So THIS is what it feels like! :)

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

EchoSix
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

So THIS is what it feels like! :)

Post by EchoSix »

Buying an off the shelf jacket is fun to do, knowing that you're gonna' be getting an Indy jacket from Wested sometime soon...

But when you go ahead and order a custom one, based on your own needs and desires... :mrgreen: It's a whole different ball o' wax, isn't it? :)

I feel like I just lost my virginity! :lol:

Peter is a gentleman and great person to talk to! Placing an order directly with him and giving the payment information directly to him, beats the SNOT out of the whole email debacle that tends to happen with them.

:)
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Ooh, I'm highly envious - the one time I ordered I did it online. Good luck with the jacket. ;-)
EchoSix
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by EchoSix »

Thanks. :)

Yeah, I just purchased a pre-paid phone card and spoke for a while, the day before ordering it, and just giving him a feel for what I wanted. Then after emailing him all the specs and measurements, he said no problem.

He's got some pieces of a lighter colored goat that he's setting aside for my jacket, plus he's got no problem putting in gussets and various other changes.

I'm not doing a fully screen accurate jacket, obviously I'm sticking with the goat. Plus it's still gonna' have the satin sleeves and antique brass zipper. I like them personally.

And the exchange rate is also a plus. A custom Indy jacket for $170.00 + shipping... :shock:

Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

no kidding. with the exchange rate in september, i paid 370 for mine.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: So THIS is what it feels like! :)

Post by Neolithic »

Hey, congratulations!
EchoSix wrote: I feel like I just lost my virginity! :lol:
Just so long as there's not a "Good God, what have I done?!!!" feeling afterwards, it's aaaall good. :twisted:
twilekjedi
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by twilekjedi »

Wait a second, are you talking about the "Special Offer Raiders" jacket? I didn't realize that one was custom. The regular Raiders custom is $247.55 today, according to the website.
EchoSix
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by EchoSix »

No... It's a custom jacket, based on some of the specs that Agent 5 gave, in the Raiders specs thread that J!M started.

It's all custom, being made to my size, pocket configurations, modified pocket size, locations of seams, gussets being added, a certain shade of goat skin, lining, inside pocket slit, etc.

Custom.

All for $170.00 plus $20.00 shipping.

I'm dead serious.

And Peter took the order over the phone and all my credit card info, to save on the PayPal fees.

Those prices on their site, may not reflect the exchange rate as it is now.

Gemma doesn't check her email properly... Who's to say she's gonna' update the website that frequently? :lol: :lol:

So... Hopefully I sell my first jacket on Ebay, for the same price I paid for it and then with getting the new one from Wested, I might even make a couple of bucks. :lol:
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: So THIS is what it feels like! :)

Post by knibs7 »

EchoSix wrote: I feel like I just lost my virginity! :lol:

Ohhhh my... :[

NIBS
Jakob Emiliussen
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jakob Emiliussen »

Congrats on the new jacket - be sure to post pics when you get it!
EchoSix
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by EchoSix »

I definitely will be posting pics, of course.

And since I'm getting a goat, with a lighter shade/color of brown (sight unseen), how possible is it to darken up the laether, if it's too light?

What's commonly done to darken goatskin?
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Indiana Joyce wrote:no kidding. with the exchange rate in september, i paid 370 for mine.
That's about what I paid for mine in June.

Yeah, purchasing a leather jacket manufactured to your specifications is a good feeling. For me it was mildly unnerving as well--ordering an expensive article of clothing online (for me, $370 is expensive for a jacket), providing relatively little information with regards to measurements that may or may not be accurate, and putting my faith in a vendor I'd never dealt with to get it right. Well, I gotta tell you, the experience couldn't have been better! My jacket arrived exactly two weeks from the day I ordered it and fits exactly how I wanted it to. Screen accurate? No, but I couldn't resist the Novapelle. Attractive, comfortable, warm (warm enough for me, anyway, I live in Southern California and rarely get cold). What more could you ask?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

EchoSix wrote:I definitely will be posting pics, of course.

And since I'm getting a goat, with a lighter shade/color of brown (sight unseen), how possible is it to darken up the laether, if it's too light?

What's commonly done to darken goatskin?

if you want to darken the goat I would first give it a good shower to break away the shine, and when it drys up and comforts to your body I would give the jacket light coats of pecards (or brown pecards to give it a darker shade faster.) just apply.let it dry.whipe of the exces and do it over again if you want...but dont over do it...

this will darken the fibers of the jacket and stay dark..but after much sun,rain,snow.etc over the years..it will maby turn a few % lighter again..but by very little...just apply another coat...

take this jacket.this is authentic brown lambskin..Its my costume jacket.its been heavy distressed..it became pretty light after I aged it..I wanted it darker and blend the aging out abit..look what the pecards did to my jacket.I did 2 coats.

Image Image
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

Congrats Echo, I'm sure the anticipation is killing you! I know it is me! I figured this would be a good place to post as you ordered soon. Did you do it through their regular site and not the site they typically have up for the Indy jackets? The reason I ask this is because when I just tried to put in my order through their regular website, the special requests area simply has no room! I could barely get anything typed in for what I wanted. And it's no where near crazy what others request.