looks great
so this is like the "exact" thing used in Indy 4?
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

You're joking, right?

The jacket looks like a perfect fit to me as usual. The sleeves appear a little long but once they settle in they'll ride up a bit and be perfect.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

blueoakleyz wrote:Looks great
Yes it is.

Regards, Geert
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

agent5 wrote:The jacket looks like a perfect fit to me as usual. The sleeves appear a little long but once they settle in they'll ride up a bit and be perfect.
I ordered them long like in the Harrison Ford publicity photos and because every jacket I buy the sleeves are too short even the XXL sizes. I'm 6'1" and have long arms.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

lantzn wrote:
agent5 wrote:The jacket looks like a perfect fit to me as usual. The sleeves appear a little long but once they settle in they'll ride up a bit and be perfect.
I ordered them long like in the Harrison Ford publicity photos and because every jacket I buy the sleeves are too short even the XXL sizes. I'm 6'1" and have long arms.
the sleeve length is perfect for Indy4.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

agent5 wrote:
You're joking, right?

The jacket looks like a perfect fit to me as usual. The sleeves appear a little long but once they settle in they'll ride up a bit and be perfect.
No.. I just don't pay much attention